Nothin'

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Nothin'

Postby Raleigh » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:48 pm

That can work but it might not. Summonings and I have interesting interactions and high prices. Best to use this. *Flicks a coin that forms as he does the action to Fox.* A summoning coin. One shot use. Flip it when you need me.

A lot of rituals are based around human, or at least mortal, morality. They did make most of them after all. I suppose it would remove the label of innocent to certain ways of viewing the world.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:56 pm

"It's sort of my own house," says Fox, thinking, "But I suppose it might work." He catches the coin easily and pockets it right away, nodding to Raleigh. "You can come with me if you want, but it will be very dangerous to your body. You might have to sew some limbs or fingers back on if things go poorly. Then again, an extra body couldn't hurt, so to speak, and there are some artifacts in there I could repay you with."
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:44 pm

"Don't worry about it I'll be careful. Also coming from something that never had any possessions to begin win, you don't really have to repay me... I see it more as collecting experiences, so just going along and do interesting things seems like payment enough... Why would I need any fancy artifacts anyway?" she tells him.
In the corner of her eye, she also notices a faith sparking in the distance, while she continues talking with Fox.
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:18 pm

Well to fight with if nothing else. I'm rather famously weak to artifact level weapons as an example.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:22 pm

"I was just trying to think of something valuable that should still be around, is all," Fox shrugs. "A lot of people do tend to want something in return. Even if you don't want the object itself its value could be good for getting food or...whatever it is liches do instead of eating? Anyway. Step one is to reacquaint myself with the town a bit so I can even find the door, and it does seem like you need a first introduction to it if I'm not mistaken."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:37 pm

"Why do animated beings so often want to fight or destroy;... creating is much more beautiful", she sighs again, "But I guess a way to 'protect' myself.. well this body at least, can be useful"
Looking back at Fox, "I sure hope I don't need to eat", she pokes her belly, "I don't even think I have usable organs for it in this body, nor am I compelled to stuff my face with food, like I saw others do... it actually looks horrific, if you think about it.."
She trails off, heading toward what caught her attention earlier; going to the spot that Fox originated from earlier. It seemed to be Dan's old pencil, or at least it looked like it; being all black like a 3D-silhouette, it could easily have been it's solidified shadow. She picks it up to get a closer look; it sometimes sparks creative energy in the form of sketch-line-lightning; being already made an established idea that came to life, she was clearly immune to this effect. She put it away in one of her pockets and goes back to Fox. "Any memories still on how your house looked like?"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:21 am

Well to the first part I do it because I am old and bored. Fighting is my best chance to find something new plus it gives me something to preserve and reteach if I find a world that doesn't know it. I've created quite often and probably expended more energy doing so than I ever have on fighting. Aye, you should protect yourself. There are few things more horrific than to see something with no self-preservation instinct.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:38 am

"Hmh. I've heard that a few dozen times," says Fox, on the objection to the idea of eating. "The instant an object-turned-humanoid experiences a taste they like they tend to forget all about it. I'm sure you need to gain energy somehow, though. Ah well.
"I know what my house looks like, and I have a good idea of what security is in there, but that's not the problem. It isn't here, it's a pocket dimension I made in my old life. A door in this world links to it but it's keyed to two specific identities, neither of which is now present. So getting in requires some real magical expertise, and enough power to literally break some rather strong wards specifically made to prevent intruders from entering that realm any way besides the doors."
He starts walking off along a certain street, intent apparently on that exploration.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:10 pm

Goggles closes her eyes and shudders, "Destroying to preserve.. such a cruel existence"
She follows the fox-man, unsure she could be any help to locate the magical door; considering she neither knew what exactly to look for, nor if those wards would prevent her from finding it anyway... Turning her head slightly back to take a glance of where the Nothingness was present at some point; she couldn't see the white's edge anymore from there, maybe it Raleigh's coloring removed it fully. Not putting to much care into it; she continues to go along with Fox.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:16 pm

"I know where the door is, and what it looks like. The main problem is I don't know precisely where we are, or what of the layout of the town has changed. I should be able to get my bearings before too long, though. No, what I might need help with is the security after we break our way inside the dimension..."

((At this point, what are the feelings on a small time-skip? Basically Fox would lead Goggles around town a short ways, getting his bearings/providing a mini tour of some of it, and then eventually they'd wind up where the door is, and we can pick back up there.))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:37 pm

"Should we ask for directions then if you want to know where in town we are; you know, in relation to the main buildings that are here and such?" Goggles bluntly suggests, having even less of an idea what Muffinville's layout is. "Or ask your wolf-lady-friend to show where?"

(( Time-skip sounds fine to me, how about you Raleigh? ))
Last edited by xGoggles on Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:08 am

((Oh that is fine with me. I'll be sticking here to get my other minions that I created as I think them up. Just flip the coin/pm me when you need me to help. Might be best to make the heist its own thread though.))

????: Hm.. seems I'm the first one to resolve into a functioning body.

Raleigh: Oh good, you are done.

????: Indeed, sire. *Appearing near Raleigh and Autumn is a young woman dressed in rather odd if somewhat skimpy mage clothes. Her hooded cloak for instance having oddly oversized fox ears.*

Raleigh: Oh boy, trickster mage?

????: Indeed.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:48 am

"Actually, Whatevr disappeared," says Fox, gesturing around to show the werewolf is no longer present. "It has a habit of doing that. I could ask where we are but I can't help but feel I'll be better off getting my bearings myself so I know where everything is in future..." The two of them head off on a brief journey around this section of Muffinville, before Fox works out where he is and begins a beeline/brief tour to the outskirts of town...

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:16 pm

????: She isn't the only one done, sirrah.

Raleigh: Oh joy. Sword saint/mage combo yes?

????: Aye. *The newest creation steps out with a few swords floating in the air about herself and a few sheathed at her side. Her obviously Asian style clothes matching the style of swords she is carrying pretty well.*

Raleigh: Going to have to find someone to name you all unless you already have some.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Previous

Return to the Muffinverse