P. F. L. Office

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: P. F. L. Office

Postby AmbushCat » Sat May 28, 2016 2:27 pm

((OOC: Well, as long as we're ignoring my post, I may as well go ahead and edit it so that she falls asleep without her taking further action after that. That should still be doable, shouldn't it?))

*blinks in surprise* I've had lucid dreams before, but this takes the cake and doesn't give it back to me. Yeah, an explanation would be cool.

Kaoru Matsubara's disembodied voice: Sugoi! There's a television set in here, and... what the cr@$?! Callista?!

*facepalms* Ignore her, Dave. I'll explain that bit later. Just tell me what's going on, please.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun May 29, 2016 9:38 pm

((Yeah, of course))

"Well, alright. So my family has kind of a long-standing unofficial tradition of marrying outside our egg group." Dave gestures upward slightly, and a section of a family tree appears above him. "Like, my mom's a Gengar, my grandma's a Spinda...so on." The tree shows Snorlaxes on the father side a few generations up, each one paired with some other pokemon, including the ones he mentions. "So I wound up weird. Instead of a normal ability, I can pull people into my dream when my Hypnosis puts 'em to sleep." As he continues to talk, the family tree is replaced by what seems to be intended as a helpful diagram showing what he's talking about. "Hits me or my opponent take here count in the real world, but I can do cool stuff here that I can't there. I can't use any non-normal moves in the waking world, but here I can use all kinds of flashy stuff! At first I thought I could also boost my stats, but actually I can only exchange them. I usually swap defense and speed because I love feeling like a daredevil."
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Mon May 30, 2016 12:01 pm

((OOC: Aaaand done.))

*takes a few moments to ponder that; face visibly pales through her fur* So, basically what you're saying is that you have enough room in here to swing a Delcatty around? This is gonna go wrong for me in so many ways.

Kaoru's voice: Question from the peanut gallery, Dave. Does the "do cool stuff here that I can't there" thing apply just to you? Meaning, is Callista bound by the same restrictions here as she is in the waking world?
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue May 31, 2016 10:52 pm

"Well, I dunno." Dave scratches his head. "There's no reason you should be bound by any more restrictions than I am. In theory you might be able to figure out how to swap around stats...and if there's any moves you understand in concept but never could, like, physically do, you might be able to use it. Funny thing, nobody else has even bothered to try."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:11 pm

...That one's going to take some thinking on my end, and I prefer to do that sort of thing on the fly. *stretches her arms a bit* Kaoru, keep your comments to yourself; and Dave, I'm ready when you are.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:10 pm

"Al-right then," says Dave. The diagram stuff disappears, and he opens up by sucking in a deep breath, and then exhaling a jet of fire in Callista's general direction.

((Flamethrower))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:46 pm

*Callista is quick to try and counter this by bellowing a storm of snowflakes and ice shards at the incoming Flamethrower. The timing of her attack suggests that it was something she intended to attempt whether Flamethrower was being used or not.*

((Dream World Exclusive: Blizzard))
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:17 am

The attacks collide, but a good many of the ice shards make it through to Dave anyway; he seems to take real damage from them. He drops the weapon (which falls straight through the ring floor and apparently out of existence) and draws himself up, and a sphere of swirling grayish energy appears about at his core; after a moment he makes a forward pushing motion and the ball goes careening in Callista's general direction.

((Focus Blast

To see if blizzard hit, I rolled 1-10, if below 8 hits -- got 7. Rolled 1-10, if 1 it freezes--rolled 2.))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:36 pm

*Having enough time to react without getting worried this time, Callista pivots and swats at the Focus Blast with her tail, which has taken on a shiny silver coloring. The force behind the Focus Blast is a bit too overwhelming, though, and the resulting explosion sends her tumbling head over heels. Upon stopping, she raises a hand from her prone position and points at the non-existent ceiling, audibly annoyed.*

Experimentation... failure!

((Dream World Exclusive: Iron Tail))
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:19 pm

"Well, I think I know why most people don't bother testing out new things here...since it kinda only works here," comments Dave's voice from off to one side of the arena. His body is busy doing a brief dance before dramatically pointing skyward, summoning a raincloud above the arena which then starts pouring down rain.

((Rain Dance))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:46 am

Whatevr89532 wrote:The man behind the desk nods as he looks over the forms and then scratches his head while looking over the assorted currency. After a moment he apparently decides it's enough entirely in his head without consulting the internet or a calculator or anything. After depositing that all somewhere behind the counter, he retrieves a small paper plate with something resembling a blueberry on it and places that before Guy. The small fruit glows continuously-shifting colors in a way that would be very disconcerting in any world without magic to explain it. "This's what they call a poke-berry*. If you eat it, you turn into a pokemorph but also gain the power to turn back," he explains. "Also, I have no idea how they taste. Everyone I ask gives me a different answer."

((*-"poke" pronounced as in "pokemon". I'm too lazy to look up the accent marked version of the word))

Guy raises an eyebrow at the shifting colors of the fruit. "Wouldn't be surprised if it tastes like chicken or something. But, I did sign a contract, and I would like a bit of an edge to make do around here." He shrugs, picks up the berry and pops it into his mouth.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby AmbushCat » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:57 pm

Whatevr89532 wrote:"Well, I think I know why most people don't bother testing out new things here...since it kinda only works here," comments Dave's voice from off to one side of the arena. His body is busy doing a brief dance before dramatically pointing skyward, summoning a raincloud above the arena which then starts pouring down rain.

((Rain Dance))

*Callista hisses in surprise and springs to her feet when the water drenches her. She looks mad as Michigan for several moments, then realizes what this means as far as the fight is concerned. Feeling a bit whimsical, she does a quick spin and strikes a pose, directing a massive bolt of her electricity from her fingertip into the cloud and down towards her opponent.*

((DWE: Thunder)
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:33 am

The berry tastes like sand, except that it completely lacks the texture, having instead just the texture that one would expect from any regular berry. It's a pretty bland flavor without the awful grit of sand, so he doesn't have any trouble actually eating it. Chewing it makes him feel more solid and sturdy somehow, like it'd be tough for someone to knock him down.

---

Just as the lightning is about to hit Dave, the entire world goes into a brief super-slow-mo to allow his voice from the sky enough time to say, "Yeah...I'm pretty sure this is what people mean when they say I don't think far enough ahead. Yep." After that, the thunder of course connects, and visibly electrocutes him. He looks a bit cartoonishly fried afterward, with some bits of electricity still arcing around. "Okay, well..I have basically one choice for this situation. Aah." The Snorlax-man opens his mouth wide...in fact, wider than seems like it should be physically possible. He starts sucking in, producing a vacuum noise a la Kirby, and the entire dream world, arena, and probably also (though possibly lastly) Callista, resulting in a painful and rude awakening.

After that, Dave is standing up and fully awake in the real-world arena, bits of electricity still arcing around his body occasionally. "Uh...I think that's probably enough, don't you?"

((He got paralyzed but didn't lose his turn.
Dream Eater))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:24 pm

Guy rolls the berry around his mouth a little as he chews, screwing his face up a bit at the flavor. "Blech. Definitely not chicken." He shivers his head and swallows the berry down... blinking a little as he feels himself getting a little more... solid.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:57 pm

Just as the lightning is about to hit Dave, the entire world goes into a brief super-slow-mo to allow his voice from the sky enough time to say, "Yeah...I'm pretty sure this is what people mean when they say I don't think far enough ahead. Yep." After that, the thunder of course connects, and visibly electrocutes him. He looks a bit cartoonishly fried afterward, with some bits of electricity still arcing around. "Okay, well..I have basically one choice for this situation. Aah." The Snorlax-man opens his mouth wide...in fact, wider than seems like it should be physically possible. He starts sucking in, producing a vacuum noise a la Kirby, and the entire dream world, arena, and probably also (though possibly lastly) Callista, resulting in a painful and rude awakening.

After that, Dave is standing up and fully awake in the real-world arena, bits of electricity still arcing around his body occasionally. "Uh...I think that's probably enough, don't you?"

((He got paralyzed but didn't lose his turn.
Dream Eater))

*stands up, staggers, but keeps her footing* Hold on a sec... *shakes some water out of her eyes and ears* Okay, yeah. I'm good. Sheesh, I feel like I'm carrying an extra 20 pounds... blasted rain!
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse