A Dream House?

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: A Dream House?

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu May 26, 2016 10:52 pm

Just when the robot has gotten impatient enough to come inside and complain about disorder, the anubis-girl appears from one of the nearby doorways. "Like, how in Ra's name does someone come to the dream world and not expect disorder?" she says, sounding annoyed. "What do you want, anyway?"

"Uh..." Raly appears to take Amber's request seriously, floating up next to her and grabbing her forearm with one hand. "Consent to transport?" she asks. Evidently whatever spell she intends to use requires the permission of the other participant.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kether » Thu May 26, 2016 11:08 pm

Whatevr89532 wrote:Just when the robot has gotten impatient enough to come inside and complain about disorder, the anubis-girl appears from one of the nearby doorways. "Like, how in Ra's name does someone come to the dream world and not expect disorder?" she says, sounding annoyed. "What do you want, anyway?"

"I am here following a brick theft and illegal interdimensional smuggling ring. And there are things called Lucid dreamers"
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Abillioncats » Fri May 27, 2016 12:12 am

"Okaaaay~" Nate said, clearly not with it anymore as she pawed at the catnip inside the bucket.
Kitty Kennel (aka my roster of characters)
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri May 27, 2016 9:16 pm

"Uh..." Raly appears to take Amber's request seriously, floating up next to her and grabbing her forearm with one hand. "Consent to transport?" she asks. Evidently whatever spell she intends to use requires the permission of the other participant.

Abillioncats wrote:"Okaaaay~" Nate said, clearly not with it anymore as she pawed at the catnip inside the bucket.

*Amber is visibly restraining herself from charging at the catnip bucket, looking between it and Raly with increased nervousness.*
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat May 28, 2016 12:53 pm

"You and I must, like, have very different ideas of what happens in a lucid dream. And I'm the one who lives in the dream world. Hey, if you catch this ring maybe you can get some of my bricks back too, huh?" Anne points to the outer wall of the antechamber, which actually does have a few visible big rectangular holes in it. She then crosses her arms, glaring. "I hope you don't think I'm involved with them. I mean like, why in Osiris' name would my house be missing pieces if I had a team of brick thieves to order around?"

"Er.." Raly decides to try something else, and mutters a spell. Her characteristic red light appears in front of Amber's eyes for a moment, blocking all vision, but soon fades; afterward (if the spell worked correctly) Amber will see an empty section of room instead of Nate and the catnip. If she can smell it at this distance, though, this might not do much good.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sat May 28, 2016 2:33 pm

*Thankfully, Amber's senses in human form aren't as keen as those of her base form. Her breathing gets steadier, and she looks increasingly less nervous.*

Thank you. I... that could've gone wrong so many ways, and I'm happy they didn't.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Kether » Sat May 28, 2016 6:23 pm

Whatevr89532 wrote:"You and I must, like, have very different ideas of what happens in a lucid dream. And I'm the one who lives in the dream world. Hey, if you catch this ring maybe you can get some of my bricks back too, huh?" Anne points to the outer wall of the antechamber, which actually does have a few visible big rectangular holes in it. She then crosses her arms, glaring. "I hope you don't think I'm involved with them. I mean like, why in Osiris' name would my house be missing pieces if I had a team of brick thieves to order around?".

He moves around examining the structure, bringing his finger across a brick, "Then you of course would have no problem explaining why there is mundane dust in here.."
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Abillioncats » Sat May 28, 2016 9:14 pm

Nate looked around frantically, one moment Amber and Raly had been right there, the next they'd poofed! "Gee...this catnip is really making me see stuff." She giggled. She took another good whiff of the catnip before she got up and wandered out of the room to look for everyone else. "Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuys where'd you go?"
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun May 29, 2016 9:24 pm

"Oh, so like, now you're complaining about dust?" Anne is even more visibly angry than before. She even has a slight reddish glow around her. "You sound more like a maid than a cop. You do know this is the dream world, not the 'everything-has-magic-in-it world', right?" The suggestion about being a maid seems to summon a white headdress onto the top of the robot's head-shaped area. Depending on how sensitive its tactile sensors are it might not even notice the light bit of cloth.

Considering Raly's spell was only supposed to make the area with catnip appear absent of people/objects to Amber, there's probably some dreamworld nonsense going on to cause Nate's troubles. She finds herself wandering into a giant room with an indoor pool in it, with tiled floors, pool chairs, and greenhouse-like roofs letting ample sunlight in. There wasn't a sun outside earlier, though.
At the same time, the witch girl says, "Yes, uh, we should probably go to another room..." and makes an effort to physically lead Amber out of the nearest door. She's physically a weakling though, so this requires cooperation to work.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kether » Sun May 29, 2016 10:21 pm

Whatevr89532 wrote:"Oh, so like, now you're complaining about dust?" Anne is even more visibly angry than before. She even has a slight reddish glow around her. "You sound more like a maid than a cop. You do know this is the dream world, not the 'everything-has-magic-in-it world', right?" The suggestion about being a maid seems to summon a white headdress onto the top of the robot's head-shaped area. Depending on how sensitive its tactile sensors are it might not even notice the light bit of cloth.

He ignores it or doesn't seem to react either way "Lots of places have people with plenty of magic, Ma'am, I'm not complain I'm noticing the dust and other aspects of alien dirt"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Mon May 30, 2016 11:42 am

At the same time, the witch girl says, "Yes, uh, we should probably go to another room..." and makes an effort to physically lead Amber out of the nearest door. She's physically a weakling though, so this requires cooperation to work.

*Amber stumbles along, making no attempt to resist. Should be an indication to the readers of just how badly she wants away from the stuff.*

Won't hear any complaints from me.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Abillioncats » Mon May 30, 2016 3:05 pm

Nate looks around the pool, her mind still addled from the catnip. She decides to sit down at poke at the water with her fingers, quickly deciding she'd prefer to just look at it and not get in.
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue May 31, 2016 11:32 pm

After the first few pokes, an androgynous voice from somewhere near the center of the water says "Hey, cut it out willya!" A section of the water raises itself up into a vaguely humanoid shape in front of her. "Is this any way to treat a respected elemental?" Nate might be hallucinating due to the catnip, but, well, there isn't much difference between a hallucination and a real thing in the dream world.

Once they're out in another identical hallway, Raly shuts the door behind them and looks around a bit. "Mmh..this should be safe," she says after a moment. "Whew..that was a little, exhausting..." She looks like she might faint in a moment.

The Anubis-girl cocks her head sideways a bit, looking slightly less angry and more confused. "We get aliens all the time, and like, of all the things they bring with them I have no idea how you notice the dirt." It's possible she misunderstood the use of the word 'alien'. "I guess if you can see it so easily then like, maybe you should clean it up." The robot will find it has some internal programming and internally-stored tools designed for various kinds of cleaning if it didn't before. One of those (new?) subroutines may even boot itself up on being asked to clean up dirt.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:16 am

"Oh...sorry." Nate apologize, deciding to simply lie on her side and look at the water elemental. "I've never met an elemental before."
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Kether » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:53 pm

Whatevr89532 wrote:
The Anubis-girl cocks her head sideways a bit, looking slightly less angry and more confused. "We get aliens all the time, and like, of all the things they bring with them I have no idea how you notice the dirt." It's possible she misunderstood the use of the word 'alien'. "I guess if you can see it so easily then like, maybe you should clean it up." The robot will find it has some internal programming and internally-stored tools designed for various kinds of cleaning if it didn't before. One of those (new?) subroutines may even boot itself up on being asked to clean up dirt.

"Its much easier to clean up more obvious things, ma'am..."without thinking he pulls out a quick brush to gather up the evidence.. yes evidence not cleaning nope...4
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse