P. F. L. Office

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: P. F. L. Office

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:27 pm

The man at the desk looks like he's thinking for a moment. "Hmm..yeah." He leans over and pulls out a couple of calendar pages for the current and next month with a bunch of things written on them, putting them facing him on the desk for the moment. "What tier'd it sound like they wanted you in? We have to wait around for official paperwork but usually that only takes a day or so, so I c'n expedite things a little by putting in a request now if we're confident enough it won't get rejected."

---

Guy finds a man sitting on a folding chair next to the ring; he resembles a humanoid Mightyena, having the ears and tail of one as well as similar-looking markings on his face. "Oi, hey," he says in a very deep gravelly voice while standing up. "Name's Clyve, miss," he adds, coming over and offering his right hand for a fraction of a second before noticing the tool on her arm and going for the left-handed shake instead.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:24 pm

That's a, uh... very good question. Taking the comments and actions of all three, going over them in my head... *thinks for a few moments* ...it sounded like they wanted me rather high up, D especially, while at the same time I got the impression that I wasn't ready for uber-tier. They didn't outright say it, but... that's what Dave implied to me.

*Callista visibly resists the urge to hum.*
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:44 pm

"Hmm. Well, if the average opinion's that you're borderline and you want in, you c'n probably request a 'try-out' type match. Have a real fight against someone you haven't met from the high tier, there's some drama to the stakes of that sort of thing. Or if you want I can just look into OU matches for ya." He pauses for a quick glance at the schedule, and makes a bit of a face. "Ick, the nearest slot for a try-out fight is an Ark survival. If you actually want into uber tier, you prolly don't want that."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:30 pm

*Callista considers inquiring, then decides she's better off not knowing just yet.*

I don't think I'm confident enough to handle a straight Uber match for now. I think I'm better off with the "try-out" match you suggested.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby muffinstud » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:12 pm

She extends her left hand and gives him a firm shake. "Hey there. Name's.... uh..." She blinks, realizing that her name isn't exactly conducive to her current getup. But what could she give him? What fits? "Uh... Sandy. My name is Sandy." She blushes, hoping that it's not too derivative.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:47 pm

The man at the desk tilts his head slightly. "I think I'm too used to people who know everything. OU is the abbreviation for the next tier under Uber. It's fine if you want to try out for the highest tier now, or if you're uncomfortable with that idea you could start out on regular fights in the next tier down, is what I was saying. Technically the recommendations set a ceiling, not a floor, anyhow."

--

"Good to meet ya," Clyve says, apparently completely missing the pause. "You're here for some try-out fights, right? You wantin' to warm up first?"

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:14 pm

Having three fights in quick succession must've done a number on my thought processes... *clears her throat* I'll go with that latter option, then.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby muffinstud » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:19 pm

"If that's okay. I'm not exactly used to this whole fighting thing." Well, she has fought before, but not like this. "What do you recommend for a warmup?"
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:25 pm

The Stantler-man nods, taking a closer look at the schedules before turning the current-month calendar around to where Callista can see it. "There's a bunch of general match slots in the afternoon all next week, looks like. If you mark the times you'll be free, give me a number to contact, someone can get in touch with you when someone else in the OU tier marks one of the same times as you."

---

"Roight," Clyve goes to a panel on one of the sides of the platform, and pushes a button which makes a vaguely-humanoid sack pop up from somewhere under the ring, to somewhere near the middle. "Well, if you don't know what moves you have I hear it's good to just think about hurtin' the dummy and see what comes naturally. I can identify anything I know about for ya if you wanna know what you just did after. Once y'know what your moves are it's not too hard to decide to use this move or that one specifically."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:05 pm

*Callista takes a few moments to look over the calendar, then nods and indicates a handful of possible times before handing the Stantler-man a business card with a claw mark-esque design. While the number is pixelated for the sake of the viewers, in reality it's a bit lengthy.*

Okay... I can be reached at that number anywhere, and I do mean anywhere. Generally I'm available for matches anytime from 12 noon until 7pm on Monday through Thursday, and on Fridays from noon until 5pm. I can't be talked to on weekends, but you or whoever's responsible can just leave me a voice mail and I can get back to y'all on Monday morning.

You need anything else, or will that work?
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby muffinstud » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:15 pm

Sandy nods to herself and heads up to the ring, crawling up to the mat on her belly and blushing to herself at the strange sensation as she smooshes her chest against it. In the ring, she looks at the dummy and frowns a little... not exactly sure how to start off. She looks to her weapon on her right hand, but something tells her she has to do something else first. She runs up to the dummy, and as she does she pulls a tab on her backpack. A whir of a little motor sounds off as jets of grit and sand start swirling out of her back, covering her in a shroud of dirt. She coughs, halting in her advance. "Gah, blech. I got it in my mouth!"

[Sandstorm]
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:09 pm

The man at the desk takes the card, and quickly gets out a pen and writes a few short notes on the back, probably the other information Callista is giving him. After that, he looks back up and nods. "This should be good. You can probably expect a call as soon as tomorrow afternoon or such."

------

The ring seems to have some kind of enchantment on it to keep the sandstorm from spreading beyond its ropes, but the dummy takes a few visible scratches from the whirling sand. Clyve crosses his arms, nodding. "Well, it's better'n getting hurt by it like most types would. You prolly have an ability that powers you up in it, too. You feel any faster or, uh, dodgier?"

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:18 pm

Sweetness. >^_^< Thanks, man. *starts to walk away, but pauses* ...Oh, one more thing: that game of Solitaire you were playing before that guy came in a minute ago? It's unwinnable.

*Callista turns and exits the building, looking as if she's pondering something.*

((OOC: I'm working on a side story of sorts in connection with events here. I'll post it up in the Creative Corner section when I'm finished with it.))
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby muffinstud » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:52 am

Sandy slips her goggles down over her eyes... and tries moving around a little. It's so odd as she darts around, how the grating, billowing sand just seems to caress her skin, not doing it any harm. "Faster. Definitely faster." She makes a quick dash at the dummy in the center, raising her claw as she does. The blades darken, shrouded with what seems to be a black nimbus before she brings it down in a diagonal motion.

[Night Slash]
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:25 pm

The man at the desk headtilts slightly and shrugs. He looks around for a moment after Callista leaves and then starts rearranging his desk for the third or fourth time today.

----

The dummy looks at first like it takes quite a hit from the slash, developing a big linear gash from where each blade hit it. But rather than spilling its stuffing it seems to start quickly repairing itself.
"I couldn't see that too well, sounded like a cuttin' attack?" says Clyve from outside the ring. "Don' worry about breaking the dummy, it has...magic stuff or somethin', I dunno."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse