An Average Wizard Tower

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

An Average Wizard Tower

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:06 am

Somewhere out in the wilderness away from Muffinville is a wizard tower. It's nothing too special: Tall, cylindrical, built of stone bricks, big glowy gem floating above the turret at the top. It has no obvious door.

Friends of Lyre might know this as his residence, and if they are indeed his friends they know how to enter. Others will find themselves faced with a circle of apparently just pure stone, and have to deal with it if they want to know what's inside.

---

((Continued from here))

Within the tower's lowest floor is a library. There are curved bookshelves, flush with the circular wall, and a few reading tables and a nice chair or two around. Most of the books are on the shelves, but there are a few just strewn randomly on the chair, tables, and even some on the floor. And the books that are on the shelves have no apparent organization to them whatsoever: Not by title, author, subject or even book cover color.

There are no stairs, and the center of the room has a pentagram on it that glows faintly blue, and is large enough for three people to stand inside of at once. For the moment, two people and a rat have just appeared on that very pentagram: Lyre, Jyrras, and a recently...purchased?...maidbot by the name of Claudette.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Re: An Average Wizard Tower

Postby Ookalf » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:40 am

...Ah? *Claudette looks around curiously after they arrive.* Is this your home... Master?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:49 am

"Yep," Lyre nods, "I thought this would be a safer place than sticking around the store." His familiar squeaks a complaint of some sort. "Oh! Right, about the 'master' thing. I definitely want help with cleaning the place and organizing things, main reason I was curious about the store to begin with, buuut I'm definitely not comfortable with slavery. If you want to work for me I'd be happy to hire you with some kind of salary..and if you don't I wouldn't mind letting you out of here."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:06 am

*Claudette takes a moment to consider Lyre's offer. Her programming as a maid bot won't allow her to just leave, but...* ...I would be willing to accept the pay, sir.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:48 am

"Okay, that's great! I'll, um, do a little research and try to make you a fair offer as soon as I can. Meanwhile, I might as well give you a tour of the place."

He gestures around the room they're presently in. "This is the first floor, the library. It's, uh..well there's books here, mostly." Then, Lyre points at the pentagram. "This is basically like an elevator, except it doesn't take up as much space and you don't have to wait for someone else to get off to use it. All you have to do is stand on it and think of which floor you want to go to, and it takes everyone standing in the circle there. Go on and try using it to go to the second floor, so you can get a feel for it."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:53 am

I see... *Claudette goes ahead and tries to send send them all up to the second floor.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:48 pm

*Ambush Cat seems to have gotten into the 2nd floor at some point, sleeping off to the side. Why he's there to begin with, or why there's a bunch of scrap metal tied to his tail, is anyone's guess.*
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:18 pm

The floor glyph works as advertised, teleporting them in a similar manner to how they got to the tower in the first place. The second floor is evidently some kind of general lounge area, with couches lining much of the wall, TVs and game systems here and there, and one easy chair facing a window. As with the library, this place isn't very organized, with games and snack detritus scattered about at apparent random.

"This is the relaxation roooooommmmwhere did that come from?" Lyre starts casually, and then spots the cat. Jyrras squeaks something and he turns to the rat indignantly. "No, I'm not cheating on you with another familiar. That's not even a thing that can happen. Did you forget the part where you have a shard of my soul in you?"

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:37 pm

I see... *Claudette looks around a moment, then spots Ambush as well.* Ah, I believe that is Ambush Cat. A local who has a way of getting into unlikely places... He's basically harmless.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:30 pm

*Indeed, Ambush seems to be paying them no mind at all, engrossed as he is in his catnap. Not even the rat familiar's squeaking rouses him.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:19 am

"Oh, all right then," says Lyre. Then to Jyrras: "See?" The rat says something snarky.

"Anyway, this is a good place to take a load off. I really don't mind if you use my books or games or whatever when you're not busy working, as long as nothing gets broken." Lyre takes another look at the cat, thinking for a moment. "I actually feel like I've met him somewhere before, but I'm not sure...something about a pool party last summer? Do you remember that, Jyr?" It's hard to say how, but his familiar's next squeak sounds astoundingly like a shrug.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:31 am

*Claudette nods.* Of course. I will endeavor to be as careful as possible. ...So, should I start cleaning here, or is there more to show?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:06 pm

Lyre scratches his head. "Well, there are a bunch more floors, but it's occurring to me they're mostly really obvious. I mean, there's a bedroom floor, bathroom floor, kitchen and dining.." (he counts out some fingers while listing each floor) "..really the only ones I'd say to watch out for are the alchemy and astrology floors, because the first one has potions that are dangerous to mess with and the second one, top floor, is full of equipment that just looking at the wrong way can throw off the calibration on. So if you, uh, want to go on and start working that's fine with me."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:22 pm

Very well then. I shall get started right away. *Claudette starts cleaning up the room, beginning by gathering up all the games and putting them in stacks according to the system they're for.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:31 pm

*murmurs sleepily* Sega Saturn, Shiro... *turns over and resumes snoring*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic