Blessings and Curses II - The Challenging

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Blessings and Curses II - The Challenging

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:36 pm

A few billboards show up in town, advertising something called "Blessings and Curses II" to be held at a public park at a certain time.

Around the appointed time, a big sign grows up out of the ground as if it were a fast-forwarded tree. It says:

Blessings & Curses II - The Challenging

Play the game, and let fate decide whether you get a blessing or a curse!
There are four categories of blessings/curses to take, as follows:
TAB1:New spell/ability/technique OR trigger-based curse
TAB2:Magical/technological artifact/weapon/item OR cursed item you are already wearing and cannot take off
TAB3:D&D-Style stat boost OR D&D-style stat loss
TAB4:A new form (you should like) OR a new form (you don't like)
Each category may be taken in intensity 1 to intensity 10. Higher intensity curses are worse, and higher intensity blessings are better. High risk, high reward!
If you don't feel like deciding, a category and/or intensity may be chosen for you at random!
While you can take as many of categories 1-3 as you like, a form can only be replaced by another form of a higher intensity; intensity-10 forms are stuck!
If you want, after taking any number of blessings and curses you may attempt a small challenge using your current state. If you win the challenge, your curses are removed and you keep your blessings!

Shortly after that, Whatevr strolls up in a male mostly-human form (having the ears and tail of a wolf as nearly always) and looks up at the sign. "Two?" he mutters to himself, "have I done this before?"

Whatever the answer to that is, he turns around and leans on the sign's post, taking out and idly flipping-then-catching a coin whose movement doesn't quite seem to follow the laws of physics.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Re: Blessings and Curses II - The Challenging

Postby Ookalf » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:12 pm

Ah, hey Whatevr! *Ookalf drops by and reads the sign.* Huh... You the one who set this up?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:16 pm

"Hey there." The werewolf takes a moment to think on Ookalf's question before shrugging. "More or less. I mean, I know I'm supposed to be the one running this but if I try to recall any more detail on how or why it was set up I find an endless void, to gaze into which is to invite madness, so...good enough for me!"

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:27 pm

Huh. That's... a bit weird, but OK. Do you think I should try this?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:27 pm

"Hmm..I dunno about 'should', but I'd be happy if you did, at least. Boring game if nobody plays, no?"

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:54 pm

Heh, good point. I'll go ahead and try it, then!
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:06 pm

Elliot, the quite feminine teenage boy strolls up a little after Ookalf, and spends a moment to study the billboard. He wore a light blue t-shirt with a surfboard across the front, and a pair of knee length denim jeans, with brown flip-flops on his feet, and his pale blonde hair was loose, reaching passed his shoulders.

"I think I've seen something like this before... ", he says. "The part about being challenged sounds fun... ".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:23 am

Whatevr nods. "Alright, two players even. Would you like to pick a category and intensity or let randomness choose for you?"

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:51 am

Elliot lifted a hand and rubbed at the back of his neck as he squinted at all that writing up there on the board.

"Seems kinda complicated... I'll go with random luck... ", he murmurs, before his blue eyes glance over at Ookalf. "Are we competing against each other, or against the game?".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Ookalf » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:36 pm

Hmm, I guess I'll take the form thing? I'm not sure how the intensities work...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:57 am

"Okay., let's see what happens then. Elliot first..." Whatevr flips the coin into the air and catches it in an open palm. It lands on a face with the number 307 on it. "A stat blessing, level 10. Very nice.." Whatevr nods, and waves in Elliot's general direction. He suddenly feels (and is) immensely strong, possibly even dangerously so, though he doesn't look any different.
"Well, it's against the game for the purpose of keeping blessings and losing curses, though you can compete with each other separately if you wanted to for some reason. In fact, you can play around with whatever you wind up with for as long as you like around here, the keeping blessings mostly applies to leaving with them."

"I'll just demonstrate with a random intensity, Ookalf.." The werewolf flips again, and this time it lands on 355. "Blessing, level 5. Twice in a row, huh? Now let's see.." He grabs seemingly out of thin air a bunch of red petals, and blows them at Ookalf. They fly to him and start whirling around him as if carried by a miniature tornado, and Ookalf finds himself shrinking, becoming slimmer and smaller. His hair rapidly turns red and grows out, framing an increasingly feminine face; a pair of horns grow from the corners of his head, and his ears stretch out into long, pointy shapes. His shirt turns into a flowing black dress top, the sleeves separating and turning into long gloves. His belt slides off and moves around on its own into his right hand, the wolf head turning into a big rose-petal like decoration and growing a scythe blade out of it while the bit in his hand becomes a handle. The rest of it turns into a thorny black vine which grows much longer than the belt ever was. Ookalf can feel himself shifting from male to female as his pants slide down and split off into stockings and his underwear turns into a tight pair of panties, and finally her chest swells out to fill the dress top, completing her transformation. Ookalf will find she has a suite of plant manipulation powers to play around with, and that the weapon her belt turned into is somehow also a plant, and is fully under her control even if she isn't touching it.

Whatevr grins. "What do you think of that? Another take on a vaguely nature-based superhero, eh?"
Last edited by Whatevr89532 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:06 am

Elliot's blue eyes can't help but wander across to Ookalf as he... rapidly transforms into a she. His lips parted slightly, watching the clothing transform into panties, stockings and a feminine top. He gulped down a deep breath, watching the red hair swish around.

"I love super heroes... but never seen one quite like that... ", he murmurs quietly, biting on his bottom lip as he admired the way Ookalf's chest had swelled out to fill the top she now wore. He tries to focus on himself, flexing his hands a little before wandering over to a little car pulled up outside one of the stores. Bending down slightly, he easily lifts it... tilting it at first, but then raises the entire thing above his head.

"Oh my god... look at me!", he laughs, and spins the car around before gently easing it back to the road. Excitement radiated from the boy, and he winked at poor Oakalf before turning back to Whatever.

"I think I need a more heroic look to go with my new super powers", he beams, and points a finger at the final line on the board.

"Hit me with one of those new forms".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Ookalf » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:20 pm

Oh? *Ookalf watches as the petals fly around him, doing their work.* Hmm, interesting... *She feels her new red hair as it flows downward, rubs her horns, and tugs at her dress and gloves.* Definitely a new looking for me... But I guess I can work with it. *Now turning her attention to her whip, Ookalf swings it around a few times, using her powers to make it do complex twists and tricks in the air.* Ha ha, this is great!

*Hearing some of Elliot's comments, Ookalf looks over to the scrawny boy.* Y'know, heroes can have all kinds of looks...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:41 am

Whatevr nods. "Very well, then, let's see what happens!" He flips the coin, and it lands on 139. "Hmm, a relatively weak blessing? What to do..." He seems to take a long moment to think about it before pointing his index finger at the teenage boy, which seems to emit a thin laser of purplish light. Elliot finds himself growing slightly taller, his hair growing even longer, but he doesn't look any more masculine. In fact, his body develops the visible curves of an older female, and his clothes start to look more feminine too. His underwear turns into a pair of panties, his shorts spread out into a skirt, and his shirt turns into a long, but tight black sweater which grows a white hoodie out on top of it. At the same time, Elliot's ears grow out much taller and pointier, tingling as fuzz the same color as his hair grows on them, until they've become a pair of big furry triangles. He finds himself actually becoming a girl, then, and her chest pushes forward into a fairly generous pair of breasts as a bushy yellow tail with a white tip pushes its way out from her back. Elliot will find her senses of sound and smell are much stronger than before, and her eyes glow purple as she gains some magical power, and along with it the knowledge to use some fairly simple light-based illusions. Despite still not looking muscular, she still has the same strength as before.

The werewolf lowers his hand nods approvingly at his handiwork. "All kind of looks indeed. If you look like your powers belong to a different set entirely, nobody will expect you to be able to punch a tree down."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:01 pm

Elliot couldn't help but giggle as he realised he was growing taller. He set his feet apart slightly, and curled his hands into fists, placing them at his hips... just as he felt a strange feeling in his underwear. Confusion flickered over his face and he looked down just as his shorts spread into a little skirt, which swished as he jumped back in surprise, flashing the new panties.

"H-Hey!", he whined, grasping handfuls of the skirt as the sweater and the hoodie took shape on his upper body. However, something new distracted him next, blue eyes rolling upwards as he felt his ears changing dramatically, yelping as it was followed by a tail that lifted the skirt right up off his bottom, just as his body was turned from male to female, resulting in the swelling of two large breasts from his chest. She blushed brightly, eyes going from blue to purple as she scowled at Whatever.

Stomping up to him, she grasped at the front of his clothes... and lifted him off his feet, holding up him as the bushy tail swished angrily from side to side. "Are there even boy forms possible? Perhaps you should get the next one... ".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Next

Return to the Muffinverse