a Wishing coin

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: a Wishing coin

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:28 pm

Ah, I thought you two seemed familiar! So, I guess that's actually Amber up there on the roof?

Ellen: ... *sighs, then speaks with much hesitance* Mom felt like pranking Muffinville today. She brought us in on the scheme.

Elk: And lo, the fish-mouse has arrived!

"You know, I have so many different comments it's hard to decide what to say--whoops--first," says Tara, leaning over and putting her elbow on the table with the potions, which inadvertently(ha) causes it to flip over and fling the remaining potions out toward the streets below.

*A handful of paper sheets lock together over Ellen and Elk's heads, seemingly guided by an invisible hand. Their density increases to the point where the potions crash harmlessly against them.

...Or they would, if Elk didn't reach out and snatch one of the potions out of the air. With zero hesitation, he gulps it down like a can of Pepsi.*

She straightens up again. "Let's start with--if you actually wanted your kids changed back their true names would've told me their original forms, and that'd be sorted. And then: Do you have new size-changing powers, or is that one of the several things you could already do? And third: Sarrio...I'm trying to work that as some sort of anagram clue but failing."

*When Sarrio speaks, the resonance in her voice is dialed down a few notches.*

Sarrio: *toothed smile* I'll answer your questions in order.

#1: I've been through---and eaten---a lot of stuff over the past two decades, and learned some fairly adaptable magic on top of that. As part of a multi-step prank on Muffinville, I placed two event flags on ourselves. The first one would automatically trigger the next time we were transformed, overwriting our original names entirely---I'd only been "Sarrio" for about an hour. The second one would restore our original names to us the next time we were transformed, whether in whole or in part. I didn't want anyone seeing through to our "cores", so to speak, and unraveling the whole prank right there. Hence the subterfuge.

#2: Size-changing and transformation is part of my primary power-set. I could do it before I ever got here, though Muffinville made it much easier for me.

#3: *smile widens* If you want my name as a humanoid, it's Amber Harrison.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:46 pm

"Oh, yeah, I should've gotten that one."

It doesn't seem like most of the potions were heading for those two in particular in the first place, but at any rate Elk catches one. If he tastes it at all on the way down it tastes exactly like pepsi. Elk finds himself growing and bulking up, his clothing shifting toward the palette of a pepsi logo and merging and growing to cover increasingly more skin, even up towards the face.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:28 am

AmbushCat wrote:Ellen: ... *sighs, then speaks with much hesitance* Mom felt like pranking Muffinville today. She brought us in on the scheme.

Elk: And lo, the fish-mouse has arrived!

*Ookami nods.* Uh-huh... Not sure I completely get it, but I can go with it.

AmbushCat wrote:*A handful of paper sheets lock together over Ellen and Elk's heads, seemingly guided by an invisible hand. Their density increases to the point where the potions crash harmlessly against them.

...Or they would, if Elk didn't reach out and snatch one of the potions out of the air. With zero hesitation, he gulps it down like a can of Pepsi.*

*Ookami holds her arms over her head to protect it from the falling objects, when she sees what Elk is doing.* Ah, hang on! I don't think you should be-

Whatevr89532 wrote:It doesn't seem like most of the potions were heading for those two in particular in the first place, but at any rate Elk catches one. If he tastes it at all on the way down it tastes exactly like pepsi. Elk finds himself growing and bulking up, his clothing shifting toward the palette of a pepsi logo and merging and growing to cover increasingly more skin, even up towards the face.

-drinking that. Oh boy...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:41 pm

Whatevr89532 wrote:"Oh, yeah, I should've gotten that one."

It doesn't seem like most of the potions were heading for those two in particular in the first place, but at any rate Elk catches one. If he tastes it at all on the way down it tastes exactly like pepsi. Elk finds himself growing and bulking up, his clothing shifting toward the palette of a pepsi logo and merging and growing to cover increasingly more skin, even up towards the face.

Sarrio: *deadpan* Gonna borrow a page from Circe's book here. *facepalms* Oh, for the love of...

*Ookami holds her arms over her head to protect it from the falling objects, when she sees what Elk is doing.* Ah, hang on! I don't think you should be-

-drinking that. Oh boy...

Elk: *seeming vastly entertained by the changes he's going through* Are you ready?! 'Cause I'm gonna put on a show!

Ellen: ...I'm not putting up with this without a meat shield. *hides behind Ookami*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:24 am

It takes Elk very little time to fully take on the form of Pepsiman, complete with various Pepsi-related powers. The Pepsiman theme song plays in the background...from where, I don't know.

"Well, if you ever hoped your son would grow up to be a superhero, now he's done both," says Tara.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:55 pm

Sarrio: *sighs* So, as a matter of personal opinion, what do you think Muffinville would want on its tombstone? Aside from pepperoni and cheese, I mean?

----

Elk: YEAH! Sing it, chorus! *reaches behind Ookami and slams a bottle of Pepsi into Ellen's hand* For the sweet little sister who has become 16 ounces sweeter!

Ellen: ..."Little"? We were born at the same time, you--- *watches as Elk grabs a skateboard and rolls away* ---idiot. *sinks down to the ground, facepalming* ...The collateral damage from this is going to be positively atrocious.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:56 pm

AmbushCat wrote:Elk: YEAH! Sing it, chorus! *reaches behind Ookami and slams a bottle of Pepsi into Ellen's hand* For the sweet little sister who has become 16 ounces sweeter!

Ellen: ..."Little"? We were born at the same time, you--- *watches as Elk grabs a skateboard and rolls away* ---idiot. *sinks down to the ground, facepalming* ...The collateral damage from this is going to be positively atrocious.

*Ookami kneels down and pats Ellen on the shoulder.* Don't worry. I'm sure we can get him under control somehow...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:14 pm

Ellen: *reaches up, placing her own hand on Ookami's* ...I'd like to think so, too, but my parents didn't raise me to be a gambler.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat May 20, 2017 3:09 pm

"I think a collection of color fruit seeds would be good. Or a machine that sprays them and then whatever they need to grow in an alternating fashion."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sat May 20, 2017 3:43 pm

Sarrio: I'd offer one of my own, but I'm fresh out.

*A loud crashing noise can be heard in the distance, accompanied by a small cloud of dust and debris. Sarrio sighs tiredly.*

Sarrio: I'm going to chase him down before he tears a swathe through Muffinville. *offers her hand for a handshake* Nice meeting you, I guess.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Sat May 20, 2017 7:50 pm

AmbushCat wrote:Ellen: *reaches up, placing her own hand on Ookami's* ...I'd like to think so, too, but my parents didn't raise me to be a gambler.

Heh, I'm sure they didn't... For now, why don't we just try to follow him? We might be able to manage something if we can catch up.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sat May 20, 2017 8:03 pm

Heh, I'm sure they didn't... For now, why don't we just try to follow him? We might be able to manage something if we can catch up.

Ellen: *gestures at her surroundings* ...You're okay with being taken away from this?
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun May 21, 2017 9:06 am

Tara shakes the hand. "Same, same."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Sun May 21, 2017 6:16 pm

AmbushCat wrote:Ellen: *gestures at her surroundings* ...You're okay with being taken away from this?

Oh, right. I almost forgot the school... *Ookami looks back at everything.* I should probably make sure everything's fine here first, huh?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sun May 21, 2017 6:39 pm

Oh, right. I almost forgot the school... *Ookami looks back at everything.* I should probably make sure everything's fine here first, huh?

Ellen: ...Go ahead. I need a minute to craft a means of transport, anyway.

Whatevr89532 wrote:Tara shakes the hand. "Same, same."

*Sarrio nods, ends the handshake first, and turns towards the horizon---looking for evidence of her son's whereabouts. A startled flock of pigeon-girls (along with a few actual pigeons) take flight in the distance. Seeing that as her cue to leave, Sarrio drops to the street, hovering a foot or so over the ground. A torrent of water washes over her and coalesces beneath her, and she jets off down the street on trails of aqua.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse