Charms for the New Year

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Charms for the New Year

Postby shinryou » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:01 pm

In the middle of town a young foxgirl is setting up a stall. "I can't believe I missed the New Year" she said, a hint of panic in her voice, "Then again, it's not like anyone here observes tradition so strictly", she smiled, tail wagging in joy as she finished up the stall and sat down at it. The stall was rather clumsily put together and simple in design, a plain looking sign adorned it with the words:

"NEW YEARS CHARMS HERE! REINVENT YOURSELF FOR THE COMING YEAR"

As she finished up the young spirit set down several odd looking charms, "I wonder if giving away omamori is too old fashioned..." she muttered, waiting for anyone passing by.

(Been awhile, though it doesn't seem as active as it once was, I still want to hang out here again ^^; )
Character Sheet
Outline Absorber Deck: 16 cards
shinryou
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Re: Charms for the New Year

Postby Ookalf » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:41 pm

(Welcome back!)

*Ookalf spots the stall and stops by.* Wasn't New Year's a while ago?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Ryan5011 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:54 pm

"Oh hey, a kitsune." Arisu said rather cheerfully. "Been a while since I've seen one." Arisu said to no one in particular as she turned to Ookalf. "Yeah, New Years was a while ago...Though who cares! It's free gifts!...I think."
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Kether » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:29 am

"Its chinese new years, the Year of the Pony"
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Mystic Mina » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:51 am

Trevor probably could have taken just one charm. After all, he was a magnet for good luck (no he wasn't), so he really didn't need more than one anyway. But you know what?

The number one is for little baby men.

"Gimme gimme gimme." He yapped in a saintly voice filled with virtue as he swiped all the charms off the foxgirl's stand. "Your charms are MINE."
Mystic Mina
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Cece » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:57 am

Rachel, the red haired animagic witch, tries to bop Trevor over the head...
"don't be such a selfish pig, after all it's the year of the horse." She says and then tries to look over the selections of charms.

((Hurrah, I'm back now too))
Cece
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby shinryou » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:05 pm

Ookalf wrote:(Welcome back!)

*Ookalf spots the stall and stops by.* Wasn't New Year's a while ago?

The young kitsune rubbed the back of her head, "Aha, I forgot I was suppose to do this, sorry." she grinned, slightly embarrassed, "But even if it's late, please take one!"

Ryan5011 wrote:"Oh hey, a kitsune." Arisu said rather cheerfully. "Been a while since I've seen one." Arisu said to no one in particular as she turned to Ookalf. "Yeah, New Years was a while ago...Though who cares! It's free gifts!...I think."

"Yep, it's one hundred percent free, no excess charges or extra fees!" Shizune exclaimed

Kether wrote:"Its chinese new years, the Year of the Pony"

Shizune nodded, "Yep, though I'm fairly sure I'm late for that as well..."

Nephilim wrote:Trevor probably could have taken just one charm. After all, he was a magnet for good luck (no he wasn't), so he really didn't need more than one anyway. But you know what?

The number one is for little baby men.

"Gimme gimme gimme." He yapped in a saintly voice filled with virtue as he swiped all the charms off the foxgirl's stand. "Your charms are MINE."

Cece wrote:Rachel, the red haired animagic witch, tries to bop Trevor over the head...
"don't be such a selfish pig, after all it's the year of the horse." She says and then tries to look over the selections of charms.

((Hurrah, I'm back now too))

For a rare moment Shizune's expression changed to be a little more serious and unnerving, "I don't mind if you take more than one but I wouldn't recommend it... I won't be responsible for the consequences..." immediately after this she grinned, her expression returning to normal, "So, everyone please just take one!"
Character Sheet
shinryou
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ryan5011 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:17 pm

Arisu snatches one of the several charms Trevor had grabbed. "Well, if you don't want people taking more than one, I'll just grab one he already took." Arisu said aloud, primarily towards Shizune all while she looked over the details of the charm.
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:32 am

shinryou wrote:The young kitsune rubbed the back of her head, "Aha, I forgot I was suppose to do this, sorry." she grinned, slightly embarrassed, "But even if it's late, please take one!"

OK, sure... *Seeing Trevor's rudeness, Ookalf follows Arisu's lead and takes one of his charms. And hey, from the sound of things, it's for his own good!*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Blaze » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:10 am

"Shizune?"

Jean walks on by, carrying a brown paper bag loaded with groceries. Upon recognizing the foxgirl, she beams and runs over!

"It IS you! Where have you been? How have you been?"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Cece » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:54 am

"Why thank you miss" Rachel says and also takes one of the charms from Trevor as well.
Cece
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Mystic Mina » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:26 am

"OH GOD." Trevor shouted to no one in particular while shaking a raised fist. "These kids are after me Lucky Charms. There is only one solution to this predicament."

The man took his remaining charms, about three, and ate them up.

"Mmmmm, they're magically deliciou- Actually, ick. What have I done. What have I DONE? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO."
Mystic Mina
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Kether » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:17 am

"Nope the celebrations for the Year of hte Pony end on the 15th"
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby shinryou » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:11 pm

Ryan5011 wrote:Arisu snatches one of the several charms Trevor had grabbed. "Well, if you don't want people taking more than one, I'll just grab one he already took." Arisu said aloud, primarily towards Shizune all while she looked over the details of the charm.

The charm Arisu grabbed was white in colour and had foreign characters written on it. Strangely enough, those characters she couldn't read began to warp and slowly form letters that were easy for her to comprehend. The words simply read "Protection from evil". After reading this, Arisu would begin to feel a little lightheaded as the charm emitted a faint glow.

Ookalf wrote:OK, sure... *Seeing Trevor's rudeness, Ookalf follows Arisu's lead and takes one of his charms. And hey, from the sound of things, it's for his own good!*

Ookalf's charm was more ornate than the others that Trevor had, featuring an other worldly language written in gold text. The text swirled on the charm before the word "Wealth" was printed clearly on it in the same gold font. The charm let out a bright flash blinding Ookalf and overwhelming him with an almost painful sensation all over his being.

Blaze wrote:"Shizune?"

Jean walks on by, carrying a brown paper bag loaded with groceries. Upon recognizing the foxgirl, she beams and runs over!

"It IS you! Where have you been? How have you been?"

"J-jean!" the foxgirl forced a reply, clearly flustered, "Umm, I'm sorry for disappearing... I'm been okay." Her ears drooped down, clearly a little sad. "I've been wondering around and learning a lot about the world. It is a little inconvenient to travel without Kazuya's power but it's been fine..." she looked up at the familiar face, "So how are Blaze and the others?" she said, both curious but at the same time a little afraid of being scolded by Okuni should they meet face to face again.

Cece wrote:"Why thank you miss" Rachel says and also takes one of the charms from Trevor as well.

Having collected a charm of her own, Rachel notes that the charm carries a grey, almost silver colour. The black text written on it change from an incomprehensible language into her own, the words "prosperity in business" appearing on it. The charm glows faintly, and Rachel finds herself unable to look away from it.

Nephilim wrote:"OH GOD." Trevor shouted to no one in particular while shaking a raised fist. "These kids are after me Lucky Charms. There is only one solution to this predicament."

The man took his remaining charms, about three, and ate them up.

"Mmmmm, they're magically deliciou- Actually, ick. What have I done. What have I DONE? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO."

The young kitsune sighed, "I've traveled millions of dimensions and adventured in countless timelines in my past life, and yet I haven't met many as stupid as you." she muttered, making an expression much unlike her own and more like Kazuya's, "Fortunately for you, the charms won't do anything when consumed... though you may start feeling rather ill for awhile..." as the foxgirl finished her explanation, Trevor would feel an unpleasant feeling in his stomach, like fire was trying to burst out of him.

Kether wrote:"Nope the celebrations for the Year of hte Pony end on the 15th"

"Well that's a relief!" Shizune stated, "So, can I help you with anything?"
Character Sheet
shinryou
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:26 pm

shinryou wrote:Ookalf's charm was more ornate than the others that Trevor had, featuring an other worldly language written in gold text. The text swirled on the charm before the word "Wealth" was printed clearly on it in the same gold font. The charm let out a bright flash blinding Ookalf and overwhelming him with an almost painful sensation all over his being.

Huh...? Gah! *Ookalf shields his eyes with one arm.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Next

Return to the Muffinverse