City of Lights

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: City of Lights

Postby Raleigh » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:55 pm

*Dirge seems to slide sideways away from the incoming hit disappearing into a flaming portal. She appears facing Zapana.* Dirge: I think I'm going to have trouble here.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:40 pm

Got anything else going for you, Funey-chan? Because in all honesty...

*Zapana's irises turn black, and a thin magenta outline wraps itself around her. Her stance and tone of voice are clear: she's ready to party.*

...There's a bottle of Armagnac out there with my name on it.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:08 am

Dirge: Sure. *She stabs her still charged sword into the ground on her right and then her skin takes on a more metallic sheen.* I'm sure you are familiar with iron skin type techniques. Come on, let's see if you can get through, eh?
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:16 pm

*raises an eyebrow* I know this is supposed to be a fight to the death, but are you absolutely positive?
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:55 pm

Dirge:Sure. In fact, I don't think you'll even be able to touch me.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:57 pm

*fanged grin* Let's test that, shall we?

*Zapana braces herself and holds out her left hand. At first, the object that appears takes form as a standard fireball... before consuming her arm and rapidly changing color from orange to red, to blue, to purple, and finally to a deep
BLACK that makes her own fur seem bright by comparison. The air in the arena seems to howl, and misshapen pillars of darkness erupt throughout it at random.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:58 am

Dirge: Dimensional Shell. *The energy charged into Dirge's sword dissipates into the ground forming a spell circle around her and folding the dimensional space around her in strange ways.*
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:41 pm

Showtime, kids! Jaō Ensatsu Kokuryuha!

*Zapana rears back, getting ready to throw the attack at Dirge... and instead launches it straight up into the air, re-absorbing the fiery dragon when it drops back down and comes in contact with her. The magenta glow deepens to a dark purple, and the world around her seems to shake.*

*deep-throated chuckle* Psych.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:31 pm

Dirge: Pulling Hiei's trick? Should I be expecting an enhanced performance now?
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:20 pm

Well, that and I wanted a chance to show off the technique I was wagering. First, the setup. Heat Sink: Expulsion!

*Zapana drives one foot into the ground, and a full-on onslaught of flame is jettisoned straight down; instead of using it to boost her jumps, she instead directs it into and throughout the entirety of the arena floor. With a howl she expels all of the black flames she is capable of producing (including the Kokuryuha that she'd just absorbed) until the ground isn't merely on fire---it truly is fire.*

*This has an effect on Zapana as well. With her Fenrir Blood temporarily overtaxed, most of her body has turned snow-white, and her irises are a crystalline blue. The only exceptions are her feet, hands and wrists, a few black stripes on her ears, and eye circles. Her original appearance before she was experimented on by a power-hungry madman.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:43 am

*Dirge takes wing to avoid being in contact with the floor.* Dirge: I see. Genetic Memory: Pandemonium. *A dimensional gateway appears in front of Dirge. It opens up and out spills all manner of horror and evil spirit directly at Zapana.*
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:49 am

*doesn't so much as flinch upon seeing them approach* Next, the reinforcement. Heat Sink: Zero Velocity!

*With another battle cry, Zapana holds her hands out and forcibly reabsorbs all of the fire and heat in the arena---and we do mean all of it. From the air to the ground, by the time she's done, not a speck of warmth remains in the arena, thus achieving the temperature that scientists have been struggling to reach for the longest time: Absolute Zero. Her physical appearance reverts back to its normal state.*

*Assuming that either Dirge's Dimensional Shell or some other measure is still protecting her, it's doubtful that this will harm her directly. However, it should have an adverse effect on most everything else. For the monsters and spirits (those with corporeal forms, anyway), it'll flash-freeze them in their tracks inside and out. Zapana's true targets in this endeavor, however---again, assuming that they're still where Dirge left them---are the spell circle and the succubus' sword; being subjected to extremely hot and cold temperatures in short order couldn't have been good for the latter.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:37 pm

*The spell circle had dissipated after forming the dimensional shift around Dirge. Her sword however begins to crack from the extreme temperature shifts as the frozen monsters land on the ground shattering.* Dirge: Tch.. *The spirits on the other hand, being little more than bad luck and misfortune spirits home in on Zapana to do what they can to cause her trouble. Her next few actions might not work quite the way she wants.* You know that sword will take awhile to replace.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:11 pm

*Zapana makes a "come on, then" gesture, though the finger she uses is... different from what she had intended. She seems completely indifferent to the sheer weight of ice crystals on her fur and clothes, even though each little movement she makes continually adds more.*

Eh, suck it up. That is what you're best at, isn't it? *blinks; mutters to herself* The @$#^ did I just say...
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:11 am

*Dirge lashes out with her arm unleashing a series of vacuum blades in a claw swipe type pattern at Zapana.*
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse