Nothin'

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Nothin'

Postby xGoggles » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:15 pm

"That is partly what was I was aiming to do before.. you know.. you almost burned off my retina with that light-abuse of yours..." she sighs.. "Sorry... thanks for the tip I guess.."
She takes a seat on the ground, crossing her legs and starts to rub her forehead with her index fingers trying to focus, unlikely this was the proper way for long distance telepathy, but she couldn't care less what her posture was.
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:03 pm

Whatevr produces a pencil and a clipboard with a sheet of college-ruled notebook paper on it, and starts scribbling a paragraph down on it. "How do you like the name Secorra Soulstealer?" she asks the demoness while working. "I mean, I know you apparently have a dad and all, but that can be your middle name. You sound more important if you have more names anyway."

"If this doesn't work, I can probably still track those two down so you can attempt it at shorter range until you get used to it," says Fox. "A name huh? Is 'Autumn' too cliche?" he asks, gesturing at the fall-themed girl.
"You're really bad at names, huh?" says Whatevr from her position, still working.
"Hmph."
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:17 am

You know, I could put a spell on you to prevent that issue. Might mess up your dark vision a bit though. Admittedly, if you are a lich, shouldn't you have soul sight?

Secorra: That will work for me. *Waits to see what the results of Whatevr's spell will be.*

Autumn: I suppose I could work for you. What exactly would I be collecting?

Raleigh: That name will work for her for me at least. Fruits, veggies, grains, souls, the usual really.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby xGoggles » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:46 pm

Her hard focusing paid off, even thought connecting with her 'object-self' was surprisingly easier than she had imagined. Guess she overestimated the task given her lack of experience. She could see herself.. at some open-air sushi restaurant.. with a kobold chef?..
Goggles starts talking and even though the lips on her body clearly move, no sound is coming out of them, likely the message can be heard on the other end of the connection.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:09 pm

"Hmm hmm hmm~," Whatevr hums to herself while finishing up the writing, and then carefully removes the paper from the clipboard and offers it to Secorra. "The gist of it is that it detects the kind of souls the caster is looking for, so if you cast it by destroying the paper however you like it'll give a kind of little temporary HUD in your vision with lights on a compass circle wherever those souls are relative to you."

"Since I forgot all my magic, I wonder if I should start trying to relearn it again," muses Fox.
Whatevr wags a finger at him. "Nope! No magic for you. I'm already the mage. Also there's Lyre to cover the 'normal mage' territory."
"Lyre?" he replies, with a look of recognition.
"Not that one. Anyway, you can already do cool sword stuff."
"...I'm still going to try and learn some magic."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:50 pm

Goggles sighs as she figuratively speaking hangs-up the telepathic phone, she looks around at the others with a neutral and rather dull expression, "So.. What did I miss?"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:34 am

Heh. Not much other than these two being named really.

Autumn: What was that last one?

Raleigh: Grains. I need someone I can trust to help a tribe I owe a favor to and you are in need of a job.

Autumn: I was sure you said something else.

Secorra: I see. This will be useful. *She snatches up the offered spell.*

Raleigh: I have a magic school for that if you would like to make use of it, Fox.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:10 am

The notebook paper doesn't seem to do anything until it's destroyed, as per the instructions. Its contents are literally a several-paragraphs plaintext English detailed description of what the werewolf girl already summarized.

"Your soul wouldn't happen to qualify as innocent, would it?" says Whatevr, moving over to the lich girl. "I mean, it's already gone a few blocks off but just to be on the safe side, you know."

Fox nods. "I might like to take you up on that. I don't have any physical forms of payment, though, unless my old house still exists and recognizes me, which is doubtful. You accept services?"

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:20 pm

She glares over Whatevr, suspicious about such a question, "By the things I have seen since my creation.. not at all..." she shudders a bit by what purpose her previous masters had used her for.. "But by the actions I have done already during my animated existence.. maybe? Why.. are you asking?"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:46 pm

Whatevr waves at the demoness still present. "She's looking for innocent souls to eat, I thought you might appreciate a heads up. Don't worry, my coin landed heads this morning."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:47 am

*Secorra starts to burn the parchment but before she can she finds a card floating in front of her.* Raleigh: Sorry, can't let you do that. *The card faces her and shows the Fool from the tarot deck. Instantly all magic around her ceases to work.* I didn't create you so you could resurrect Fear. You are going to be teaching my children a bit more of their demonic heritage.

*The demoness turns and prepares to leap at Raleigh before he tosses a metal orb at her that latches on and then teleports her away.* Really should have put in a control system before making her. Oh well. *The card crumbles to ash with an application of pyrokinesis.*

*Turns to Fox again.* Indeed, I can accept service. Normally the price is some small amount of silver but I can make exceptions I believe.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:33 pm

"Aww, you're not fun." The werewolf girl looks to Goggles again. "Okay, never mind. No soul-eating going on today apparently. But if I were you I'd make sure you're not innocent somehow or other. Lots of rituals need innocent souls and stuff. Not that the half-orange cat you're on can't defend herself or you, but..."

Fox looks like he's thinking for a moment. He turns to Whatevr. "Look..does my old home exist or not?"
"It exists," she shrugs, "The Event only affected things in this universe, and technically it's a pocket dimension. Recognizing you is another story."
"Hmm.." Back to Raleigh. "I could actually offer you a lot of silver if you helped me break into my old home. It's..not an easy task, but I do remember what most of the security is like. But it wouldn't be able to be up front, of course."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:02 pm

Well I did make her so her actions are something I would be held accountable for. This way she doesn't get to kill anyone.

Sure, might be fun. I haven't had a chance to be a thief in awhile.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:22 pm

Fox nods. "I'll have to reorient myself with this town's layout and then find the door from that. Will saying your name be enough to get your attention?"

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:07 pm

She crosses her arms and shakes her head, "Magic rituals based on human morality... way to make things messy" she sigh, "So what do I have to do that isn't innocent?"
Leaning her head towards Fox's and Raleigh's conversation, sparking her interests she walks up closer, "Breaking in a house isn't innocent, right? I'm up for it~", her facial impression doesn't look like it, mostly giving a bored expression, but her tone did sound like she was slightly excited for adventure.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse