PFL Nights

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: PFL Nights

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:50 pm

((OOC: I'm okay either way. If you're having some trouble with it, maybe another intermission would be in order to give yourself some extra time.))

Looked better with the mask on, I think. Keeps that aura of mystique.

Mini-Lina: Say what now?

...Take off those headphones, Lina.

Mini-Lina: *raspy voice* Biscuit. Biscuit!

Stuff you!

Mini-Lina: Stuff you, too!

*A short pause as the two glare at each other, then they drop all pretenses of hostility and lean against each other laughing. In-joke, most likely.*
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:29 am

Pajaro nods. While the two combatants go and walk off the stage, the announcer whirls around briefly, addressing the audience. "Well, that's two down so far and two to go. What do you think of the show so far, eh?" The crowd responds with loud cheering for a good several seconds. When it finally dies down, she says, "That's great! We're gonna move right on along to the next match, since both opponents agreed to a rough terrain, and uh, it doesn't get much rougher than this." She gestures around at the current state of the ring, with the gashes and rocks in it; it had actually been pristine after the intermission, despite having been damaged in the first match.

"So, without further ado, our third match for today has, on the Swords of Justice corner, Vizza!" The pika-girl gestures toward one corner of the ring and there is a brief greenish blur as a slim Virizion-girl hops onstage. She then waves at the cheering crowd, runs a hand through her hair, and generally just enjoys the attention.

When the crowd quiets again, the announcer turns toward the other corner. "And her challenger, on a third rematch after beating every other ess-oh-jay handily, is Whyte!"
In an equally quick blur of silver, a shiny-colored Eevee-girl hops on stage (looking roughly so, but with silver fur and hair, and wearing shorts and a t-shirt). She gets a similarly enthusiastic reception, and waves and smiles a little bit, but seems to crave the attention a lot less.

The announcer says, "Since both of this match's fighters are speedsters, we'll be using a little time dilation between the ring and seats so everyone has a better chance to see what's going on. Do you two have anything to say to each other before things go all slow-motion?"

The Eevee-girl shakes her head no, and Vizza gives a big, arms-up shrug, so the pika-girl hops offstage and then starts the countdown again, each combatant moving into a fighting stance.

((I'm not so much having trouble with what match to do/what happens next as just general writing-out-the-words troubles. I'm not sure how to describe the issue. But I'd rather press on.))
Last edited by Whatevr89532 on Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:19 pm

((OOC: That's fine, I have a good idea of what you were trying to say.))

Oh hey, corporate sponsorship sent a representative! Wonder how many cell phones are in the crowd...

Mini-Lina: *gestures hurriedly* Shut up a moment and listen carefully, fox!

*does as instructed* ... ...Is that Swift leading Whyte's cheering section?

Mini-Lina: *looking put out* And I thought the Naga clones were noisy.

*Gradually the cheering dies down as the match's start nears.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:37 pm

Hm. I can't say Whyte looks all that impressive... But, I've been wrong before. Let's see where this goes.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:45 am

As soon as the last number of the countdown reaches their ears, both poke-girls start moving at once. Vizza does a rapid, aggressive dance; Whyte strides toward her opponent, at first seeming to blur; as she gets a bit farther along there are two distinct "copies" of her on each side of the blur, and it becomes clear she is moving between the two positions, the blur between only visible at all due to the time dilation.

Whyte (both copies, at that) gains momentum and charges forward, converging on Vizza as she concludes the dance. The Eevee-girl opens her mouth unnaturally wide, something purple showing up on her sharp canines. Vizza moves out of the way of "one" of the two, but the other catches her on the shoulder. The Whyte that missed stays behind Vizza, turning around, while the one the hit somersaults backwards from the attack and lands on her feet. Her opponent doesn't look particularly hurt, but she seems...unwell.

Vizza quickly responds by running at the Whyte in front of her and aiming a kick straight at her, landing square in the stomach. The target is knocked into the air, and a second kick comes at her. But this one goes straight through her, and the image disappears, replaced by another one right next to the Whyte behind her instead. Both rush at Vizza again, and she's caught by whichever one happens to be "real" at the moment in a full-on tackle, both rolling along the ground for a bit before Whyte jumps off and lands in two places at once again, at about 45-degree angles from her opponent.

((Swords Dance/Double Team, Toxic, Double Kick, Tackle

I usually think of double team as having two different "versions": One where it's an actual illusion done by psychic powers, the other where the user is just fast enough to keep dashing back and forth between the two places.))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:52 pm

*Aldonza gives the match her complete attention, softly humming the Mute City music from F-Zero.*

*Mini-Lina gives up entirely on keeping track of things, time dilation or not, and grabs another snack to chew on.*

((OOC: Ditto that.))
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:26 pm

(Honestly, I never thought about it too much...)

Wow. They really are fast...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:35 pm

Vizza makes a sweeping motion with her right hand, tossing a bunch of petals into the air. They seem to sparkle or glow somehow, suspended in midair, and are all shifting between various colors as if they were exotic jewels caught in sunlight. The sight of them draws some cheers from her fans in the crowd, and she responds with a sweeping bow which apparently also commands the leaves to fly forward toward her opponent as if in a gale. Whyte makes no attempt to dodge this attack, holding her arms in front of her to minimize damage instead; despite looking like normal petals the leaves make quite a few cuts across her skin.

The Eevee-girl rubs some of the cuts with her hands, looking generally annoyed that they're there. It's hard to say why, but she seems a little stronger afterward. Vizza moves as if to attack, but stumbles briefly, coughing and just generally looking unwell. She steadies herself, however, and raises her hand to the air. Whyte (both of them) starts moving away as pure green light apparently in the shape of a vine appears in Vizza's hand; she moves it like a whip in her opponent's direction and it grows out toward her, arcing through an illusory Whyte before landing in the other one, knocking her over on her side and apparently piercing the other. The vine retracts after a moment, leaving a gash in the Eevee-girl's side. Vizza's injuries seem to have healed a bit, and she seems a little less ill for the moment.

((Magical Leaf, Work Up, Giga Drain))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:40 pm

*Aldonza and M-Lina both take note of Vizza's physical state prior to the Giga Drain, their eyes narrowing speculatively.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:33 pm

Whyte snaps back up and splits back into two, both of which start moving as if plucking something out of the air and throwing it; in fact, they do throw a fair quantity of glowing white stars in varying sizes this way. They fly through the air, arcing and spiraling around in a way that strongly suggests normal physics simply do not apply to them, toward her opponent. Rather than bother with dodging this, Vizza places her palms together and seems to take on a meditative stance, even in the face of being cut and smashed into by the stars. Her body gains a golden glow, and she turns her hands palm-up, each emitting a ray of golden light up at the ceiling. The whole interior of the building brightens, not by the stadium lights but as if the roof were simply a bunch of clouds parting to let the sun in...which, of course, anyone looking up at the ceiling can see is not true, to say nothing of the fact that it's night time.

The Virizion-girl stays in place, apparently taking in a deep breath as her opponent advances. She quickly gains another glow, this one more greenish, and with a slight flourish points her hands forward into an almost kamehameha-like motion before emitting a ray of greenish-white energy just as huge and all-consuming as advertised. Wards on the ring's edge visibly ripple and only let out what seems to be a shaft of ordinary sunlight, but inside the ring the wide beam catches Whyte square in the face, knocking her back several bounces along the floor and landing her flat on her back by the time it ends. Vizza puts arms to the side and starts to step forward to press the advantage, but staggers again and coughs again, this one turning into a fit that ends with her coughing up some of what looks like tree sap onto the ring.

Whyte takes the opportunity to return to her feet. She looks a little burned and badly bruised from this last attack, and slumped slightly at first, but seeing the state of her opponent she draws herself up, giving an intense glare. It's a genuinely pained, angry expression that many people who catch a glimpse of feel compelled to look away from, as something about it makes it feel like whoever's looking at it was responsible for doing something terrible. It's clear to anyone that something is about to go down, as her body seems to flicker and vibrate in place, perfectly still but in several places at once. Her opponent certainly notices it, and braces for an attack.

((Swift, Sunny Day, Solar Beam))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:29 am

I think I know what's coming. Zapana used to give me a similar look just before decking me halfway across the block.

Mini-Lina: Mind filling me in here, Aldonza?

*smirks* Just watch, and we'll see if I'm right.

*Lina rolls her eyes, but doesn't press her inquiry.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:31 pm

Whyte seems to flicker straight out of visibility, and reappears next to her opponent, landing a punch square in the side, and then again on the other side, kicking her back in the other direction, and then behind her with another strike, and... This seems to go on and on, her opponent seemingly hovering slightly off the ground from the repeated hits, and even with the time dilation there are only occasional streaks of blur around to betray that the Eevee-girl isn't just arbitrarily teleporting and/or time-traveling to achieve the effect. There is an audible yell from her during the attack; it's distorted slightly by the timescale but sounds very angry and hurt. The long combo ends with a kick to Vizza's stomach, which sends her flying. Whyte remains in place after that, panting heavily from the effort, while her opponent skips across the floor a couple of times before landing on her back.

Vizza gets back up slowly, but her opponent is clearly in no condition to press the advantage just now. She reaches up to her horns, and pulls down and around, drawing what looks to be a long, green sword in the shape of a giant blade of grass from them with a slight flourish. She charges forward and strikes at Whyte with it; the Eevee-girl steps back but not enough to avoid most of a hard slash across her front side. She jumps back a bit farther, holding a bleeding gash with one hand, but still standing.

((Frustration*, Sacred Sword

*-Whyte's "version" of Frustration is this extreme ultra-attack for character history related reasons.

Posted in the wrong topic and had to edit this in, whoops!))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:39 pm

*cackles* Called it! Callllled it!

Mini-Lina: *jaw drops open* Silent night, holy---!
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:33 pm

Whyte makes a brief, flinching motion and then blurs forward again. Vizza holds up her sword (still present) in a defensive position and a greenish shield appears in front of her, her opponent crashing against it at the end of her movement. The shield breaks, knocking the eevee-girl back slightly, and Vizza starts to lurch forward to counter but staggers from the illness that's been affecting her this whole match. Whyte takes this opportunity to draw herself fully up and close her eyes, looking like she's concentrating. Her body glows purplish briefly, and then when she opens her eyes a blast of energy emanates from her, catching Vizza full in the front and knocking her into a full involuntary backflip and a half before landing on her front again.

The Virizion-girl is clearly not getting up. Whyte visibly breathes a sigh of relief as the timescale returns to normal and the same officiator as before comes up on stage and examines Vizza to make sure she's truly fainted. A fair portion of the crowd chants and cheers for her while the ring does its usual restorative magic on the pair.

((Quick Attack, Quick Guard, Stored Power*

*-Exceptional move for an Eevee to know, known for story reasons (an espeon taught her how)))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:43 pm

*Swift can be heard adding her own two cents worth of cheers and whistles.*

Mini-Lina: Wonder what was up with Vista?

Vizza.

Mini-Lina: Debit, please. But seriously, the h---? Is that something part and parcel with being a humanoid plant, or what?

Dunno. *wide grin* All I know is that she has a lot of guts for fighting in that condition! *stands up and cheers* Vizzaaaa! You're everywhere you need to be~!

Mini-Lina: *gives a long-suffering look to the golem behind her* L-sama forbid.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse