PFL Nights

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: PFL Nights

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat May 07, 2016 7:47 pm

The announcer hops back onstage as Vizza offers Whyte a congratulatory hand and they shake. "Toxic, eh? Should've tried that on our last fight," she says, her tone of voice carrying the kind of aloofness that a spectator might.
"Well, I didn't know it then," says Whyte. "You just wish I had so you'd know how to deal with it, amirite*?"
Vizza gives another arms-up shrug. "Well, there's always next time."
"I aim to know a fire move by then," says Whyte, with a big grin and a small wink.
After that, the two of them head offstage side-by-side, continuing the conversation in what looks to be a friendly manner.

"Well, I'd love to bring on the next fight right away, but uh." The announcer gestures toward the boxes she came from. "Apparently that solar beam did a number on our shield spell, and it needs a little longer than usual to recover. No worries, though! This way you can take care of whatever you need to so you won't miss our next match, which I guarantee you won't want to."

The lights come back on as another, briefer intermission starts.

((Derp, months later, derp.

*--"am I right" spoken with no space between syllables))
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Mon May 09, 2016 12:53 pm

After that, the two of them head offstage side-by-side, continuing the conversation in what looks to be a friendly manner.

*Mini-Lina glances down where Swift was seated, finding the Umbreon-girl to be nowhere in sight. She shrugs, decides it's none of her business where she went, and lets it go.*

"Well, I'd love to bring on the next fight right away, but uh." The announcer gestures toward the boxes she came from. "Apparently that solar beam did a number on our shield spell, and it needs a little longer than usual to recover. No worries, though! This way you can take care of whatever you need to so you won't miss our next match, which I guarantee you won't want to."

The lights come back on as another, briefer intermission starts.

Back in a few minutes, Lina. Try not to blow anything up. *hustles off away from the seating area*

Mini-Lina: *unheard by Aldonza* I make no promises, fox. *leans back in her seat*
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri May 20, 2016 10:47 am

Within a few minutes, the lights start signaling that the intermission is nearly over again.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri May 20, 2016 5:25 pm

*Aldonza hustles back to her seat a minute later, shoving a remnant of a paper towel into her jacket pocket.*

Mini-Lina: You know, I can solve that problem awful quick.

Look, I'll change back when it's convenient, alright?

Mini-Lina: And the restrooms weren't?

Couldn't have even if I wanted to. The hot water handles on all the sinks were busted.

Mini-Lina: :roll: ...Why'd you have to go and eat that cake again?

Why did you?
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat May 21, 2016 3:45 pm

After a bit, the lights dim down as usual, and the announcer shows up onstage again. "Alright alright," she says, "This is the match I know a lot of you have been waiting for...and the other ones I'm sure are at least a little curious about by now?" There is some cheering in response to this.

"Okay! On the Swords of Justice side, of course, we've got Loooord Colburn!" A somewhat older-looking man with similar satyr-like features to Klera's walks on stage with a stern, dignified air about him, giving an understated nod to the crowd's cheering. His fur is a pattern of blue, gray, and black, and he has a pair of long wavy horns from the corners of his head.

Once it's no longer too loud to hear her, the pika-girl continues, gesturing in the opposite direction."Aaand on the other side, we've got...!" She pauses in mock-surprise as another person who looks nearly identical to her steps out. "...Me?!" A small portion of the crowd joins her in an almost chant-like "No, that's D!"

'D', who on closer inspection has strange little dotted beads instead of eyes, runs up to the mike and pulls it toward her mouth a bit. In the same voice as the announcer she says: "Yep, yep, it's everybody's faaavorite Ditto! If you're new you might not know, but the other Swords of Justice had a three-on-one match against yours truly a few weeks back and didn't do so well."
The announcer pulls the mike back to say, "That's why we're here now. Lord Colburn's ready for some payback. But is he really gonna get it?"
A fair portion of the crowd answers this question, the people who had cheered the loudest for Colburn yelling "YES!" while an equally-loud group including the ones who'd chanted before yell "NO!"
The real announcer offers the fake one the mike again, and she gives a somewhat scary grin not helped by her false eyes as she says, "Well, we'll just have to see, won't we?"

After that, the pika-girl (the real one, that is), hops over a little closer to the Cobalion-man, offering him the mike. "Do you have anything to say to that, sir?" she says.
"...Take your first form. I'll not go down easily." He sounds as stern as he looks. D shrugs and, in a movement of pink jelly, shifts into the appearance of Pájaro Verde, mask and all. She spreads and collapses her wings as if getting used to them.

After that, the announcer hops offstage and begins the countdown, from 10 as usual. There's a tension in the crowd (or at least those who've been following the league for a while) with this countdown that wasn't altogether there in the other matches. One or both of these contenders, even for being in the highest tier, is serious business.

((I had the general idea for this scene in my head before having D show up in the "future" in the other thread.))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sat May 21, 2016 4:27 pm

*chanting* C is Basic! C is Basic! C is Basic!

Mini-Lina: What the h--- are you even doing?

*stops for a moment* You'd have to understand computers to get it, Lina. *continues* C is Basic!...

*Lina mutters something about the complications of modern technology, but doesn't act on her complaint.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:34 am

D begins an aggressive-looking dance on her way toward her opponent. Colburn maintains a stern, angry look, seeming to wait for just the right moment, before suddenly rushing straight at her with a hard, momentum-fueled punch that sends her sailing backwards. Rather than skidding across the ground, D spreads her wings and swings up into the air, making a vertically aligned U-turn to be moving in her opponent's direction again, and dives straight at him. Lord Colburn does the obvious thing and tries to dodge, only for the dive to turn at the very last possible instant. D disappears in a brief streak of white light that cuts straight across Colburn before reappearing on her way even farther up into the air.

Lord Colburn blurs out of view, jumping much higher than what seems like it should be possible and ramming diagonally-up into his opponent. D turns partially into purple goop before taking on Whyte's appearance, all while drawing her hand back and smacking the side of it straight into her opponent's side, sending him sailing off in that direction in midair. She backflips on the way down and lands gracefully while her opponent has to skip carefully across the ground a couple of times, his weight and momentum and the fact that he's made partially of metal leaving a few dents in the floor in the process.

((Swords Dance, Retaliation (powered up by his friends fainting in their last battle with her), Aerial Ace, Quick Attack, Transform+Karate Chop*

*--D's ability is "Fluid Motion", which basically makes using Transform a free action as long as it still happens on D's "turn".))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:57 pm

So D's the jazz to Colburn's heavy metal?

Mini-Lina: You spend far too much time around Callista, fox.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:20 am

Colburn stands up, gaining a bright silvery glow, before suddenly emitting a blast of energy out in all directions. The energy bits swarm like bugs in D's direction, and despite her best efforts to dodge, pierce right through her, knocking her back a bit and making a few nasty cuts that seem to reveal more pinkish goo rather than bleed normally.

D walks toward him slowly, grinning; her opponent raises his hands quickly as if expecting an attack, but one doesn't come. Instead, she says something that the crowd can't exactly hear that seems to catch Lord Colburn slightly by surprise. However, she follows this by starting to pull stars out of the air and throw them at him. The Cobalion-man makes no effort to dodge this attack, instead focusing on looking righteously indignant about, well, something anyway.

After that, D closes the distance between them quickly, while Colburn raises his hands to his horns and appears to draw a pair of twin blades from them as if they were sheaths. Colburn raises the swords, but D kicks him hard in the legs, knocking him over. He recovers quickly enough to make a pair of slashes at her with the blades, the first one missing but the second one making full contact and digging deep into her, leaving a long diagonal line of pink ooze as she hops back a bit. At the same time, her opponent looks fairly badly bruised and may not last too much longer himself.

((Metal Burst, Quick Guard, Charm, Swift, Work Up, Low Kick/Sacred Sword))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:02 pm

Hey, Lina. What say I teach you how to cheer properly?

Mini-Lina: Hey, Aldonza. What say I clear up your sinuses by firing a Bomb Di Wind into your nose?

So you're the tenth person that wouldn't recommend a certain type of medicine?

Mini-Lina: If you're trying to act like that Seinfeld guy, you can end that conversation right there.

*Aldonza sinks into her seat, pouting.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:06 pm

D shifts, possibly predictably, to Clyve's form, at the same time winking and blowing a kiss at Colburn in a clearly taunting manner. He responds by charging at his opponent in a rage and landing two very solid kicks one after another in his center. Clyve-D skids across the floor a short ways and briefly looks like he isn't going to get up...before suddenly changing form again, rearranging body parts to immediately be standing up, now in the form of a Entei-woman (second one from the left here, but no sword).

D grins viciously and appears to say something...anyone good at reading lips might see that it's "Playtime's over." Lord Colburn still seems a little out of sorts, not moving much as she raises a hand, palm-open, in his direction. A massive spiral of blue fire bursts forth, reaching far and wide and straining against the barriers on the stadium edge. Anyone near the fire in the crowd can feel a bit of its heat despite the protection. It converges in a moment on her opponent, wreathing around him and quickly obscuring him behind a star-like sphere of white-hot, pure heat. It fades, slowly, leaving behind a Cobalion-man who is very badly burned and even appears to still be on fire in several places.

((Transform+Swagger, Double Kick, Transform+Sacred Fire))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:37 pm

*Aldonza decides to sing a little (to the tune of Dean Martin's "Memories Are Made Of This"), with Mini-Lina reluctantly joining in shortly thereafter. They're quiet enough that only those close enough to them can hear them, though.*

~Take Ditto-man's clever taunts
Add more pain than I can count
Ten forms, one name
Tool Man aflame
Memories are made of this~
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:02 pm

Lord Colburn draws himself up and lets loose a scream straight out of DBZ, pulses of silver energy and bits of the arena floor floating up around him. He rushes at D with a straight punch, but she just holds out one hand and mimes a yawn with the other as the gleam of a magic dome appearing in the way of the punch, absorbing the blow. This backfires when her opponent flows straight from shattering the protective barrier to making an upward sweeping motion, causing sharp, bladed pieces of rock to jump out of the ground around her, slashing wide gashes across her body in the process.

D's form loses all stability, leaving her looking eerily like a melting Entei-girl for a moment, but with some visible effort she hups up and crosses her legs, sitting floating in midair while shifting to yet another form and gaining a slight greeinsh glow. Her form stabilizes and there is a clear sense that she's healed herself. A pulse of purple energy forms around her forehead as she closes her eyes, but her opponent has recovered from the effort of his last couple of attacks. He hops back, and then leaps high up into the air, diving horns-first at his opponent. The glow on her forehead shines brightly just as he reaches her and she makes a full-body charge forward, headfirst, and they seem to charge straight through each other, the attacks clashing and leaving each one standing facing away from each other. There is a pregnant pause.

((Protect/Superpower, Stone Edge, Transform+Recover, Aerial Ace/Zen Headbutt))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:51 pm

Mini-Lina: Double KO. Has to be.

Nah, I think D has this.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:01 am

The pause goes long enough to be slightly awkward. Neither of them collapses or falls apart or anything, though they certainly both look a bit worse for the wear. Lord Colburn, panting heavily, turns around, as if he had expected something to happen by now. About at the same time, rather than turning around like a normal person, D's body shifts briefly into goo and reforms as herself facing forward, smirking. It's an unnatural expression for her current form, which seems far more suited to a peaceful or at least friendly sort of smile than the vicious one she's wearing. Her opponent takes half of a step in a forward charge but is hit by a large blast of purple energy from her forehead, which knocks him flat on his back. There are a few more seconds of silence from the crowd before everyone realizes that he's not getting up, and then a cheer erupts from mostly the ditto's fans. She lets her legs down so she's standing normally and takes a couple of small bows while the Gardevoir-lady comes back up to double check everything and then heads back down so the healing aura can hit the arena.

((Psychic))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse