Rare Indeed

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Rare Indeed

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:21 pm

*Swift continues to stay on his trail, careful to hide any traces of his presence. He still seems more concerned for the Eevee's safety than for any goals it might have.*
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:18 am

The small pokemon continues until it reaches a somewhat less-populated area, and then it pauses and looks around as if it thinks it saw something. And then..it suddenly jumps away!
The movement narrowly dodges a quick ball thrown by a young man nearby. The ball clatters along, and the eevee snarls at the one who threw it, sounding surprisingly vicious for something so small and cute.

"Dang," says the trainer, getting another ball from a backpack hung across his side. He doesn't really look like a trainer at first glance, just a normal guy in jeans and an ugly orange t-shirt. And that backpack, which was closed before. "Guess I can't expect this ta be easy." He lightly taps one side of the ball, and a Medicham emerges. The few people on the nearby street notice this, and take steps to avoid the impending battle.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:27 am

*Swift snarls as he locates a safe place to watch events transpire. From there, unseen by the others, he waits for an appropriate moment to take action. His eyes glow just a little.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:28 pm

(Quick Attack)
The Eevee acts first, moving faster than the eye can follow. A brief, silver blur seems to blink and out of existence at various spots around the Medicham, and it flinches in pain each time. By the time the smaller pokemon reappears on the ground, panting, the larger one is clearly injured.
(Force Palm)
The Medicham concentrates, raising a hand and leaning back. It charges quickly at the Eevee, trying to land a hit with its hand. The Eevee holds still until the palm is close, and then suddenly dives away, letting its opponent hit only air.

The trainer watches this first round with a hand on his chin. While the two pokemon eye each other, he says, "Hm. Rooster, think ahead."

(Mind Reader)
The Medicham nods, and closes its eyes to concentrate, its body vibrating slightly as it does so.

((Is this an annoying way of portraying the battle, I wonder?))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:47 pm

((OOC: Actually, I don't think I've thought of writing things out in that fashion before. It's kinda neat.))

*Readying himself a bit, Swift hunkers down and focuses. Its body and muscles become noticeably denser, although this looks as if it might slow it down some. As the effects of Curse settle down, he continues to wait for that opportune moment.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:22 pm

(Tackle)
The Eevee takes the opportunity to jump at Medicham, making up for its low mass by putting a lot of speed behind the attack. It connects, and sends the two rolling. The Eevee hops back away from its opponent and lands gracefully; the Medicham has to stagger to its feet.
"Don't give up yet, Rooster. You know what ta do."

(Protect)
The Eevee holds still, channeling some kind of energy. A brief shimmer appears in front of it, signaling a one-use shield in place.
(Feint)
The Medicham, with a determined look on its face, charges forward as if to attack. It throws half of a punch in the direction of the barrier before suddenly moving around and kicking the Eevee from the side. This one manages to connect, and the Eevee rolls on the ground for a bit before getting back up and growling. It looks mostly okay, despite the apparent impact of that last attack.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:27 pm

*Gauging Eevee's energy, Swift continues to keep quiet; there might be a chance that Eevee can pull off a win, even considering the type advantage that Medicham has. Still, he does wonder what kind of trainer names their Pokémon "Rooster", and a Medicham at that.*

((OOC: It's not my question to wonder about, or anything like that. I've given my Pokémon some strange names before, so I'm not one to complain. :lol: ))
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:02 pm

"Well. One more for the road," mutters the trainer.
(Endure)
The Medicham sits down into a meditative position, closing its eyes and holding perfectly still.
(Bite)
The Eevee jumps at its opponent, landing near the shoulder, and buries its teeth deep. The Medicham's face shows signs of pain, but it remains unmoving. When the Eevee draws back again, the Medicham slowly gets up, clearly on its last leg. And then the trainer withdraws the Medicham, tapping another pokeball as he does so, bringing out a Xatu.
(Bite)
The Eevee jumps at the newcomer while it's still being summoned, and tears into its side with its teeth. The Xatu hops around in pain until the Eevee lets go, jumping back again.
"Cole, save some for later."
(Future Sight)
The Xatu's eyes glow a bright white for a moment, and then fade out again.

((There actually is a reason. Basically, this guy is John Wayne's biggest fan among pokemon trainers.))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:48 pm

((OOC: *fist into open palm* True Grit. Of course! :) ))

*Swift seems impressed with the Eevee's ability, as it looks to be at a decent level. Still, recognizing the sign of Future Sight being used, he decides to get into position to intercept it when it arrives. He thus slinks along and places himself behind a bush not far away while the others are distracted by the battle, then hunkers down.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:00 pm

(Telekinesis)
The Xatu's eyes glow, and the Eevee is held in place by an invisible force and lifted into the air. The Eevee is able to move after a second, holding it in place requiring more concentration than can be kept up for very long, but it keeps levitating.
(Bite)
The Eevee "swims" fairly swiftly through the air, apparently somewhat familiar with this state, and closes its jaws around the Xatu again, this time at the shoulder. When finished, it kicks itself back, and seems to brace itself.
(Wish)
The Xatu turns its head skyward, as if expecting something. A small, shimmering light appears and dances by for a moment. It then turns toward its opponent again.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:57 pm

*Swift resists the urge to hum "Ride on Shooting Star", wondering when its master's tastes rubbed off on it, and continues to wait for the inevitable power from the Future Sight to make itself manifest.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:28 pm

(Frustration)
The Eevee's eyes have been closed, tightly, for the past few seconds. The look on its face is extremely pained, as if recalling some horrible experience. It opens its eyes and takes on a look of abject rage, bad enough to spook the trainer for a second or two before he regains his composure. Its whole body glows with a slight reddish tint for a second or two. And then..it isn't exactly clear what happens. It disappears from its place in the air, and seems to appear in several places at once, biting, scratching and tackling the Xatu from about every angle there is. The Eevee reappears in the air a few steps away from the Xatu, panting heavily; the bird pokemon staggers and falls over, clearly out of energy.
Some kind of glow shows up in front of the Eevee, which is held firmly in place despite the one who began holding it being unconscious.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:36 am

*Swift decides that now is the time to act. Charging out of hiding, he charges towards the glow and jumps, placing himself between it and the Eevee.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:16 pm

Predictably, the attack is absorbed by the umbreon with no trouble, and fails to do any damage thanks to being a psychic attack on a dark-type pokemon. The Eevee, having braced itself for the attack, looks mildly surprised. The trainer looks surprised for a second or two until he gets a good idea of what's happened, and then he's livid. "Hey now! That ain't exactly playing fair, is it?"

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:29 pm

*Swift growls as he lands. His eyes glow a soft blue, and a voice akin to Vic Mignogna's can be heard in the minds of those present.*

Swift: --'Not fair'? I should be saying the same to you. If he doesn't want to be caught, why aren't you respecting his wishes?-- *beat; head tilts towards Eevee a few degrees* --Um, I'm assuming you want to remain free here, right?--
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse