Unguarded Potions

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Unguarded Potions

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:52 pm

Kumi-chan wrote:"Green apples. Gray oceans. Brown bananas. Teal eggs. Ohh and tails." K spouts some random nonsense. As he tends to do at times.

The coin goes up and down as K talks, until the fox-girl catches it with a slight flourish into an open, face-up right palm. And..it's tails!

"Hm..no luck for me today, I suppose," she says, her tone of voice neutral: Not enthusiastic but not especially sad, either. She produces, as if from a left pocket that doesn't appear to be on her dress, a five-dollar bill and offers it to him. The bill doesn't set off his tail alarm if that's a thing.

If or while he takes that, she examines the coin while playing with it as if expecting it to talk back. "Maybe the stakes just weren't interesting enough for lady luck..hmm.."

Ookalf wrote:...Or, if you're busy, that's cool too. I can wait. *Ookalf sits back and lets K and the fox do their thing, briefly glancing at the bottle in his hand to see how much potion's left.*

The potion is a little more than half-full, maybe. It wasn't completely full to begin with, and the container's shape has more width toward the bottom, but the top of the liquid is a little beneath the vertical center of the bottle.

Ookalf's ears start to grow bigger and taller, and a little bit of fuzz forms on them, which tickles his hair a bit with the upward motion of the growth. His shrinking continues, now at different rates for different parts of his body, causing a change of proportions. Particularly, his arms and stomach start to look pretty skinny, his hips stop shrinking altogether, and his legs are a bit longer in relation to his torso. As far his clothes go, they're mostly unchanged, but his shirt has washed out to just being pure gray, a little on the lighter side.

And then, the changes stop. The serene feeling starts fading off, but much more slowly than the sudden jolt out of it before. Creeping in with the loss of that feeling is something of an unidentifiable discomfort. If he tries to examine it, the thing that comes to mind as its source is the idea that his body isn't quite right.

Ryan5011 wrote:Ryan walks up to the cart of potions, a look of curiosity as he glances around the place. "Hmm...Might I ask what's exactly going on? These 'drinks' seem interesting, with all the different colors and all that."

Some of the people around seem rather busy choking, as if they had all just been force-fed something, with some odd mild changes coming to their appearance. The calmer people around include a guy and a fox-girl who are apparently exchanging currency over some kind of coin-toss game, and another guy who looks really mellow, despite visibly losing height a little bit at a time.

But there might not be time to take all of that in before Ryan's shadow suddenly seems to move around on its own, and then a black form something like a dark silhouette of a man against a bright light rises up out of it. "It seems to me these drinks are free," he says, moving so that he is no longer standing in Ryan's shadow. "With no owner or guard to see..."
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ryan5011 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:21 pm

(Oh yeah, I do still remember that bit at the end of the first post Whatevr, and since you don't really know me much, only having commented on your captions once or twice, and not having done much on the forums, I'll just let ya know I'm open to most TFs, even inanimate and full animal [physical anyways]. The only one I really dislike now is age progression xD So let your imagination run wild xP)

Ryan looked at the silhouette of a man appear next. "Free? I dunno." Ryan said to himself and the silhouette. Grabbing something free was tempting on it's own, but the colors of the drinks were strange. Normally, he would have waited a bit, to see if the potions were dangerous, but he was too thirsty, and curious, so he grabbed one at random with his eyes closed, uncorked the potion, and began drinking it before even checking the color!
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:48 pm

Kumi-chan wrote:"Ohh yes. It is perfectly fine. Don't worry about it." K nods to Ookalf.

Whatevr89532 wrote:The potion is a little more than half-full, maybe. It wasn't completely full to begin with, and the container's shape has more width toward the bottom, but the top of the liquid is a little beneath the vertical center of the bottle.

Ookalf's ears start to grow bigger and taller, and a little bit of fuzz forms on them, which tickles his hair a bit with the upward motion of the growth. His shrinking continues, now at different rates for different parts of his body, causing a change of proportions. Particularly, his arms and stomach start to look pretty skinny, his hips stop shrinking altogether, and his legs are a bit longer in relation to his torso. As far his clothes go, they're mostly unchanged, but his shirt has washed out to just being pure gray, a little on the lighter side.

And then, the changes stop. The serene feeling starts fading off, but much more slowly than the sudden jolt out of it before. Creeping in with the loss of that feeling is something of an unidentifiable discomfort. If he tries to examine it, the thing that comes to mind as its source is the idea that his body isn't quite right.

Oh... Are you sure? Something kind of seems a bit off... *Ookalf pokes at his ears.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kumi-chan » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:10 pm

"Well, everything seems find to me, Ookalf. What could possibly be wrong?" K smiles a bit. He going back to the fox girl smiling. "what did you have in mind then cutie?" K's tail swishing behind him a bit.
Kumi-chan
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Ookalf » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:11 pm

Kumi-chan wrote:"Well, everything seems find to me, Ookalf. What could possibly be wrong?" K smiles a bit.

Umm... Something about how I look, I think?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kumi-chan » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:31 pm

"What's wrong with how you look? Ohh wait! I know! Did a face hugger jump onto your face when I wasn't looking?" K smiles jokingly.
Kumi-chan
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Ookalf » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:46 pm

Ah, no, nothing like that... But, I guess if you don't see anything it's probably all fine. *Ookalf considers the potion for a moment, then takes another drink.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:20 am

Ryan5011 wrote:(Oh yeah, I do still remember that bit at the end of the first post Whatevr, and since you don't really know me much, only having commented on your captions once or twice, and not having done much on the forums, I'll just let ya know I'm open to most TFs, even inanimate and full animal [physical anyways]. The only one I really dislike now is age progression xD So let your imagination run wild xP)

Ryan looked at the silhouette of a man appear next. "Free? I dunno." Ryan said to himself and the silhouette. Grabbing something free was tempting on it's own, but the colors of the drinks were strange. Normally, he would have waited a bit, to see if the potions were dangerous, but he was too thirsty, and curious, so he grabbed one at random with his eyes closed, uncorked the potion, and began drinking it before even checking the color!

The strange being from Ryan's shadow seems to disappear as quickly as it appeared, but a deep, hollow chuckle may be heard somewhere nearby.

The potion tastes of saltwater fish..but very good saltwater fish, with maybe a side of well-prepared vegetables. It's kind of weird to taste something like the content of a dinner plate in all-at-once liquid form, but somehow it still tastes pretty good overall.

As soon as he's swallowed the first bit of it, Ryan can feel something growing out from his lower back, practically popping out for how quickly it grows. It's a very long, thin tail covered in fur which is green toward the base and white at the tip, fading between the two colors along its length. And it twitches around all on its own. Then his ears both pop up at the same time, each one growing out in less than a second to a big, triangular shape and being covered all at once in fur. Like the tail, their fur is green near where they connect to his head, and white at the tips, with the color fading between the two in the middle.

There is a pause in the changes after that. He feels an unaccountable eagerness building, as if he's waiting for some exciting thing he knows is just about to happen...any second now...

Kumi-chan wrote:"Well, everything seems find to me, Ookalf. What could possibly be wrong?" K smiles a bit. He going back to the fox girl smiling. "what did you have in mind then cutie?" K's tail swishing behind him a bit.

"Hm.." she puts a finger to her mouth in thought for a second or two, before idly pointing at the cart of potions behind her. "You know those potions are awful, or at least unpredictable..right? If you lose, you drink one. And if I lose..hm..any suggestions for that?"

((I'm presuming K took the cash at some point))

Ookalf wrote:Ah, no, nothing like that... But, I guess if you don't see anything it's probably all fine. *Ookalf considers the potion for a moment, then takes another drink.*

The peaceful feeling returns; it feels natural and proper, like this is the way he was meant to feel. His hair grows out again, just a little bit before stopping short of his shoulders, and darkens to a black shade. The slow, disproportionate shrinking returns, emphasizing the changes that began before. His shirt's color fades toward increasingly brighter shades, except for the collar, which grows bigger and turns a darker shade. His underwear shrinks a little tighter between his legs, and his jeans start to get shorter, the material softening to a more cloth-like texture. The ears resume growing, the fuzz becoming thicker and a little longer, mostly the same dark shade as his hair except for some white fuzz in the inner ears. And some kind of flexible appendage grows out from his lower back. It starts to move around a little on its own, but it's growing slowly, and it's still very short for the moment.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ryan5011 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:09 am

Whatevr89532 wrote:The strange being from Ryan's shadow seems to disappear as quickly as it appeared, but a deep, hollow chuckle may be heard somewhere nearby.

The potion tastes of saltwater fish..but very good saltwater fish, with maybe a side of well-prepared vegetables. It's kind of weird to taste something like the content of a dinner plate in all-at-once liquid form, but somehow it still tastes pretty good overall.

As soon as he's swallowed the first bit of it, Ryan can feel something growing out from his lower back, practically popping out for how quickly it grows. It's a very long, thin tail covered in fur which is green toward the base and white at the tip, fading between the two colors along its length. And it twitches around all on its own. Then his ears both pop up at the same time, each one growing out in less than a second to a big, triangular shape and being covered all at once in fur. Like the tail, their fur is green near where they connect to his head, and white at the tips, with the color fading between the two in the middle.

There is a pause in the changes after that. He feels an unaccountable eagerness building, as if he's waiting for some exciting thing he knows is just about to happen...any second now...

Ryan had felt a tail grow out, but before he even had the chance to check it, he felt his ears move up, quickly at that. It gave his head a rather weird feeling as it happened. He didn't even bother to check the tail after that, or his ears, he was just eager to know what he just drank is doing, and he was also eager about something else, but he couldn't tell what exactly, he just felt that it would happen soon, which made him smile. Ryan decided to drink some more of the potion should he have left any of it after the initial drink, all while wondering what could happen in the next few moments of the day.
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Kumi-chan » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:28 am

K smirks, his tail taking the money as she thinks. He laughs a bit. "Of course I realized that while being a silent observer. However, I am not sure if I should get involved on that level. Of course the trickster part of me is saying hell yeah. And also saying cute fox girl." K smiles at her nodding. "How about this? I win you'll go get lunch with me. Ohh yes, my name is K. And what is your's cutie?"
Kumi-chan
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Ookalf » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:50 pm

Whatevr89532 wrote:The peaceful feeling returns; it feels natural and proper, like this is the way he was meant to feel. His hair grows out again, just a little bit before stopping short of his shoulders, and darkens to a black shade. The slow, disproportionate shrinking returns, emphasizing the changes that began before. His shirt's color fades toward increasingly brighter shades, except for the collar, which grows bigger and turns a darker shade. His underwear shrinks a little tighter between his legs, and his jeans start to get shorter, the material softening to a more cloth-like texture. The ears resume growing, the fuzz becoming thicker and a little longer, mostly the same dark shade as his hair except for some white fuzz in the inner ears. And some kind of flexible appendage grows out from his lower back. It starts to move around a little on its own, but it's growing slowly, and it's still very short for the moment.

Mm, yeah... I guess this should be fine after all. *Ookalf nods and keeps drinking, not particularly caring about the changes at the moment.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:15 pm

Ryan5011 wrote:Ryan had felt a tail grow out, but before he even had the chance to check it, he felt his ears move up, quickly at that. It gave his head a rather weird feeling as it happened. He didn't even bother to check the tail after that, or his ears, he was just eager to know what he just drank is doing, and he was also eager about something else, but he couldn't tell what exactly, he just felt that it would happen soon, which made him smile. Ryan decided to drink some more of the potion should he have left any of it after the initial drink, all while wondering what could happen in the next few moments of the day.

Ryan's eagerness seems to make him drink a lot of the potion pretty quickly, leaving only a bit left when the metaphorical dams seem to burst and something else finally happens. Or rather, a lot of things happen pretty rapidly! His hair grows out a bit, on the shoulders with a couple of matching locks on the sides of the front going past that, and then it all suddenly turns the same vibrant green as the bases of his ears and tail. His body starts shrinking all at once, and so do his clothes; his perspective sails downward all at once along with a strange squeezing sensation on his arms, legs, stomach and face, making them all slimmer and smaller and the face rounder in shape, but leaving the legs a bit longer by proportion to his torso. His skin tingles for a few seconds, too, and most of his body hair pulls in, leaving his skin much smoother and a bit pale-looking. Soon a lot more of that skin is showing, as his pants suddenly seem to roll up past his knees to the thighs and even a little above that, turning into tight blue shorts, and his shirt and hoodie merge into one bright orange turtleneck with a closed zipper all the way down the middle before suddenly cutting off the sleeves into separate bits of cloth, showing off the sides of his shoulders and underarms. The top pulls tight against a slight inward curve of his stomach, but seems sort of loose at the chest; his hips seem a bit wider, especially in comparison to the stomach, and the tops of his legs are more spread out than before, but he isn't having any trouble balancing; the shorts are pretty tight, and they and his underwear both seem a bit uncomfortable between the legs.

Everything pauses again after that rapid jolt of changes, and all of a sudden he feels excited, full of energy, ready to take on anything! But a bit awkward. If he speaks, his voice is kind of high and cracking-prone, like a younger guy going through puberty and trying to talk in a deeper voice than he's quite capable of yet.

There's still just a little bit of that potion left..

Kumi-chan wrote:K smirks, his tail taking the money as she thinks. He laughs a bit. "Of course I realized that while being a silent observer. However, I am not sure if I should get involved on that level. Of course the trickster part of me is saying hell yeah. And also saying cute fox girl." K smiles at her nodding. "How about this? I win you'll go get lunch with me. Ohh yes, my name is K. And what is your's cutie?"

She looks thoughtful for a second or two, before grinning again and saying, "..Call me Amirah. I'm willing to accept your terms." She starts flipping and catching the coin idly, apparently unable to just keep still with it..that said, it's a move so well-practiced as to make it look easy. "It doesn't have to be on a coin toss, though, if there's some other game of chance you prefer."

Ookalf wrote:Mm, yeah... I guess this should be fine after all. *Ookalf nods and keeps drinking, not particularly caring about the changes at the moment.*

The drink seems to run dry before Ookalf even knows it..but it's not like that's a big deal or anything. The slow shifting of his body's shape pauses, followed by a mild shift between his legs, a very understated feeling given that it signals his change into a girl, and an equally mild push from her chest into a small bra that..probably wasn't there before? The shapes of two small breasts appear under the shirt, which is now fully white, and a red tie wraps itself around the collar even as it sinks down a bit to show slightly more of Ookalf's neckline. The shrinking pants spread out into a skirt and stop shrinking about at the thighs, and then the rider belt around them seems to pull apart from the back and fall off. Ookalf, oddly, seems to have extremely good reflexes, good enough to catch the belt before it hits the ground if she wants. It turns into a long cream-colored umbrella with a black pole so rapidly that it would have finished before it hit the ground, either way. Her ears finally finish growing in size, and the appendage from her back has quietly grown out to almost the length of an arm during the other changes, and is now covered in thick, bright fur with a gray tip.

Ookalf feels rather..pleasant still. As if the serenity from before has become internal and relatively permanent. And even though the belt is an umbrella now, there still seems to be some kind of power held or perhaps focused in it..it's not clear exactly what without some experimenting, though.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ryan5011 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:08 pm

(I love the pic used for Ookalf but...I find it odd that it's a render, with all the shadows on it xD)

Whatevr89532 wrote:Ryan's eagerness seems to make him drink a lot of the potion pretty quickly, leaving only a bit left when the metaphorical dams seem to burst and something else finally happens. Or rather, a lot of things happen pretty rapidly! His hair grows out a bit, on the shoulders with a couple of matching locks on the sides of the front going past that, and then it all suddenly turns the same vibrant green as the bases of his ears and tail. His body starts shrinking all at once, and so do his clothes; his perspective sails downward all at once along with a strange squeezing sensation on his arms, legs, stomach and face, making them all slimmer and smaller and the face rounder in shape, but leaving the legs a bit longer by proportion to his torso. His skin tingles for a few seconds, too, and most of his body hair pulls in, leaving his skin much smoother and a bit pale-looking. Soon a lot more of that skin is showing, as his pants suddenly seem to roll up past his knees to the thighs and even a little above that, turning into tight blue shorts, and his shirt and hoodie merge into one bright orange turtleneck with a closed zipper all the way down the middle before suddenly cutting off the sleeves into separate bits of cloth, showing off the sides of his shoulders and underarms. The top pulls tight against a slight inward curve of his stomach, but seems sort of loose at the chest; his hips seem a bit wider, especially in comparison to the stomach, and the tops of his legs are more spread out than before, but he isn't having any trouble balancing; the shorts are pretty tight, and they and his underwear both seem a bit uncomfortable between the legs.

Everything pauses again after that rapid jolt of changes, and all of a sudden he feels excited, full of energy, ready to take on anything! But a bit awkward. If he speaks, his voice is kind of high and cracking-prone, like a younger guy going through puberty and trying to talk in a deeper voice than he's quite capable of yet.

There's still just a little bit of that potion left..

It didn't take Ryan a long time to notice he was a little shorter, what with everything moving up in his point of view. After he felt the squeezing sensation around most of his body pass, he looked down and noticed not only the fact he seemed to be thinner, even though he was already sorta thin, but he could of sworn his hair wasn't long enough to be touching his shoulders, and the fact it was GREEN, his favorite color. Of course, he noticed the change of clothes, but he was simply too overtaken by his hair of all things to care about a simple change in clothes.

"H-Hey shadowy guy- Huh..." Ryan soon noticed the silouette that came out of his shadow wasn't there anymore, and finding his voice was a bit...cracky? "Hmm....Where'd he go? And why are these shorts so uncomfortable?" Unfortunately for him, he was not quite smart enough to know exactly what the potion was doing to him, thinking it was nothing more than a potion that makes someone more eager once the eagerness kicked back in, and thus went to drink whatever remains of the potion, leaving his questions unanswered!
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Kumi-chan » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:41 am

"Very well Amirah." K grins, giving a slight nod. "I do think a coin toss is most fair. Unless you rather play some kind of card game?" K nods again, seemingly to be thinking about something.
Kumi-chan
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Maiden Miki » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:27 pm

The music picks up in intensity, the guitar part in particular becoming blazingly fast..yet it isn't tiring to the catgirl at all. If anything, it feels as if the music's energy is flowing into her. The growing crowd can clearly feel the energy as well, most of them unable to stay still..but she in particular feels like she might be able to control it somehow. Make something happen if she wants. But it isn't clear exactly what it can do.

The girl could feel the energy flowing into her. It was like static in the air as it ran though her fingers and into the guitar and then into the crowds. She wanted them to cheer and bounce! The girl would yell that but she was too in tune with the music and didn't want to break her song. She just let these thoughts float in her mind as she played the guitar with great intensity.
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Location: Luffy is punching me in the face, while Eneru is laughing about it

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse