Blessings and Curses II - The Challenging

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Blessings and Curses II - The Challenging

Postby Ookalf » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:46 pm

Whatevr89532 wrote:It doesn't look like it would be all that hard to avoid the tile--it's really just a square tile in the middle, and she could have dodged around it in the first place with advance warning. But stepping off of it doesn't completely right it, and the stand starts rocking over in the opposite direction!

Oh, no... *Ookalf places a foot on the platform to to keep it from moving too much and giving her away.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:46 am

Elliot watched as people started the game. Her tail swished as she studied their opponents, observing them make a couple of attempts before she went over to pick up a ring. Throwing or catching had never been a strong point for her, but she felt less nervous now, what with her theory of winning being a bad thing. She drew the ring in close to herself and then flicked her wrist to toss it towards the pegs!
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Kether » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:15 pm

*She observes carefully Elliot and the others not really sure how this is a team event*
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:25 pm

Eliko's ring..sails right past the peg, like a frisbee. Whoops. Now it's Kiara's turn, maybe she can do better! The wolfish pair is fairly nearby, but looking very different by now: The elder looks no older than sixteen, very much female, and is even in a school uniform, while the younger looks, well, younger, as well as much girlier. The younger can be heard calling the elder 'big sis' now, oddly enough.

The platform gets too much momentum in Ookalf's direction now, and starts leaning over to fall toward her! She could probably catch it, but making it go back to a steady vertical position apparently requires a delicate touch.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kether » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:47 pm

*She's rather torn at the observation, deep down, Kether finds being stuck as a teenage girl probably less embarassing than the whole mommy thing, on the other hand the Keira persona has a significant desire to continue. Still there doesn't seem to be any effect on the others who did worse so maybe keeping to a balance. Eliot has already missed so if they succeed it should continue at a second place.

with her concentration united she throws the ring aiming carefully for the target*
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Ookalf » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:36 pm

Whatevr89532 wrote:The platform gets too much momentum in Ookalf's direction now, and starts leaning over to fall toward her! She could probably catch it, but making it go back to a steady vertical position apparently requires a delicate touch.

OK, OK, I can do this... *Ookalf tries summoning up some small vines to grab the torch and hold the platform in place.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:42 pm

Elliot's mouth fell open as she saw the teenage wolf girl in a school uniform. For a moment her mind started to wander, even finding their rival to be rather attractive, before she saw the even younger looking girl that was with her, and remembered that could be their fate if they won! She watches with a worried look upon her face as Kether picked up one of the rings and with great determination tossed it at the target. Between the two challenges, she'd gone from wanting to win desperately to get back to normal, to now wanting to avoid a win so she could simply stop this getting any worse!
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:54 pm

Kiara's careful aim is successful in landing a hit! A quick inspection of the other pairs' pegs might tell the fox-girls that there are basically three groups at this point: Those where both missed, those where both hit (only one or two pairs), and those where just one hit--almost always the parent. Some of the parents are giving their children advice on how to better throw the rings, though it's hard to tell whether it's effectual advice.

The vines do as intended; Ookalf finds herself capable of moving them as organically as if they had been her own limbs for years. The tile seems to be righting itself on its own with a bit of wobbling, which thanks to the steadying vines doesn't affect the stand or the torch. However, she can hear some clanking armor coming up from the right end of the intersection. It's a regular march, so whoever it is apparently failed a spot check on those vines, but it'll be tight to hold on to the stand long enough for the tile to completely stabilize before that guard gets to the intersection and well in view of her.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:41 pm

Whatevr89532 wrote:The vines do as intended; Ookalf finds herself capable of moving them as organically as if they had been her own limbs for years. The tile seems to be righting itself on its own with a bit of wobbling, which thanks to the steadying vines doesn't affect the stand or the torch. However, she can hear some clanking armor coming up from the right end of the intersection. It's a regular march, so whoever it is apparently failed a spot check on those vines, but it'll be tight to hold on to the stand long enough for the tile to completely stabilize before that guard gets to the intersection and well in view of her.

Ha... *Ookalf breathes a sigh of relief as the panel starts to right itself... And then she hears the guard coming, and creates an alcove in the center path to hide in.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:47 am

Elliot picked up another ring, and this time she doesn't even try to aim for the peg! She tosses the ring off to the side of them, but then again, she could be so bad, her aim so off that she ends up hitting a peg anyway!

"Maybe you should miss the next one, Mom. I'm already one of the smallest here... I don't have much room for that...", she mumbles, nodding at the schoolgirl wolf and her new little sister.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Kether » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:21 am

"Perhaps,"she begins,"the games are not... the true contest but rather whoever is interfering?"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:25 pm

A particularly large soldier shows up soon after Ookalf hides, and notices the stand wobbling a bit. He reaches out a hand and stabilizes it before shouting, "The intruder's been here recently; the firetrap was disturbed!" At that, some more soldiers show up from all directions, none of them stepping on the tile on their way to scatter off in the four directions in hopes of finding her. The big soldier looks around suspiciously before starting off in the direction that was "right" from where Ookalf came from.

Eliko's second throw, by some stroke of luck, actually catches the very top of the peg and hula-hoops its way down, landing the pair's second score!

((Asked random.org to give a number 1 to 10, hit if higher than 7; got a 9.))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:46 pm

Convinced her theory was right, Elliot watched in horror as she managed to land her ring on the peg, and she gulped a deep breath down as it spun around and settled on the floor, clearly getting them another point. Her tail drooped and her ears flattened, and she couldn't help but look over at the wolf pairing again.

"I hope you're right, Mom... ", she groaned.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Ookalf » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:13 pm

Whatevr89532 wrote:A particularly large soldier shows up soon after Ookalf hides, and notices the stand wobbling a bit. He reaches out a hand and stabilizes it before shouting, "The intruder's been here recently; the firetrap was disturbed!" At that, some more soldiers show up from all directions, none of them stepping on the tile on their way to scatter off in the four directions in hopes of finding her. The big soldier looks around suspiciously before starting off in the direction that was "right" from where Ookalf came from.

*Well, that's certainly not good... Once all the soldiers have run off, Ookalf carefully presses onward, avoiding the path the big guard went down.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kether » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:56 am

Harri-chan wrote:Convinced her theory was right, Elliot watched in horror as she managed to land her ring on the peg, and she gulped a deep breath down as it spun around and settled on the floor, clearly getting them another point. Her tail drooped and her ears flattened, and she couldn't help but look over at the wolf pairing again.

"I hope you're right, Mom... ", she groaned.

"Well asside from the wolves who do you think looks suspicious?"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse