Mistaken Identity: Enter Midori

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Mistaken Identity: Enter Midori

Postby muffinstud » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:59 pm

Untouched by the nastiness, the girl nods as she straightens out her kimono. It was already straight, but she looks a bit calmer afterwards. She looks to the mage and the fallen, bloody body of the beast and gasps. "You killed the monster? You must be very strong..."
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Feng » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:03 pm

"Knocked it out, actually," says the mage, grinning sheepishly. "But yeah, in my business you have to be tough to get anywhere. No room for weakness in the field of Blue Magiks!"

He dusts himself off and glances at the dissolving beast.

"Man this new technique must pack quite a wallop to be able to defeat a fully grown Owl Bear in a single blow!"
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:15 pm

"Yes... very powerful." The girl reaches into her sleeve and pulls out the note before looking up at the mage again. With a blush, she steps forward. "Umm... pardon the question, but... how rich are you?"
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Feng » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:18 pm

The mage head tilts, a look of confusion apparent on his face.

"Uhhhhhhh...." he stammers, catching his sliding hat before it falls off. "Why do you ask? For the matter, who is asking anyways? You're not trying to sell me a time share are you?" @.@
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:32 pm

The girl crinkles her eyebrows. "A share of Time? No, I don't have any of those."
She folds the note back up and slips it in her sleeve. "I am Fukui Midori, and I was sent here to find someone. I believe it is you, but I am not sure quite yet." She grimaces and a small laugh dies in her teeth. "My note told me to find the richest, most powerful, most handsome man in this park." She blushes. "So... I need to know if you are rich or not..."
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Feng » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:36 pm

"I see...." says the mage, not sure whether to be confused that some strange girl was looking for him, or flattered that she considered him handsome. >///>

"Er.... I guess you could say that my job provides for a relatively comfortable lifestyle? Tell me Miss, er, Midori.... How may I be of service to you?" ^^ll
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:43 pm

"Hmm... You have fancy clothes and a cane and believe that to be moderate..." She nods. Immediately after, she lowers to her knees, sitting on her feet. "I am to be your humble servant, Master." The capital M on master is pretty audible. Kneeling as she is, she bows, prostrating herself in front of him. "Please accept my humble offering."
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Feng » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:52 pm

"M-m-master!?!" stammers the mage, an expression of shock with an equal measure of surprise and alarm mixed into his expression. Just who was this curiously clad weirdo anyways?
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:42 pm

The girl raises her head a little, still prone. "Yes, you are to be my master." She bites her lip as she looks up at him. "Am I... not good enough for you? Please, tell me how I may improve so that I will meet your standards!" She trembles as she keeps herself as low as she can.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Feng » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:47 pm

The mage blushes as he extends a hand down to the prostate girl.

"There's no need for that," he says, blushing scarlet as he tries to encourage her to her feet. "Please...."

With his free hand he nervously rubs the back of his head. Just what did he get himself into THIS time?
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:22 pm

Midori slowly gets to her feet, but not before she gives a deep bow. "But how am I to show you the proper respect?" She still looks very troubled. "Being a dutiful servant... it's all I know."
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Feng » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:30 pm

"There's no need to be all showy though" grimaces the mage, still unsure of what to make of the situation.

He taps his chin.

"Er... Why do you think I'm your master anyways?" ^^ll
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:38 pm

She pulls the note from her sleeve and hands it to the mage. On it are directions to the park, and instructions to look for the man she described earlier. It's all fairly straightforward, but there is no name mentioned. Just... a little smudge on the bottom of the note, shaped like a little cartoon bone.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Feng » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:43 pm

The mage pulls out his reading glasses, giving the list a read over half-a-dozen times before returning the note with a defeated sigh.

"So.... You say you're supposed to be my servant right? I hate to say it, but I have no need for one at this moment."
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:48 pm

The girl blinks. "No... need? But..." She looks to the half-dissolved monster not too far away. "I helped you. I distracted it so you could defeat the monster and protect those people. I'm useful..." She looks him in the eye... lip trembling and giving him the sad, puppy-dog eyes. "There must be something I could do for you..."
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse