Honest Smee's Body Shop and Augment Emporium

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Honest Smee's Body Shop and Augment Emporium

Postby Feng » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:24 pm

Abillioncats wrote:"Oh wow." Nate looked the cat ears over, clearly interested in them as he watched them twitch on the mannequin. "How much do these cost? Am I allowed to try it on first?"

"These devices normally cost 1,200 HL per set, however thanks to this week's sale we can slash the total cost to 600 HL instead," says Midori. "Unfortunately, the ears will not function fully without the proper installation, although I suppose they would look cute on your head, irregardless."

She pulls out a pamphlet from her apron pocket, handing it to Albion. "That will give you some more information about this line's products. Of course.... Hmmm on second thought I don't know. You do seem like the curious type...."
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:30 pm

"Hmmm..." They were on sale too, 600 HL was a lot, but there was no way he'd ever be able to afford 1200! Nate decided that if he ever wanted these he'd have to get them now while he could. He took a good look at the pamphlet.

"I'm 90% sure I want them...what kind of payment plans do you have?" He could pay for it all at once but, that would definitely hurt his budget.
Kitty Kennel (aka my roster of characters)
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Feng » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:39 pm

--The pamphlet depicts a cat girl happily sunning herself on a beach chair, presumably somewhere tropical--

Pamphlet: Are you looking to get in touch with your inner kitty? Thanks to Neko-Technology you can! Our groundbreaking developments in bio-engineering and cybernetics can set you up with the augments you desire!

--What follows is a bunch of techno-babble and incomprehensible legalese about warranty laws--

"For the ears we can give an installment plan of 60 HL a month, following a one-time 240 HL installation cost. Of course...."

She looks around in a conspiring manner, then leans in to whisper.

"We might be willing to give you the ears as gratis, providing you agree to test out a new product for us."
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:52 pm

Dact nods. "Mhmm... you have a rather nice aesthetic around here as well."
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Abillioncats » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:52 pm

Gratis? Like for free!? This was starting to sound better and better. "A new product huh? Yeah, I think I might be willing to do that, what is it?"
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Feng » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:04 pm

Abillioncats wrote:Gratis? Like for free!? This was starting to sound better and better. "A new product huh? Yeah, I think I might be willing to do that, what is it?"

"It's called Cat's Paw, an enhanced form of the prosthetic ears, that also employs some other nifty bells and whistles," she whispers. "I think night-vision was one of the newer features, as well as improved balance sense of smell?"

She looks around.

"The thing is, it employs an experimental nanobyte technology that installs the hardware via unorthodox means. You could say.... It directly enhances you at the cellular level? Developers are really itching to find human test subjects, although our company has been assured that the possibility of health defects and life threatening conditions is negligibly small. There is a small risk of a glitch involving ear coloration.... but otherwise, nothing of note has been reported in lab simulations."

She smiles again.

"So.... You interested?"

Knight Errant wrote:Dact nods. "Mhmm... you have a rather nice aesthetic around here as well."

"We certainly try our best, Tall One" squeaks Smee as he motions for Dact to follow him to the doors in the back. "If you follow me, I can show you where the real magic happens."
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:06 pm

Dact nods and follows! This should be interesting.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Abillioncats » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:18 pm

"Heck yeah I'm interested! I'll do it." The potential health defects had barely registered in his mind, quite frankly it was all worth the risks if it meant he was going to get free abilities. And he'd look like a cat! Purrfect!
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Feng » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:23 pm

Abillioncats wrote:"Heck yeah I'm interested! I'll do it." The potential health defects had barely registered in his mind, quite frankly it was all worth the risks if it meant he was going to get free abilities. And he'd look like a cat! Purrfect!

Knight Errant wrote:Dact nods and follows! This should be interesting.

"Excellent! If you'll just follow me to the back we can get the paperwork signed and then get started on the installation process. I'm told it will only take about fifteen minutes for it to fully upload?"

She turns to head towards a set of large double doors at the back of the show room, waving to Smee as he passes by with Dact.

"Setting someone up with a new augment, Midori?" he pipes up.

"I found someone willing to try out the Cat's Paw. I told him we would waive the fee, is that OK?"

"Certainly, certainly!"

He turns to Dact. "Would you like to observe, Tall One? This will be a fine demonstration of our clinic's capabilities, I think!"
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:25 pm

Dact nods. "Sure thing! Sounds like a good opportunity."
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Abillioncats » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:31 pm

Nate follows Midori, feeling his heartbeat in anticipation to what is to come. His lifelong dream of having cat ears was coming true.
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Feng » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:41 pm

Abillioncats wrote:Nate follows Midori, feeling his heartbeat in anticipation to what is to come. His lifelong dream of having cat ears was coming true.

Knight Errant wrote:Dact nods. "Sure thing! Sounds like a good opportunity."

Midori leads the way to a vast hallway containing several doors.

"This is our clinic where we assist our clients in installing our new augments" explains Smee. "Once we've sorted this gentleman out, we can proceed to our PT gym further on."

Midori gently leads Nate by the hand through an open door, into what looks like a run-of-the-mill clinic. There is a checkup table and cabinets with what is presumably medical equipment.

"Right, before we can begin installation we just need you to sign some paperwork. Once we've got that formality sorted out we can begin the installation process." She hands Nate a clipboard with some legal documents.

"You'll find the process should be quite painless and expedient" chirps Smee, with a nod. "We take pride in our efficiency, dear boy."
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:54 pm

Nate took the clipboard, looking over the first page as he took a pen and placed it where they needed his signatures. He only briefly scanned the documents, they seemed to be your run of the mill forms you'd have to sign at any hospital before a procedure. Stuff for the courts and lawyers if something went horribly wrong. He signed whatever he needed too without hesitation, filling out his information and whatever else it asked of him.

When he was done he handed the clipboard back to Midori. He couldn't help but let out a sigh of anticipation for what was coming next. He didn't know exactly how he'd turn out once it was all said and done, but that just made it all the more exciting. "I'm ready."
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Feng » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:56 pm

"Superb!" coos Midori. "Kindly lie flat on the table, if you please."

She pats the checkup table.
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:01 pm

Dact watches this as it happens! Wondering how this will turn out.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse