Blessings and Curses II - The Challenging

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Blessings and Curses II - The Challenging

Postby Kether » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:44 am

Harri-chan wrote:Elliot's ears perked up and twitched as she heard the woman, and she turns to listen to the woman on the platform. Those nerves that had steadily been increasing began to ramp up a little more as they walked towards the sacks and she saw pairs climbing into them. Never mind speed, strength and agility, this was going to take coordination, and while the other parent-child teams looked like they were used to being a team... she'd only even had a Mom for ten minutes.

Her ears flatten as she bends down to pick up a sack, and holding the top with her hands, she steps inside and then turns to look up at the older fox girl nervously, blushing at how those large breasts hung right above her head.

She wraps herself close to Eliot climbing into the bag and says with a comforting tone, "there there you grow into them you are still young yet, "she pauses to consider her tone changes ever so slightly or maybe its just Eliot's imagination its hard to tell as she begins, "We all have a role in this place, paddling against it is like going upstream hard and lots of work. But if you go with the flow of who this game wants you to be you can use the flow to guide things in a way and hopefully.. escape"
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:46 pm

The guard does indeed turn around and start walking back down the corridor, but doesn't see Ookalf for the moment. If she's visible at all through the hedge, though, he might see her soon.

After another minute or so of getting ready, the same lady acting as officiator walks up next to the track. "All right," she says, "No foul play now, we're all just here to have fun. On your mark, get set.." And then she blows a loud, high whistle to indicate it's time to start.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:18 pm

Whatevr89532 wrote:The guard does indeed turn around and start walking back down the corridor, but doesn't see Ookalf for the moment. If she's visible at all through the hedge, though, he might see her soon.

*Ookalf ducks low and summons up another wall right in front of her, hoping the guard won't notice the plants moving.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:46 pm

Elliot blushed brightly and squirmed as the other fox girl climbed into the sack with her, and she did find the tone of her voice rather soothing. A small frown creased her brow as she listened to the words, but before she could ponder them for too long... the whistle ha been blown! She sucks in a deep breath, and grips the top of the sack firmly with both hands as she tried to jump forward. If she managed to do it in time with the more mature fox girl it would be no more than a fantastic slice of luck!
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Kether » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:35 pm

Harri-chan wrote:Elliot blushed brightly and squirmed as the other fox girl climbed into the sack with her, and she did find the tone of her voice rather soothing. A small frown creased her brow as she listened to the words, but before she could ponder them for too long... the whistle ha been blown! She sucks in a deep breath, and grips the top of the sack firmly with both hands as she tried to jump forward. If she managed to do it in time with the more mature fox girl it would be no more than a fantastic slice of luck!

She takes a deep breath and lets the motherly persona take hold, The elder Kitsune concentrates on her child her maternal instincts, heightened senses and supernatural grace trying to match the proper pace letting Eliot take the lead, all she had to do then was match it and support her child. Of course winning here might be just as embarassing long term for Eliot and Kether as loss perhaps even more so.*
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:18 pm

The guard pauses when Ookalf moves the hedge, and looks directly at her for a few seconds, before shrugging and muttering something about it being his imagination. He then continues past her toward the other end of the corridor, his back now to her.

The two fox-girls do reasonably well for the first several steps of the race, thanks largely to Kether's efforts at making the coordination work. They're starting to get ahead of most of the crowd, with the exception of the wolf-like pair. The father is counting out a rhythm like a drill sergeant, and the son seems fairly used to keeping it.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:37 pm

Whatevr89532 wrote:The guard pauses when Ookalf moves the hedge, and looks directly at her for a few seconds, before shrugging and muttering something about it being his imagination. He then continues past her toward the other end of the corridor, his back now to her.

*Once she's sure the guard won't spot her, Ookalf lowers the wall and runs down the path behind his back.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:10 am

Elliot goes bright red as the jumping causes Kether's beasts to jiggle and bump against her head. It was rather distracting to say the least, even as they managed to get ahead of most of the pairs. She managed to get in time with the older girl's hopping once Kether had set the pace, but it was so hard to concentrate...
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Kether » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:35 am

Harri-chan wrote:Elliot goes bright red as the jumping causes Kether's beasts to jiggle and bump against her head. It was rather distracting to say the least, even as they managed to get ahead of most of the pairs. She managed to get in time with the older girl's hopping once Kether had set the pace, but it was so hard to concentrate...

She considers the situation carefully, on the one hand its and important life lesson to teach Eliko about the value of playing by yourown rules. On the other hand would the risk be worth it as multiple rounds would have multiple points and thus one could game the system there by making sure no one else successfully dominates while they maintain second tier status.

She decides that for now holding off cheating is the best idea and takes note of Eliot's discomfort. Without missing much of a beat she carefully moves from behind her to being side by side with Eliot. She takes her hand and continues to Hop
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:52 pm

Soon Ookalf is at the right turn at the end of the corridor. Just past that turn is a left turn, a few steps forward from that another right turn..this passage looks rather twisty, but she doesn't hear anyone in it right now.

The father-son pair of wolf-like folks seem to be the only real standouts here, soon getting well ahead of everyone else. Elliot and her 'mom' maintain a lead over the rest of the group, but not a very large one, and soon they're looking rather close to the finish!

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:10 pm

Whatevr89532 wrote:Soon Ookalf is at the right turn at the end of the corridor. Just past that turn is a left turn, a few steps forward from that another right turn..this passage looks rather twisty, but she doesn't hear anyone in it right now.

*Ookalf looks around briefly to make sure the coast is clear, then runs down the twisting passage.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:32 pm

Elliot almost stumbled as she glanced up, feeling Kether move alongside her, but she grasped at the hand and turned her gaze forward again. This left only one hand grasping the sack as the finish line came into view. Her heart was racing now, her ears twitching at the sounds of others just behind them, and the occasional movement in the corners of her eyes. Her legs were beginning to ache a little from all the jumping, and her knees trembled a little from a mixture of tiredness and nerves....
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Kether » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:46 pm

Harri-chan wrote:Elliot almost stumbled as she glanced up, feeling Kether move alongside her, but she grasped at the hand and turned her gaze forward again. This left only one hand grasping the sack as the finish line came into view. Her heart was racing now, her ears twitching at the sounds of others just behind them, and the occasional movement in the corners of her eyes. Her legs were beginning to ache a little from all the jumping, and her knees trembled a little from a mixture of tiredness and nerves....

*her hand takes the other end of the bag and she begins in her soothing calming maternal tone"You can do it honey, remember you are better than all of them"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:39 pm

Past the first couple of turns in the maze is another right turn, a short path, a left turn, left turn..this seems to be one of the snake-type passages that just keeps going back and forth.

Ahead of the pair, the sack in the lead crosses the finish line. And then, almost before they know it, they, too, cross it! After a short rush of activity, the lady officiating holds up the hands of the first-place winners. "In first place, Jarod and Jack Johnston!" And then she walks over to the pair of fox girls, and grabs one of each of their hands. "In second place, Kiara and Eliko Shizuka!" Then she goes over to another pair and holds up their hands, declaring them third place. After that, everyone starts milling around again. An older man off to the side seems to have been writing down the results on a tablet.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:41 pm

Whatevr89532 wrote:Past the first couple of turns in the maze is another right turn, a short path, a left turn, left turn..this seems to be one of the snake-type passages that just keeps going back and forth.

*Ookalf keeps on running, figuring the path has to lead somewhere eventually.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse