To the worthy

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

To the worthy

Postby Kether » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:13 pm

As is the norm in muffinville something appears randomly in the middle of everything yet seems like it has always been there. This something is perhaps a ruined shrine or temple there is even a proper henge around it. Past the henge and amidst the broken down walls in the center of it all is simple plaque with the inscription "to the worthy"*
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Re: To the worthy

Postby Ookalf » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:40 pm

Huh, I don't think that was there before... *Ookalf spots the shrine while riding his bikes, and pulls over to investigate. He climbs over the hedge and enters the ruins proper, where he spots the plaque.* "To the worthy"... Hm. I wonder what that's supposed to mean?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kether » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:38 pm

Ookalf wrote:Huh, I don't think that was there before... *Ookalf spots the shrine while riding his bikes, and pulls over to investigate. He climbs over the hedge and enters the ruins proper, where he spots the plaque.* "To the worthy"... Hm. I wonder what that's supposed to mean?

He feels a slight sense of diziness as if over exerting himself as the plaque becomes slightly cleaner gaining abit of shine
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Ookalf » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:13 pm

Ugh... What was that all about? *Ookalf shakes his head to clear the dizziness, then notices something different about the plaque.* ...Did that just get shinier? *He leans in to get a closer look.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:49 pm

Another person notices the odd building from across the street, just in time to see the plaque's appearance change. This person is a man in casual clothes covered over by a lab coat, with glasses on his face. He teleports his way to the sidewalk closer to the shrine and without much warning says "I'd say some kind of magic is at work. And I'd say I'm getting tired of opportunities to say that."
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kether » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:23 am

*Ookalf would feel another wave of diziness, the man in glasses might as well though with his more knowledgeable nature its far more likley he'd have some protection he may even be able to read the effect as a drain on someone's pattern making things more malliable, more of the plaque seems to clear up there s space beneath the ingraving now for something a single word though its blank*
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Ookalf » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:32 pm

Whatevr89532 wrote:Another person notices the odd building from across the street, just in time to see the plaque's appearance change. This person is a man in casual clothes covered over by a lab coat, with glasses on his face. He teleports his way to the sidewalk closer to the shrine and without much warning says "I'd say some kind of magic is at work. And I'd say I'm getting tired of opportunities to say that."

Huh? *Ookalf hears the man and looks over to him.* Oh, hey there. You have any idea what this is about?

Kether wrote:*Ookalf would feel another wave of diziness, the man in glasses might as well though with his more knowledgeable nature its far more likley he'd have some protection he may even be able to read the effect as a drain on someone's pattern making things more malliable, more of the plaque seems to clear up there s space beneath the ingraving now for something a single word though its blank*

Whoa... *Ookalf holds his head and steps away from the plaque.* Man, did you feel that just now?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:39 pm

The man in the lab coat doesn't have any particular protection, and gives a tired-sounding sigh. "I believe so. My advice to you is to get out of here before it progresses into some form of permanent damage." He adjusts his glasses. "Me, I can't leave a strange phenomenon alone until I at least understand something about it." He walks slightly closer, to look at the plaque. "I'm betting the name of whoever's 'worthy' is supposed to appear there," he says, pointing at the blank spot.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kether » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:52 pm

Whatevr89532 wrote:The man in the lab coat doesn't have any particular protection, and gives a tired-sounding sigh. "I believe so. My advice to you is to get out of here before it progresses into some form of permanent damage." He adjusts his glasses. "Me, I can't leave a strange phenomenon alone until I at least understand something about it." He walks slightly closer, to look at the plaque. "I'm betting the name of whoever's 'worthy' is supposed to appear there," he says, pointing at the blank spot.

*he feels another wave of diziness as more is pulled in... the blank spot has a pair of symbols now a regal scepter and a scholarly book*
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Ookalf » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:30 pm

Whatevr89532 wrote:The man in the lab coat doesn't have any particular protection, and gives a tired-sounding sigh. "I believe so. My advice to you is to get out of here before it progresses into some form of permanent damage." He adjusts his glasses. "Me, I can't leave a strange phenomenon alone until I at least understand something about it." He walks slightly closer, to look at the plaque. "I'm betting the name of whoever's 'worthy' is supposed to appear there," he says, pointing at the blank spot.

Right... *Ookalf steps further away from the plaque.* You have some idea how to deal with this?

Kether wrote:*he feels another wave of diziness as more is pulled in... the blank spot has a pair of symbols now a regal scepter and a scholarly book*

...Hey, it changed again. What're those symbols on it?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:48 am

The man steps a bit closer, enough to be next to Ookalf at this point. "Well, it doesn't seem to be doing anything to anyone who doesn't bother it. Like I said, getting away from it would be safest. I won't insult your intelligence by acting as if you don't know what those symbols look like; they probably represent a king and a scholar." He half-turns toward Ookalf, and offers a hand to shake. "I'm Dr. Karulis--or James, whichever. You wouldn't happen to be some form of royalty or something, would you?"

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:27 pm

Nice to meet you, James. *Ookalf shakes his hand.* And no. As far as I know, I am not royalty... Why do you ask?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kether » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:58 pm

*James finds the drain to increase rather than feeling dizzy this time his whole body feels off, he finds his clothing not quite fitting right, some parts feeling looser some parts feeling tighter. He gets a slight headache and the idea slips into her.. his mind that maybe the symbols are for him to figure out? That these were perhaps points of judgement?*

While the symbols stay the same for James, a set appears for Ookalf a Feather, a stalk of grapes and a Stylized Horse head, these are what Ookalf sees vs James.
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:36 pm

"Ungh..." James leans forward slightly and holds his forehead for a second, and then shakes his head as if to clear it. "Well, I was under the impression that the symbols represented us for some reason. With the book having something to do with a scholar, the other one might represent you, I thought. After all, magic often has some element of representation to it..except when it doesn't."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:42 pm

Hm, yeah, that would make sense... *Ookalf nods.* ...Wait, which one's supposed to be the book?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Next

Return to the Muffinverse