Unguarded Potions

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Unguarded Potions

Postby Legendary Hawk » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:33 pm

After following her nose for a few minutes (or, forever, from her hungry perspective), Kent winds up at a rather small restaurant with a chimney billowing delicious smoke. The scent of meat is at least a hundred times stronger than it was before, and the wolf-girl finds herself salivating at the idea of eating.

"I want fooooood," she whimpers to herself, as she claws at the restaurant's front door. Finally she pushes it to let herself in.

((Sorry for my absence))
Legendary Hawk
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:29 pm

Kumi-chan wrote:K smiles at the fox girl. "Greetings cutie. How might I help you?" K nods, approving of her well, appearance. He crossing his arms leaning back against nothing, seems pretty typical for him to be like that.

"Well, I was wondering if you might be interested in a small wager...or a magic trick, perhaps?" She smiles sweetly, producing a coin that seems to have actually been in her left hand before she walked up.

Ookalf wrote:...Whoa. *Ookalf blinks, considering the potion and the weird feeling he just had. After a moment, he decides it's not exactly hurting anything and continues drinking.*

The feeling returns when he swallows more of the potion, and it's very..nice. It's sort of addicting, like he finds himself wondering how great it would be to feel so..serene..all the time. He also starts to shrink a little bit this time, getting a little bit shorter and thinner by the moment. His clothes shift sizes with him, which causes them to move around a little bit, but still fit just the same on him.

Legendary Hawk wrote:After following her nose for a few minutes (or, forever, from her hungry perspective), Kent winds up at a rather small restaurant with a chimney billowing delicious smoke. The scent of meat is at least a hundred times stronger than it was before, and the wolf-girl finds herself salivating at the idea of eating.

"I want fooooood," she whimpers to herself, as she claws at the restaurant's front door. Finally she pushes it to let herself in.

((Sorry for my absence))

The place smells about as good on the inside as it did outside. There are a few people eating, and a sign near the entrance that says "Please Seat Yourself". There are a couple of booths open, and some tables. Depending on whether the wolf-girl is thinking clearly, it might occur to her that sitting facing forward in a booth will be difficult, but the chairs at the tables have some space between the seat and back cushions. If this isn't thought of ahead of time, it will of course become clear on trying to sit at a booth...

((You're quite all right, no worries.))
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:37 pm

Melanie tilted her head as she heard the distant sounds, and frowned when it became apparent nobody else had heard them.

"Kether... stay here, encourage people to try the potions... ", she said before she grasped her staff in both hands and began running off down the street towards the sound of the screaming.

Elliot clapped her hands together in delight when the waiter brought out her food. Eagerly, she pushed herself up so she was kneeling upon her chair, and then leaned over the plate, her tail swishing excitedly behind her, again lifting up her skirt as she began eating straight from the plate itself!
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Kumi-chan » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:48 pm

K grins, he tends to be amused by such things. "Perhaps I would be. What such wager would you be interested in cutie?" K peers at the coin, a kitsune tail of his seems to have appeared to block any odd effects the girl or coin might try to bring about.
Kumi-chan
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Kether » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:37 pm

Harri-chan wrote:Melanie tilted her head as she heard the distant sounds, and frowned when it became apparent nobody else had heard them.

"Kether... stay here, encourage people to try the potions... ", she said before she grasped her staff in both hands and began running off down the street towards the sound of the screaming.

!

She looks around noticing that everyone seems to already be involved with the cart.
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:05 am

Harri-chan wrote:Melanie tilted her head as she heard the distant sounds, and frowned when it became apparent nobody else had heard them.

Some more crashing and yelling starts up after a brief pause. The sounds grow louder and clearer as she gets closer; there are a few sounds like logging equipment running and lasers being shot. It may occur to Melanie she can totally summon a pair of lightning orbs under her feet and fly or skate around on them faster than she's running...but flying up high would be problematic given her clothing.

Harri-chan wrote:Elliot clapped her hands together in delight when the waiter brought out her food. Eagerly, she pushed herself up so she was kneeling upon her chair, and then leaned over the plate, her tail swishing excitedly behind her, again lifting up her skirt as she began eating straight from the plate itself!

This proves slightly difficult as only the shrimp appetizer has arrived, and it was placed nearer the middle of the table..but the effort is successful, and the guy grins, watching her do this. The shrimp is delicious, and smells the same. A few of the people around notice her doing this, but for some reason seem to have about the same mild, pleasant reaction the guy's having; point is that nobody chastises her or anything. Something tells Elliot this isn't quite normal, but hey, delicious shrimp, right?

Kumi-chan wrote:K grins, he tends to be amused by such things. "Perhaps I would be. What such wager would you be interested in cutie?" K peers at the coin, a kitsune tail of his seems to have appeared to block any odd effects the girl or coin might try to bring about.

"I dunno..maybe you'd like to start small?" she says, playing around with the coin. "Say..five dollars on a coin toss, you call it?" She slowly rolls it across her knuckles.
If K's powers tell him anything about what's being warded, they would inform him that absolutely nothing is being warded from the girl. The coin is 100% mundane, and has a clearly marked heads and tails.

Kether wrote:She looks around noticing that everyone seems to already be involved with the cart.

If the "leader" is running toward some kind of trouble or combat, it would be Kether's "duty" to help her. But that wasn't made clear, so it's up to her whether to follow or stay. And..there are a few pedestrians around who just seem to be passing by, actively ignoring the cart and everyone who's taken a potion from it.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kether » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:26 am

Whatevr89532 wrote:

Some more crashing and yelling starts up after a brief pause. The sounds grow louder and clearer as she gets closer; there are a few sounds like logging equipment running and lasers being shot. It may occur to Melanie she can totally summon a pair of lightning orbs under her feet and fly or skate around on them faster than she's running...but flying up high would be problematic given her clothing.

Kether wrote:She looks around noticing that everyone seems to already be involved with the cart.

If the "leader" is running toward some kind of trouble or combat, it would be Kether's "duty" to help her. But that wasn't made clear, so it's up to her whether to follow or stay. And..there are a few pedestrians around who just seem to be passing by, actively ignoring the cart and everyone who's taken a potion from it.

*She quickly comes to a solution, force feeding the pedestrials with the blinding speed of mechanical prescison THEN following Melanie*
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Ookalf » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:48 pm

Whatevr89532 wrote:The feeling returns when he swallows more of the potion, and it's very..nice. It's sort of addicting, like he finds himself wondering how great it would be to feel so..serene..all the time. He also starts to shrink a little bit this time, getting a little bit shorter and thinner by the moment. His clothes shift sizes with him, which causes them to move around a little bit, but still fit just the same on him.

Mm... Huh? *Still a little dazed from the drink, it takes Ookalf a moment to notice the changes he and his clothes are going through.* That's not normal... Uh, K? *Ookalf finds himself idly taking another drink from the potion as he tries to get K's attention.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Maiden Miki » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:07 am

Whatevr89532 wrote:The part goes from being relatively simple to increasingly complex, yet the catgirl seems to be having no trouble with it at all. The guitar has the melody, and as she continues to play some of the pedestrians around start to notice, some of them even stopping to listen. A small crowd of new fans starts to form.

The girl continues to play and as it got harder, she felt much more excited. It didn't even stop her as she plays the tune in her mind. She notice the people coming around her to listen but she just made sure to make the song great.

"Come along everybody!" said the girl as she played her tune and began to rock her head a bit to the music.
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Location: Luffy is punching me in the face, while Eneru is laughing about it

Postby Kumi-chan » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:01 am

K just chuckles to himself. "Fine then. Sounds like a plan to me." K grins and his kitsune tail sways behind him a bit.
Kumi-chan
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:38 pm

Ookalf wrote:Mm... Huh? *Still a little dazed from the drink, it takes Ookalf a moment to notice the changes he and his clothes are going through.* That's not normal... Uh, K? *Ookalf finds himself idly taking another drink from the potion as he tries to get K's attention.*

The shrinking is continuous, but slow; when he notices it his perspective has barely moved down a half an inch. His hair, meanwhile, starts to grow out a little bit, and his ears stretch out and grow slightly, the upper tips becoming sharper, sort of like elf ears. The colors of his shirt start to wash out, the black becoming increasingly brighter grays. The serene feeling comes back..maybe stronger than ever, but that doesn't seem quite the right word for it as the feeling itself is the complete opposite of strong. It doesn't encourage him to 'accept' the shifting of his body, but at the same time the feeling of detachment makes it seem like far less of a big deal.

K, meanwhile, seems to be busy with some kind of fox girl..and now she's flipping a coin.

Kumi-chan wrote:K just chuckles to himself. "Fine then. Sounds like a plan to me." K grins and his kitsune tail sways behind him a bit.

She flips the coin effortlessly around onto a thumb. "All right, call it!" she says, and flips it up in the air immediately..presumably expecting a response in mid-flip.

Maiden Miki wrote:The girl continues to play and as it got harder, she felt much more excited. It didn't even stop her as she plays the tune in her mind. She notice the people coming around her to listen but she just made sure to make the song great.

"Come along everybody!" said the girl as she played her tune and began to rock her head a bit to the music.

The music picks up in intensity, the guitar part in particular becoming blazingly fast..yet it isn't tiring to the catgirl at all. If anything, it feels as if the music's energy is flowing into her. The growing crowd can clearly feel the energy as well, most of them unable to stay still..but she in particular feels like she might be able to control it somehow. Make something happen if she wants. But it isn't clear exactly what it can do.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kumi-chan » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:55 pm

"Green apples. Gray oceans. Brown bananas. Teal eggs. Ohh and tails." K spouts some random nonsense. As he tends to do at times.
Kumi-chan
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Ookalf » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:10 pm

Whatevr89532 wrote:The shrinking is continuous, but slow; when he notices it his perspective has barely moved down a half an inch. His hair, meanwhile, starts to grow out a little bit, and his ears stretch out and grow slightly, the upper tips becoming sharper, sort of like elf ears. The colors of his shirt start to wash out, the black becoming increasingly brighter grays. The serene feeling comes back..maybe stronger than ever, but that doesn't seem quite the right word for it as the feeling itself is the complete opposite of strong. It doesn't encourage him to 'accept' the shifting of his body, but at the same time the feeling of detachment makes it seem like far less of a big deal.

K, meanwhile, seems to be busy with some kind of fox girl..and now she's flipping a coin.

...Or, if you're busy, that's cool too. I can wait. *Ookalf sits back and lets K and the fox do their thing, briefly glancing at the bottle in his hand to see how much potion's left.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kumi-chan » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:42 am

"Ohh yes. It is perfectly fine. Don't worry about it." K nods to Ookalf.
Kumi-chan
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Ryan5011 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:03 pm

Ryan walks up to the cart of potions, a look of curiosity as he glances around the place. "Hmm...Might I ask what's exactly going on? These 'drinks' seem interesting, with all the different colors and all that."
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse