PFL Nights

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

PFL Nights

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:41 pm

((NOTE: This is different from your (or at least my) average topic in the Muffinverse. I'm just going to be periodically writing events that happen, not necessarily reacting to whoever joins at all. I won't be actively pursuing any tfs or adventures for characters that come in, but I mean, I don't expressly forbid that happening? This is muffinville; what happens here, happens.
Feel free to have your characters show up, watch the show, talk to each other, etc. You can basically assume the fee for entry is reasonable and it's not all that hard to sneak in if you really want to, and do the entering-to-watch thing with your character if you want to without any input from me. That being said, heere we go.))

There's been a lot of advertising lately in Muffinville for the Pokemorph Fighting League, or P.F.L. for short: Billboards, TV, newspaper ads, even some trailers at the movies. The gist of it is that pokemorphs are humanoid pokemon people, and the P.F.L. is a sports league, a little like a boxing or wrestling league, where they fight using the same sort of powers that pokemon naturally possess. There are tournaments, tiers, superstars and all that good stuff.

It's a Friday night now, and the P.F.L. is running a "Swords of Justice" special on the Uber tier, where there are practically no move restrictions at all. Four fights for the price of one, each featuring a member of the legendary trio (plus one) called the "Swords of Justice", for particular pokemorphs of those species who are all friends with one another. The excitement in the crowd of loyal fans and newcomers build as the stands outside the ring begin to fill...
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Re: PFL Nights

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:42 am

*Most of Ambush Cat's crowd is absent, going about their own lives elsewhere in the multiverse. For the moment only the mixed-fox caninoid Aldonza is present (in human form), with mini-Lina (also in human form) seated next to her. The former looks thrilled; the latter is bored.*

((OOC: Edited. Pictures have been provided.))
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:57 pm

*Yoko is currently also sitting in the audience, having decided this whole thing was worth checking out at least once, what with all the fuss about it.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:18 pm

Before long it's time for the first fight to start. A Pikachu-girl in flashy clothing steps up onto the ring, holding a handheld mike that she appears to be actively powering herself, judging by a bit of visible lightning jumping from her hand into it. "Ladies and gentlemen! Aaarrre yoouu ready for the rumble!?" she says enthusiastically, which the majority of the crowd responds to by being really loud. "Okay cool! For tonight's first fight, we've got the youngest member of the Swords facing off against an opponent from the next tier down, hoping for a promotion to catch up with his so-called rival. Give it up for Clyyyve!" A rough-looking Mightyena-man walks up on stage and waves around a bit, greeted by about an equal amount of boos and cheers from fans, which doesn't seem to bother him at all.

After a short pause to allow for that, the announcer turns to the other corner and waves that way. "His opponent you all know and love, Klera!" A small, young-looking Keldeo-girl walks up on the other end of the stage. She has hooved feet and a fuzzy legs a bit like a satyr, a blue horse-like tail, and the blue horn of Keldeo's Resolute Forme coming from her forehead. She's got a serious look on her face that seems out of place with an otherwise cute appearance.

The announcer nod-nods as the crowd mostly cheers for Klera, and once they're quiet enough again she says, "Yep-yep! For those of you who don't know, dark-types have a lot of trouble with fighting-types," (indicating Clyve and Klera in turn) "but you know how it is, you gotta be reeaally good to go uber. He'll earn this promotion if he can even survive a few rounds with a Sword of Justice!"

Clyve moves slightly closer to the announcer, who, noticing this, offers him the mike. "I intend on doin' one better'n that, lass," he says, somewhere under a thick British accent. "How'd you like it if I could win?"
"I'm sure we'd all be really impressed at that," says the pika-girl, though she doesn't sound convinced he'll do it. She looks over at Klera, who gives a slight shake of her head. "Well, I'll just get outta your way and let you try that, then!" She quick-attacks off the stage and onto the stairs between the stands, and then (joined by a chorus of the crowd) starts counting down from ten as she heads up toward a press box.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:23 pm

*While the explanation and countdown are in progress...*

*hands held clenched near her mouth* Klera looks top-notch, but Swift's already told me about how well Clyve can fight... I don't know who to root for!

Mini-Lina: *chin propped up on her hand, bored* How about for whomever ends it quickest?

You're still mad that I dragged you away from that buffet, aren't you?

Mini-Lina: All-You-Could-Eat-Steaks for $3.00! THREE DOLLARS! Yes, I'm still mad!

Don't worry about it. If you like, I could take you to Barry's Bonanza after the fights. I hear they serve up a wicked beef stew---

Mini-Lina: *jumps out of her seat and pumps her fist* KICK HIS $%&, MUSKETEER!

*Aldonza's only reply is a solitary sweatdrop.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:46 pm

Ah, Klera's totally got this in the bag. No contest! *Yoko sits back and waits for the match to start.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:44 pm

"...Two, One, Go!!"

At 'go', Klera immediately starts a charge at Clyve, and is nearly on top of him in under a second, leading with a foot. He dodges one kick and is immediately caught by a second, sent flying. He recovers his landing, takes a deep breath, and then gives a low, mocking huff of a laugh. Klera looks positively enraged, but shakes her head, opens her mouth, and starts firing a rapid stream of bubbles toward him.

Clyve moves out of the immediate shot, but she keeps it up and turns toward him quickly enough to catch him with some of it. He tries to bite her, which she dodges, and then follows up with a punch to the jaw, which she doesn't. Even though she staggers back a bit, Klera seems stronger after being hit by it. She tries to turn toward him to go for another attack, but doesn't get the quick turn quite right, throwing herself so far off balance that she whirls to the ground and hurts herself.

((Sequence of moves so far, if you're curious: Double Kick, Swagger, Bubblebeam, Bite, Sucker Punch, (hurt by confusion) ))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:24 am

See, Lina? *smug smirk* Proof positive that the type matchup alone doesn't determine victory.

Mini-Lina: If this is going to be another one of those "zero is a number" debates, you can stop it right there.

I keep telling you, those were extenuating circumstances!

Mini-Lina: So's a Flare Arrow to the face, airhead, but you didn't listen to me. BACK ON YOUR HOOVES AND FIGHT LIKE A MAN, YOU HORSE!

She's a girl, Lina...

Mini-Lina: Semantics!

((OOC: I am absolutely loving this whole thing so far. >^_^< ))
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:26 pm

Klera recovers very quickly, stands completely upright and reaches up to her horn, moving as if grabbing the tip of it. She draws what looks like a sword made of water from it as if it were a sheath, and comes at the Mighyena-man with a single, hard slash. He takes the hit and looks pretty badly injured afterward, half bent-over and huffing. His expression is a rather devious grin, though, and he rushes at her again, landing a deep bite to her arm. Again, she looks stronger after this.

The Keldeo-girl takes this opportunity to unleash a rapid combo of strikes right at him, which he responds to by apparently laughing through the pain. Both of them step away, panting, after this, and Clyve's injuries look nearly fatal. But he draws himself up, still giving a sharp-toothed smile. Klera, on the other hand, looks positively enraged, an emotion not helped at all by her opponent's continued cheerful disposition.

((Secret Sword, Crunch, Close Combat))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:51 pm

*Aldonza's on the edge of her seat after this exchange. Mini-Lina, finally engrossed in the fight, discreetly pushes her out of her seat without looking; the neo-human's yelp is muffled by the calls of the crowd as the match continues.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:10 pm

Huh. Looks like he's not gonna make this easy for Klera... She might be in trouble if she doesn't get a hold of herself.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:13 pm

Clyve says something that looks an awful lot like 'come on', though of course nobody but Klera can hear it over the crowd. She responds to this by charging at him, full-tilt, to attack again. Clyve steadies himself as she starts to move and, just when she seems about to finish him with another kick, he grabs her leg and makes a swift maneuver that avoids the attack, turns her momentum downward, and then slams her so hard into the ring's floor it digs a deep rut into it. The floor is solid and deep, presumably specifically so it won't collapse in situations like this.

This move is met with a collective gasp from much of the audience, followed up by someone starting a chant of 'Jus-tice! Jus-tice!' that maybe half the crowd joins in on. Still heaving from the effort of the attack, Clyve watches his opponent as she slowly puts out her hands and pushes herself back up to a standing position facing him, her entire front end very badly bruised and a piece of horn chipped off, even. The mood has changed for both combatants: Klera still seems angry, but much calmer and more collected; Clyve has a determined look on his face, but hasn't entirely lost the cocky grin.

((Foul Play.
Not a 'canon' Mightyena move, so he probably put in some real effort to learn it. The in-game graphics for it are really vague, but the one description I could find from what happens in the anime suggests it involves using the opponent's attempted-attack momentum against them, which makes perfect sense to me.))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:52 pm

Mini-Lina: *whispers to Aldonza* Okay, you'll have to explain this one to me. How'd Clyve manage to hit that hard?

*climbs back into her seat* Four Attack stages, two pigeons and an Aggravation board.

Mini-Lina: *half-lidded stare* ...Now I know you're only being cryptic to annoy me.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:26 pm

*Yoko is conveniently close enough that she can provide an answer.* That was Foul Play, a move that uses the target's attack power against them. Combine that with the attack boosts from Swagger and her Justified ability, and that's some series damage...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:27 pm

Mini-Lina: *looks back at Yoko for a moment, then back at Aldonza* ...Why didn't you say so in the first place?

Um... *weak smile* I was testing you?

Mini-Lina: *sweet, mocking tone* "Um... I was testing you?" *immediate anger* MY %^*! You have any idea how much I hate---

*turns back to the fighters* Simmer down before we miss the outcome, Lina!

*Lina glares daggers at her a moment more before following suit, grumbling.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Next

Return to the Muffinverse