It's Mallvel, Baybee

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: It's Mallvel, Baybee

Postby Raleigh » Thu May 25, 2017 6:12 am

*Near Risk and Whatevr appears another copy of Raleigh standing upside down relative to the two in mid air.* You know I'm tempted to just turn that barrier into a giant pile of fidget spinners.
Well then, I suppose I could hurry this along. *Raleigh walks up to the obstruction holding his spell in hand.* I think I could blow this thing apart faster.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Thu May 25, 2017 8:35 am

*turns towards Raleigh, looking a bit torn* ...You know, I'm undecided as to whether to let you do that or else let things play out.

----

*Callista herself seems just as torn, but it appears her repressed shopping urges are also restricting her ability to think rationally.*

Callista: *a bit whiny* Just a few more seconds, c'mon~!
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Thu May 25, 2017 8:45 am

*The copy with Risk chuckles.* No worries. I'm going to let you all have your fun for now. Mostly just popping in to say hi. Besides, I would have just phased through the thing or around it if I was too terribly inconvenienced personally.
Now which spell should I turn this little bit of magic into? That door knocker spell is always effective.... assuming I don't mind atomizing the entire front side of a fortress. Perhaps removing the forces that hold its molecules together? Oooh, combining those 128 palm techniques with the bakusei tenketsu? Magic won't be needed for that but I can always just reabsorb.... *It would seem Raleigh is purposefully wasting time in the blast radius.*
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Thu May 25, 2017 11:28 am

*warily* ...Well, then hello to you too, I guess.

---

Callista: *screams at the portal* Come on, just FIRE alrea---!

*And it is at that moment that the portal obliges. Fury in the form of a color-shifting energy beam strikes the Monolith wall, causing an explosion that reaches Callista's location. From that explosion, a vast multitude of smaller beams---none of them any less dangerous---scatter for miles, hammering and dispensing their fury against anything and everything. Happily, Risk's protective measures prevent any serious harm from being done to Muffinville, though more than a few citizens are spooked out of their wits.*

*After everything settles down, Callista groans in pain as she pulls herself out of a sewer grate she'd gotten stuck in. Taking a swig of Dr. Pepper to heal her injury, she grins widely when she sees that the CMB blast not only obliterated the Monolith, but also the final barriers behind it. Shrieking happily, she scrambles off down the street towards her destiny.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Thu May 25, 2017 11:55 am

*Blows out a puff of smoke.* Ouch. *Hefts himself out of the crater he had plowed through the earth from the impact.* At least my hair isn't on fire.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Thu May 25, 2017 3:20 pm

Should I be ashamed that I laughed whenever Himitsu did that to you?
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Thu May 25, 2017 4:19 pm

Not particularly. It was mostly annoying for how utterly meaningless it was. He could have at least set my clothes on fire or something. I would have been more upset by that. Burning my hair causes me about as much damage as a mundane sword to the heart.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Thu May 25, 2017 8:09 pm

In your case, I think that amounts to "none" at all. ... *shrug* At least, depending on the sword.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Thu May 25, 2017 8:32 pm

Well I did say mundane so, yeah. So what have you been up to lately? You too, for that matter, Whatevr?
*The Raleigh below takes a step forward and appears near Callista to see what she is doing now.* Hm.. I meant to step out of her shadow. I think I'm more disoriented than I expected to be.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu May 25, 2017 9:24 pm

Whatevr quietly watches the proceedings for a bit, appreciating the almost-destruction and the panic on people's faces afterward.

"Lately?" He hmms. "I'm not sue which measure of time I should use. I unexisted for a while, my idea came back as a vague shadow to instigate a few things, and then I officially reappeared with a number of memories rearranged or tossed out. I think I remember everything except for what I would have naturally forgot by now, but I've been warned to be careful and not mess things up for the one upstairs or else I'll get it again."
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Thu May 25, 2017 10:33 pm

Raleigh wrote:Well I did say mundane so, yeah. So what have you been up to lately? You too, for that matter, Whatevr?
*The Raleigh below takes a step forward and appears near Callista to see what she is doing now.* Hm.. I meant to step out of her shadow. I think I'm more disoriented than I expected to be.

The usual. Playing games with the rest of the committee, keeping tabs on Callista... *grumbles* ...getting humiliated by everyone and their dog wanting me to officiate fights...

---

*Callista is standing on the detached head of a Yellow department store employee, eagerly grabbing assorted clothes and shoving them haphazardly into a shopping cart.*

Employee: Speak for yourself!
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Thu May 25, 2017 11:11 pm

*The floating copy chuckles.* Well avoiding unpleasantness with the higher powers is pretty much all anyone can do most of the time. Now, Risk, why would overseeing fights cause you personal humiliation?
*Looking at the head.* I usually do.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Thu May 25, 2017 11:41 pm

I'll show you. Give me a moment.

*Risk spawns another die and gives it a toss. In mid-air, it expands and re-shapes itself into a three-dimensional viewer. The scene within depicts a conversation between Circe and Callista's fox friend Aldonza.*

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Aldonza: ...stand to be a few degrees warmer, but I know better than to complain. *smiles* Glad you could make it.

Circe: As am I. So, is there anything we need to discuss before we get started?

Aldonza: *stands up* I think we'd better discuss that part with an expert. Stand back a moment. *clears her throat and speaks up* Personal Battle. Aldonza Karate Vs. Circe. Fortnight Park, Spamville. Passcode: Man of La Mancha.

*A flock of Clue boards flies past, summoning... a shielded shower stall with steam billowing out the top; faint humming and running water can be heard from within. The water stops, and Risk pokes her head out past the shield.*

Risk: Why in blazes is it so co---

*Risk's eyes dilate when she realizes what has happened. Aldonza has just enough time to bark out a single "HA!" before a gigantic Scrabble tile slams into her, taking half of the bench with it.*

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Risk: *pauses the viewer* Things... kinda like that.

------------------------

*Looking at the head.* I usually do.

*rolls her eyes* Oh, never mind!
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Fri May 26, 2017 6:35 am

Copy: Ah, sorry for you having to deal with that, Risk. If you want I could oversee a few fights in your place.
*Smirking at the head.* I usually don't.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Fri May 26, 2017 9:37 am

*shuts down the viewer and puts it away* The thought's appreciated, though I don't know how often Callista's group is going to be having official fights in the near future. And in all fairness to them, it's not like they were trying to summon me specifically; anyone else on the Committee could've done the job, too.

---

*The store employee grimaces and growls, but doesn't have quite enough imagination to think of a worthy retort. Callista, meanwhile, obliviously jumps off her face and makes her way further into the store.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse