Nothin'

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Nothin'

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat May 20, 2017 3:15 pm

A certain block of a certain neighborhood of Muffinville...is not. To be more accurate, it seems to have been replaced with...white. The effect resembles, perhaps, what might happen if the world local to that area had been a three-dimensional analogue of a whiteboard all along, and someone had come by with an eraser recently, blatantly ignoring a nearby-scribbled DNE. The area affected isn't terribly large, but...despite the "white" not having any apparent motion, it does seem to be slowly growing. Among most passersby, the response is curious: People will briefly glance in the general direction of the effect, muttering something like "that can't be good" or "well, that's not normal," and then move along as if the sight of it had simply been forgotten.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Re: Nothin'

Postby AmbushCat » Sat May 20, 2017 3:32 pm

*For the lack of having nothing better to do, Ambush Cat is perched on top of a building across the street, giving the Block o' Nothin' a long, hard look*

My kingdom for a dry-erase marker that effects absolutely nothing.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby xGoggles » Sat May 20, 2017 11:35 pm

Taking a few notes here and there, mainly of strange occurrences happening in Muffinville, well unusual for him, the locals seem to give those little mind.
The young man with his goggles hums to himself "This place sure is bizarre...How did I even get here...?"

Continuing his exploration, something caught his attention.... nothingness... but unlike void, it wasn't dark or invisible... just white, like a blank 3D canvas ready to be painted in.

"Hmmm..." Writing down this new phenomenon on his notepad, he gets closer trying to get a better look at it, but still far enough what one would assume to be a 'safe-distance'..."So hmmm, seems it's expanding, interesting."
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sat May 20, 2017 11:48 pm

xGoggles wrote:Taking a few notes here and there, mainly of strange occurrences happening in Muffinville, well unusual for him, the locals seem to give those little mind.
The young man with his goggles hums to himself "This place sure is bizarre...How did I even get here...?"

Continuing his exploration, something caught his attention.... nothingness... but unlike void, it wasn't dark or invisible... just white, like a blank 3D canvas ready to be painted in.

"Hmmm..." Writing down this new phenomenon on his notepad, he gets closer trying to get a better look at it, but still far enough what one would assume to be a 'safe-distance'..."So hmmm, seems it's expanding, interesting."

*From the rooftop, Ambush throws his voice. No, seriously: he removes his mouth from his face and throws it, angling it so that it lands on thin air less than half a foot behind the goggle-equipped young man. With that, he speaks with a grin:*

Just like my boss's stomach, but much slower.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby xGoggles » Sun May 21, 2017 12:37 am

His writing suddenly interrupted. "Huh, what..?". Having not heard any footsteps approach him, he turn around to see... a floating mouth right in front of him! "W-wha-what?!!" he jumps back, in a mini-panic attack, dropping his pencil in the process.
After a few attempt to catch his breath he speaks up, "H-Hi there... mouth-thingie..?", looking at it utterly confused.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sun May 21, 2017 1:02 am

*A cloud of black fur gathers around the mouth, eventually materializing into an oversized Black Maine Coon with a purple gem shard in his forehead.*

Hi to you too, goggle-head. Good to meetcha.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby xGoggles » Sun May 21, 2017 2:27 am

"Ummm... good to meet you too?", half keeping eye contact, hoping this new appearance doesn't have any hostile intentions, half also looking for his dropped pencil that likely rolled off somewhere....

"W-Well... do you maybe have any idea, what this.. 'white'-stuff is ?" Maybe this mysterious cat-creature could be a source of information about this place... Or maybe he was just slowly losing his mind, he is talking back to a cat after all...
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun May 21, 2017 9:03 am

"It's not really a material thing at all. It's an event." A woman's voice cuts in from a couple of feet behind the goggled fellow. The owner is a fairly tall woman with glasses, dark blue hair, and ears and tail resembling those of a wolf (whose fur is also dark blue). She doesn't seem to have been there until she started talking. "Nothing is happening over there--" (she waves vaguely at the white stuff) "--because nothing is happening in general. Or...maybe just not enough."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sun May 21, 2017 10:17 am

xGoggles wrote:"Ummm... good to meet you too?", half keeping eye contact, hoping this new appearance doesn't have any hostile intentions, half also looking for his dropped pencil that likely rolled off somewhere....

"W-Well... do you maybe have any idea, what this.. 'white'-stuff is ?" Maybe this mysterious cat-creature could be a source of information about this place... Or maybe he was just slowly losing his mind, he is talking back to a cat after all...

*shrugs* Not a clue. This is kinda new to me, too. *relocates to the ground* Speaking of new... I'm Ambush Cat, but most people just leave off the 'Cat'. Who are you?

Whatevr89532 wrote:"It's not really a material thing at all. It's an event." A woman's voice cuts in from a couple of feet behind the goggled fellow. The owner is a fairly tall woman with glasses, dark blue hair, and ears and tail resembling those of a wolf (whose fur is also dark blue). She doesn't seem to have been there until she started talking. "Nothing is happening over there--" (she waves vaguely at the white stuff) "--because nothing is happening in general. Or...maybe just not enough."

So, basically it's 'nothing' that's slowly consuming reality and getting bigger? Just so I'm clear here. *turns transparent for a few moments*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby xGoggles » Sun May 21, 2017 3:44 pm

Whatevr89532 wrote:"It's not really a material thing at all. It's an event." A woman's voice cuts in from a couple of feet behind the goggled fellow. The owner is a fairly tall woman with glasses, dark blue hair, and ears and tail resembling those of a wolf (whose fur is also dark blue). She doesn't seem to have been there until she started talking. "Nothing is happening over there--" (she waves vaguely at the white stuff) "--because nothing is happening in general. Or...maybe just not enough."

The yelps and he hastily turns around again tracing where this new voice came from, ' why does everyone like to sneak up on me?...', he thinks. Noting now it is a woman with wolf resemblances, rather than a creepy floating smile.
"Ahhh... and... hi to you too..."

Thinking about what woman said, "Wait... nothings is happening? I mean there clearly is something going on--... well I guess 'the nothing' is happening... Hmm...What do you mean by 'not enough'? What is not enough to cause this 'event'?"

AmbushCat wrote:*shrugs* Not a clue. This is kinda new to me, too. *relocates to the ground* Speaking of new... I'm Ambush Cat, but most people just leave off the 'Cat'. Who are you?

"I am...", hesitating to tell his name... How big are the chances they could be a creature that steals your name or use it in a sealing contract with a demon of some kind... anything seems possible in this place... "I mean.. umm.. you can call me Goggles, lets keep it at that."
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sun May 21, 2017 5:37 pm

"I am...", hesitating to tell his name... How big are the chances they could be a creature that steals your name or use it in a sealing contract with a demon of some kind... anything seems possible in this place... "I mean.. umm.. you can call me Goggles, lets keep it at that."

Short and descriptive. I like that. Sorry about scarin' you. *grin* It's just how I get my kicks.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun May 21, 2017 9:22 pm

The stranger crosses her arms. "Let's see if I can explain this in a way that makes sense to folks without my particular blend of insanity. Have you ever had a day where you are going to bed and the only significant thing you remember doing is waking up that morning? You just sort of..puttered around the whole time and didn't accomplish much of anything? Didn't even talk to anyone or relax meaningfully or get any work done? Well, our universe has had roughly a few months like that recently, from a certain frame of reference. And the chaotic, capricious nature of this reality has responded to that by...making it literal. It might consume the whole world or go away, I'm really not sure. I appeared here because I have a crippling addiction to giving exposition and I'm sticking around because I'm hoping to see the results of somebody poking it.

"A-nyway," she says, suddenly shifting to a chipper tone, "My name's Whatevr, nice to meet you Goggles. You wanna go poke that event horizon over there?"

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sun May 21, 2017 10:31 pm

"No problem, hehe..." he says to the cat, giving an awkward laugh along with it.

Paying attention again to the wolf-woman, the idea of a universe going into a slump like that, sounds strange if not downward dangerous, giving yet a very confusing suggestion along with it.
"You want me to poke that?" Looking suspicious at the 'white'. "That looks... rather unsafe if you ask me..."
Finally locating his lost pencil, that rolled it's way close to the border of the 'white', carefully moving towards it so he can just sweep it off the ground, and back-away, as soon as it gets into arm's reach.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sun May 21, 2017 10:39 pm

*Ambush nods in acceptance, then sits back to see what happens to Goggles and the Nothingness.*

Hmm... sounds like a good name for a book.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue May 23, 2017 7:29 pm

Somehow, Goggles manages to sweep the pencil in just the right way that its writing end slides across the 'edge' of the event horizon. This somehow writes on that surface just as if it were paper, producing a thin curved line across it. After a couple of second this line wiggles a bit like a string being held taut and strummed, and then opens up like a tent flap being spread out by someone's hands into an increasingly wide oval-ish shape. This 'opening' (although the 'inside' seems just as pure white as the rest of the horizon) also grows taller, extending upward.

Whatevr watches this with keen interest. "Hmm..is that a way in, or is something coming out?"

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Next

Return to the Muffinverse