An Average Wizard Tower

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: An Average Wizard Tower

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:19 pm

Lyre seems generally pleased. "See? There is no problem you can't in some way fix by throwing money at it." Jyrras squeaks something snarky.

"Uhm..I'm not sure if I should stick around to watch, or go do something else..."
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:51 pm

*Claudette briefly glances at Ambush, then goes back to work as she responds to Lyre.* Well, do you have other business to be attending to? Or at least things you would rather do than watch me?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:51 pm

Jyrras squeaks something, and Lyre's eyes widen a bit. "Oh! I almost forgot, I have an appointment. Thank you!" He gestures vaguely and disappears in a visible puff of smoke, or dust, or..something anyway.

((You don't have to, but feel free to time-lapse to a bit later if/when you feel like it))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:59 pm

((OOC: Complete with a fuzzy, monochromatic card that reads "____ hours later". Scott Joplin's Magnetic Rag is optional. :lol: ))
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:41 pm

Of course, sir... *Claudette keeps working after Lyre leaves, eventually finishing with this room and moving on to the next floor.*

(I'm not sure how much would be appropriate to skip...)
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:26 pm

*A pseduo-french voice declares 'A few hours later'*

Lyre reappears a few feet away from the fifth (bedroom)-story window...a few feet away on the outside, that is. He appears to remain suspended in midair long enough to look around and work out where he is. "Oh, --" he starts, before he starts falling, a fall which slows after a second or two thanks to a float spell. Jyrras lands next to him, squeaking vehemently while jumping up onto his pant leg and running back to his usual perch on a shoulder. "I didn't mis-target anything, my magic futzed! No, that isn't an excuse, it's the truth. Didn't you see the fizzle? There's always the fizzle!" he says, walking up to a specific spot in the sheer stone wall of the tower and knocking four times on a specific unmarked stone. In response, a section of the wall moves away (and inside, one bookshelf folds in behind another in a way that appears physically impossible) so he can step inside. As soon as he's stepped clear, it all goes back, and Lyre looks around curiously.
Last edited by Whatevr89532 on Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:42 pm

*Inside, Lyre finds that Claudette's apparently been through here already. His books, once strewn about willy-nilly, are now neatly organized on the shelves, alphabetized according to author.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:16 pm

The wizard walks up to some of the shelves and stares at it for a moment, scratching his head. "I..guess I should've expected some reorganizing, but this is..quite a bit."
Do you not like having some clue where the book you're looking for is? says the rat.
"Well, I do, but the thing is that with the old system I could usually find a book without remembering the title or author."
Yeah right. You don't even know what the subject of half these books is.
"Eh..well, I suppose as long as she's still working for me I can just ask if I can't find something."
You think she'll know what you mean when you ask for the yellowish gray book with a wispy symbol on it?
"Oh, shush. Let's see if that cat's still here."

So they elevate up a floor to see about just that.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:32 pm

*Ambush Cat is indeed still there, and awake. He... or at the moment, she... is speaking aloud, as if over a phone. He doesn't seem to have noticed their arrival.*

...derstand your wishes, Mrs. Vi, but home-schooling Elk is out of the question. You're just going to have to distract him whenever you see him chasing the squirrel lady. ... ...Squirrel lady, science teacher, you know what I mean.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:50 pm

*Lyre finds that Claudette's been hard at work in this room, too. The snacks have all been put away, and the games all neatly stacked next to their respective systems. Claudette herself is sitting on one of the couches, watching the news, though she quickly gets up when she realizes her boss is home.* Ah, welcome home, sir! I've finished cleaning the house, as you asked. *She bows deeply.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:37 pm

"Oh, you don't have to stand up on my account," Lyre says, looking around. He notices the cat but decides against bothering it as it seems to be talking on...an invisible phone, he concludes.

"I've only been to two floors but it looks pretty great so far. I think it'd be a good idea to give you an advance payment, like today, since you might not already have any money?" Jyrras notices what's on the TV and squeaks something. "Oh..he wants to know if the six-way giant robot battle is back on or their lawyers are still squabbling."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:17 pm

Thank you, sir... *Claudette straightens out from her bow.* To answer your questions, you may pay me whenever you like, I do not believe I have any money on me at the moment, and the program I was watching was focusing on the robot battle. Will there be anything else?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:26 pm

*lowers his voice a little to accommodate the others* No, I don't mind if he has to spend an hour at school after class. You'd be doing us all a favor. ...My signature? Ah, blast it... I'm kinda occupied here, so I can't come. Have you tried calling Ricky? ...Yeah, he's closer. ...Excellent. Much appreciated, Mrs. Vi. *click*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ordren » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:23 pm

Ordren walks up to the cylindrical tower, sword resting across his shoulders. Taking a quick glance before beginning to tap the pommel against the stone. "open?"
Ordren
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:52 pm

Jyrras makes some frustrated noises and makes a fairly impressive leap from Lyre's shoulder to the arm of the couch the maidbot was on a moment ago to see for himself what's going on. The mage, meanwhile, looks vaguely up and to the left. "Err, I'll be right back, someone's knocking." He poofs away.

(Outside)
For a few seconds or so, nothing visibly happens. Then Ordren hears someone behind him who wasn't there before. "Hmm..you don't look like a politcian, but we did have an extradimensional dragon on the council a while back." The source is a pretty ordinary-looking guy in casual clothes, other than a very sorcerer's-apprentice-styled hat on his head. "Do you need something?"

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse