Happy Birthday Ookalf and maybe Circe...

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Happy Birthday Ookalf and maybe Circe...

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:39 pm

Jamie shrugs, and then covers her ears when Callista warns the boss to do so. Once the rush of customers starts, she goes to the register and looks around at the people arguing for a second or two before yelling (though with nowhere near the sort of volume Callista has) "Hey! Make a proper line if you don't wanna get a punch from me!"

*Most of the crowd settles at this, although one look at Callista threatens to get them worked up again. Calli shrugs and ducks out of the way, getting to work on the food as the line progresses.*

*Ookalf covers her ears, and steps back as the crowd gathers.* Whoa! ...Well, I guess that's that taken care of...

Callista: Hey, I'm cute and they know it. :D

...Wheelbarrow?

The Underground's very own kasha
was forced to adopt the name Sasha.
To fill up her purse,
she became a nurse
to make all males' hearts get crusha.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:00 pm

Jamie appears to be an order-taking machine, rapidfire punching orders into the register and producing seemingly from nowhere pieces of paper with the orders on them and sticking them against a board on one wall of the kiosk in a neat row. If the orders start to get too much for Calli to handle alone, she teleports to another of the food stations and keeps things going, except that...she still seems to be at the register taking orders? What?

As the owner of the place, Ookalf might have been granted the knowledge that the food has a "transform-into-employee" function built in, intended to be triggered on anyone who tries to cheat their way into a free meal. As the highest company employee present (or anywhere, really, as the owner) she actually has control over whether this happens, and what specific transformations occur, and of course behind-the-counter workers aren't the only kind of employee a business like this could use.

The register makes a very distinct "CHUNK" sound and displays the word "FAKES!!!" on its front when a particular customer pays for his food with..counterfeit money? Given how many ridiculously different forms of currency are legal in Muffinville, this is kind of strange. But he already has a burger and is running off while eating it, trying to take advantage of the rush...
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kether » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:36 pm

*she looks to circe wondering what's next*
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Ookalf » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:19 pm

AmbushCat wrote:The Underground's very own kasha
was forced to adopt the name Sasha.
To fill up her purse,
she became a nurse
to make all males' hearts get crusha.

...I'm missing a reference here, aren't I?

AmbushCat wrote:Callista: Hey, I'm cute and they know it. :D

If you say so...

Whatevr89532 wrote:As the owner of the place, Ookalf might have been granted the knowledge that the food has a "transform-into-employee" function built in, intended to be triggered on anyone who tries to cheat their way into a free meal. As the highest company employee present (or anywhere, really, as the owner) she actually has control over whether this happens, and what specific transformations occur, and of course behind-the-counter workers aren't the only kind of employee a business like this could use.

The register makes a very distinct "CHUNK" sound and displays the word "FAKES!!!" on its front when a particular customer pays for his food with..counterfeit money? Given how many ridiculously different forms of currency are legal in Muffinville, this is kind of strange. But he already has a burger and is running off while eating it, trying to take advantage of the rush...

Hmm... *Ookalf watches as the man tries to run off.* Hey, you there! Come over here.

Kether wrote:*she looks to circe wondering what's next*

So... I don't suppose there's anything interesting you can do in this form?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:09 pm

Whatevr89532 wrote:Jamie appears to be an order-taking machine, rapidfire punching orders into the register and producing seemingly from nowhere pieces of paper with the orders on them and sticking them against a board on one wall of the kiosk in a neat row. If the orders start to get too much for Calli to handle alone, she teleports to another of the food stations and keeps things going, except that...she still seems to be at the register taking orders? What?

*Callista seems to be taking to the cooking and grilling rather nicely all around, moving at a speed and pace that she probably didn't have before. Every few seconds, she takes a sip from one of the bottles of soda in her shopping bag to keep herself cooled off, but all in all she seems like a fine employee. Now, if only she would stop belting out the lyrics to "Disco Inferno" and making references to someone called Burner Man...*

...I'm missing a reference here, aren't I?

Rin Kaenbyou. It's a Touhou thing.

Hmm... *Ookalf watches as the man tries to run off.* Hey, you there! Come over here.

Callista: *overhears the situation from her station* Good thing you brought me on after all. Anti-Shoplifter Measures, GO!

*A slight twitch of her head is the only tell that anyone receives. In the next second the man pitches forward onto the ground, his feet caught in Calli's telekinetic grip!*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Kether » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:20 pm

Ookalf wrote:So... I don't suppose there's anything interesting you can do in this form?

"medicines maybe?"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:27 pm

The would-be...counterfeiter? Thief? Whatever, anyway, being called at by Ookalf only seems to quicken his pace, at least until he gets teleke-tripped and falls, dramatically shouting a slow-motion "Nooooo" as the remaining half of his burger goes flying forward. He is actually falling and yelling 'no' in slow motion relative to everyone else. It's kind of fascinating. But anyway, he returns to normal speed after hitting the ground, and groans slightly in pain. At any rate, he's definitely eaten enough of the burger for the transformatives to work if Ookalf wants them to...

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:23 pm

AmbushCat wrote:Callista: *overhears the situation from her station* Good thing you brought me on after all. Anti-Shoplifter Measures, GO!

*A slight twitch of her head is the only tell that anyone receives. In the next second the man pitches forward onto the ground, his feet caught in Calli's telekinetic grip!*

Whatevr89532 wrote:The would-be...counterfeiter? Thief? Whatever, anyway, being called at by Ookalf only seems to quicken his pace, at least until he gets teleke-tripped and falls, dramatically shouting a slow-motion "Nooooo" as the remaining half of his burger goes flying forward. He is actually falling and yelling 'no' in slow motion relative to everyone else. It's kind of fascinating. But anyway, he returns to normal speed after hitting the ground, and groans slightly in pain. At any rate, he's definitely eaten enough of the burger for the transformatives to work if Ookalf wants them to...

...That works. Thanks, Callista! *Ookalf walks up to the thief.* Now, what to do with you...? Perhaps you'd be a good waitress?

AmbushCat wrote:Rin Kaenbyou. It's a Touhou thing.

Ah, I see.

Kether wrote:"medicines maybe?"

Right. Why don't you go try them out on someone?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:38 pm

Whatevr89532 wrote:The would-be...counterfeiter? Thief? Whatever, anyway, being called at by Ookalf only seems to quicken his pace, at least until he gets teleke-tripped and falls, dramatically shouting a slow-motion "Nooooo" as the remaining half of his burger goes flying forward. He is actually falling and yelling 'no' in slow motion relative to everyone else. It's kind of fascinating. But anyway, he returns to normal speed after hitting the ground, and groans slightly in pain. At any rate, he's definitely eaten enough of the burger for the transformatives to work if Ookalf wants them to...

Callista: And far be it to let the rest of that go to waste. *reclaims the burger with her telekinesis, hands Jamie some change for the register, and eats it herself*

...That works. Thanks, Callista!

Callista: *calls back* Sure. No sweat, boss!

Ah, I see.

*cat-grin* Such a good pupil, both of 'em.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:13 pm

"We have kind of a fast-food thing going on at the moment, so we'd need a shift of paradigm to make much sense of a waitress," calls Jamie. "I dunno about him working the kitchen, either, there might be such a thing as too many..." she stops herself from finishing that sentence with a bit of a shudder, the long-forgotten memory of a brief but annoying internet fad surfacing before being deliberately buried again.

Meanwhile, the man who ate half a burger looks up at Ookalf, apparently too stunned by, well, certainly something, to speak.

--

Marie finally shows back up, running eagerly back from the direction she came from and holding something behind her back with a right hand. When she gets close to Circe, she stops, panting about as rapidly as any dog can, and after a pause to catch her breath presents the dragon woman with her present, holding it sideways between her hands and up toward her Mistress. "Ta-dah!" It is a scepter almost as tall as the dog-girl is made out of pure gold, covered in symmetrical patterns of various gemstones along the shaft, with a big diamond set into the top. Circe's sense of magic will likely tell her it is completely mundane as far as enchantments and the like goes, not counting the natural magic-enhancing properties that perfectly normal precious materials are sometimes said to have.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kether » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:24 pm

*pulls out a needle and moves towards Circe*
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:34 pm

"We have kind of a fast-food thing going on at the moment, so we'd need a shift of paradigm to make much sense of a waitress," calls Jamie. "I dunno about him working the kitchen, either, there might be such a thing as too many..." she stops herself from finishing that sentence with a bit of a shudder, the long-forgotten memory of a brief but annoying internet fad surfacing before being deliberately buried again.

Callista: Just as well. I think he cut in line in front of me once at the theater. I can't work with people like that.

Kether wrote:*pulls out a needle and moves towards Circe*

*Still perched atop Circe's head, Ambush turns his head and spits a tiny energy beam at the needle.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:46 pm

*Circe leans back.* Try them out on someone who's not me.

Whatevr89532 wrote:Marie finally shows back up, running eagerly back from the direction she came from and holding something behind her back with a right hand. When she gets close to Circe, she stops, panting about as rapidly as any dog can, and after a pause to catch her breath presents the dragon woman with her present, holding it sideways between her hands and up toward her Mistress. "Ta-dah!" It is a scepter almost as tall as the dog-girl is made out of pure gold, covered in symmetrical patterns of various gemstones along the shaft, with a big diamond set into the top. Circe's sense of magic will likely tell her it is completely mundane as far as enchantments and the like goes, not counting the natural magic-enhancing properties that perfectly normal precious materials are sometimes said to have.

Well, that's certainly very pretty... Where'd you find it?

Whatevr89532 wrote:"We have kind of a fast-food thing going on at the moment, so we'd need a shift of paradigm to make much sense of a waitress," calls Jamie. "I dunno about him working the kitchen, either, there might be such a thing as too many..." she stops herself from finishing that sentence with a bit of a shudder, the long-forgotten memory of a brief but annoying internet fad surfacing before being deliberately buried again.

Meanwhile, the man who ate half a burger looks up at Ookalf, apparently too stunned by, well, certainly something, to speak.

True... Maybe we can send him out to advertise somewhere else?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kether » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:07 pm

Ookalf wrote:

*Circe leans back.* Try them out on someone who's not me.

Whatevr89532 wrote:Marie finally shows back up, running eagerly back from the direction she came from and holding something behind her back with a right hand. When she gets close to Circe, she stops, panting about as rapidly as any dog can, and after a pause to catch her breath presents the dragon woman with her present, holding it sideways between her hands and up toward her Mistress. "Ta-dah!" It is a scepter almost as tall as the dog-girl is made out of pure gold, covered in symmetrical patterns of various gemstones along the shaft, with a big diamond set into the top. Circe's sense of magic will likely tell her it is completely mundane as far as enchantments and the like goes, not counting the natural magic-enhancing properties that perfectly normal precious materials are sometimes said to have.

Well, that's certainly very pretty... Where'd you find it?

She moves towards marie with the needle

Whatevr89532 wrote:"We have kind of a fast-food thing going on at the moment, so we'd need a shift of paradigm to make much sense of a waitress," calls Jamie. "I dunno about him working the kitchen, either, there might be such a thing as too many..." she stops herself from finishing that sentence with a bit of a shudder, the long-forgotten memory of a brief but annoying internet fad surfacing before being deliberately buried again.

True... Maybe we can send him out to advertise somewhere else?

*Its not completely outside the realm of possibilities that they expand their setup other business opertunities? And the ribbon did sort of race queen ookalf so she could build something from there*
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:11 pm

"W-well uh, there's this store that sells shiny things over that way, and I went in and told them I worked for a dragon who might burn me up if I didn't bring any gold, and when they started asking questions I just gave them a look like," and at this point Marie pauses to give probably the most paralyzing puppy-dog eyes possible, "and they said I could have this!"

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse