A Dream House?

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

A Dream House?

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:16 pm

Lately, there's been a rumor of a vaguely wolfish or dog-looking girl somehow managing to steal individual bricks from buildings and then promptly disappear. The trouble with Muffinville is that bizarre rumors are often true, as anyone who happens to be near a certain street at this moment is likely to find out.

Fading in as if she were a blurry picture becoming clearer, a girl looking like so, but wearing much more normal clothes--some jeans, a t-shirt, still some golden jewelry though--the person in question appears before a tall, concrete office building. Crossing her arms, she examines the building, seemingly looking for something specific. After a moment she strides forward and begins pulling on one of the giant concrete bricks at a corner and about her hands' height, and surprisingly...the brick starts to give! She pulls it out and holds it one-handed as if it were made of styrofoam, and begins to walk away.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Re: A Dream House?

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:35 pm

*At that precise moment, Ambush Cat's head swings directly in front of her face, cheesy fanged grin and all. His simultaneous greeting is delivered in his best Dick Vitale voice.*

WHAT A BRICK!
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:39 pm

Unsurprisingly, the girl is startled by this. "Yipe!" She throws her arms up in surprise, which also tosses the block of concrete she was holding a few yards up in the air. She grabs after it on the way down and after some fumbling manages to get it back in a stable position again. "Hey, wh-what the heck?!" She glares at the cat, her fur and hair still mostly standing on edge. "Like, do you want me to drop this or something?! If you weren't a cat, I'd.."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:27 pm

*Ambush's grin widens, which probably shouldn't have been possible given the shape of his face, and he somersaults out of the air onto the ground.*

Actually, that was the general idea. Got a couple questions: One, why the brick-centric kleptomania? Second, do you have a name, or should I just call you Anubis?

*A scrolling marquee on his side reads: "Shop at the sign of the jackal-headed man - Anubis Markets!"
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:32 pm

"What, you scare me half to death and then you wanna know my name?" The girl huffs angrily. "Well, it's Anna Naifeh, but everyone just calls me Anne. And, well, it's not like anyone was really using this or anything!" She indicates the building the brick is from with her free hand, her point seeming to be that it's still standing.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:24 pm

*raises an eyebrow* Wrongness of your logic aside, Annie, that still doesn't answer my first question. Why are you stealing random bricks? You starting a collection or something?
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:12 pm

"Uuugh." Anne seems annoyed at the prospect of explaining it, but decides to do so anyway. "So, like, my parents kicked me out and said I needed to go make myself a house? But houses made from the materials over there suck, like, they always turn into bananas or face-moons or grow legs and walk away? The only way for something to keep a stable concept is if it's absorbed, like, enough of the concept's essence to overpower imagination? And you can't keep anything stable enough to do that over there?" Even though most of what she's saying is clearly intended as statements, she ends every single sentence with an inflection that implies a question mark.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:12 pm

"Huh...something about this building doesn't seem right..." Nate remarked as he noticed there was a hole in a building where there should have been a concrete brick. "Weird."
Kitty Kennel (aka my roster of characters)
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:39 pm

Whatevr89532 wrote:"Uuugh." Anne seems annoyed at the prospect of explaining it, but decides to do so anyway. "So, like, my parents kicked me out and said I needed to go make myself a house? But houses made from the materials over there suck, like, they always turn into bananas or face-moons or grow legs and walk away? The only way for something to keep a stable concept is if it's absorbed, like, enough of the concept's essence to overpower imagination? And you can't keep anything stable enough to do that over there?" Even though most of what she's saying is clearly intended as statements, she ends every single sentence with an inflection that implies a question mark.

*Somewhere behind Ambush, an apartment complex pulls itself free of its foundation and strolls off down the street away from them. The fuzzball takes no notice of this.*

Sounds like the sort of place I'd turn this place into after enough catnip. *shakes his head* Pretty sure there's rules against you doing what you're doing here, though. ...I think. I dunno.

Abillioncats wrote:"Huh...something about this building doesn't seem right..." Nate remarked as he noticed there was a hole in a building where there should have been a concrete brick. "Weird."

*sweatdrops* Try turning your head about 90 degrees to the left, kid.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat May 07, 2016 7:50 pm

"No way, I totally checked!" says Anne. "Well, I looked it up on the internet anyway. There's a law against stealing bricks from a building and a law against vandalism, but I'm only stealing one brick from each building and I'm picking the one the building doesn't even need anyway, so like, it's not hurt, so it's not vandalism either."

Anne says this really loudly. She just kind of has a loud voice in general. Nate can probably hear her.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Sun May 08, 2016 10:27 am

Nate slowly turned his head, looking at Anne with a blank expression.

"I don't think the authorities will agree with you like...at all." Nate said as he pulled his phone out of his pocket to call said authorities. "But don't worry I'll ask them to make sure~"
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Mon May 09, 2016 12:50 pm

Whatevr89532 wrote:"No way, I totally checked!" says Anne. "Well, I looked it up on the internet anyway. There's a law against stealing bricks from a building and a law against vandalism, but I'm only stealing one brick from each building and I'm picking the one the building doesn't even need anyway, so like, it's not hurt, so it's not vandalism either."

...I'm not even going to begin to tell you just how much fail there is in that logic, Anne, so I'm just going to be an awesome hat and be done with it.

*Ambush springs to the top of Anne's head.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed May 11, 2016 4:54 pm

Anne waves her free paw at Nate. "Nonono, don't--ow." She pauses for a second, eyes turning upward at any part of the cat she can see before rolling in a very clear nonverbal 'whatever', and then turning back to Nate. "Don't do that! Wait, I'll show you how cool it is and then you'll have to agree it's worth it!" She mutters something remarkably mystical-sounding for her usual tone of voice, and (unless of course Ambush does something to avoid being carried along) the world around the three of them waves out of view like a pond that's just had a big rock thrown through it.

What waves back into view is a vast flat expanse of sand. The sky above is pitch black, but strangely the lighting on the sand and the people and cat is more than enough to see by.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Wed May 11, 2016 7:15 pm

Nate dropped his phone at the sudden change in his surroundings. "B-Bwahhaatt!? I'm in a desert!?" Once he got over his moment of shock he sharply turned to look at Anne. "It better be really, really cool or I'll tell them you kidnapped me too!" He picked up his phone from the ground, to his dismay he didn't seem to have any service wherever they were. I won't mention that though. He thought has he pocketed the phone.
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Wed May 11, 2016 7:18 pm

*Strangely, the view around them is rather static-y for a few moments. The sound of someone doing play-by-play commentary for a basketball game can be faintly heard.*

Hold up a sec, you two... I think my tail's picking up radio signals.

*Ambush reaches back and swats his tail tip a few times. On the third time, a piece of aluminum foil flies out his left ear and disintegrates a meter away. The static disappears, and the commentary follows suit a moment later.*

There, that's better.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Next

Return to the Muffinverse