Idol Calling

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Idol Calling

Postby Kether » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:00 pm

"Well,"he says holding up one finger, "first it would signficantly cut into your blackout time." He raises a second finger, "And second it would give you a broader set of capabilities to use"
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Knight Errant » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:20 am

Aziko crosses her arms. "And... thats what Stellar wants. She wants to be a part of you. Erm... well she already kinda is. I just want..." She sighs... "I want you to be happy. I want you to sing because you want to... I cant force you... Well... I mean... I could. But if I did that would defeat the purpose."

She starts pacing back and forth. "Forced music has no soul... no life... it would be like taking a budding flower and crushing it up into ink to use in a printer to print an image of a flower. It might look good on the surface... but it would be artificial." She looks back to Blaze. "Um... what I'm saying... is you two need to be together. Your two halves of a whole... Apart, neither of you will live up to your full potential."
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Blaze » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:31 am

Blaze listens to the odd pair, brow furrowing lightly as she sits on the couch, nibbling on the first section of her right index finger.

"Well... I suppose it's nice to know that she's not the typical alternate self portrayed in media. Also good to know that you have no intention of forcing me... but here's the deal. I don't want to be some kind of entertainer or idol or anything. I am happy with my current set of skills."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:52 pm

Aziko frowns. "Thats not true, Blaze. Stellar wants to... and she is you. So you DO want to be an idol... But you, Blaze, are also you. So its not like you would stop being what you are... you would just add this to it. But your denial of anything you see as girly is what is causing you to... erm... split in two. Its not a healthy frame of mind."
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Kether » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:11 pm

Knight Errant wrote:Aziko frowns. "Thats not true, Blaze. Stellar wants to... and she is you. So you DO want to be an idol... But you, Blaze, are also you. So its not like you would stop being what you are... you would just add this to it. But your denial of anything you see as girly is what is causing you to... erm... split in two. Its not a healthy frame of mind."

"The thing is,"he begins with a cautious tone, 'There have been many instances of people combining Idolness and combat skills." He pauses then says quickly, "I don't mean that in a sense that they spend half their life doing each but rather the rhythm and power of music is incorporated into their battle prowess making them much more than the sum of their parts"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Blaze » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:33 am

Blaze rolls her eyes at Aziko.

"That's a huge oversimplification. Maybe I do have a bit of a performing bug, sure. Used to sing in choir and do ballet as a kid. But idolship? I dunno... it encourages creepy guys to objectify me, and I have to remain marketable or I'm kicked to the curb. Also, it would cut into my real job, so..."

She then glances at the android and rolls her eyes.

"I already have sufficient skill in dodging and leaping about to avoid attacks. I can't exactly sing people to death, so..."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Kether » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:50 am

Blaze wrote:Blaze rolls her eyes at Aziko.

"That's a huge oversimplification. Maybe I do have a bit of a performing bug, sure. Used to sing in choir and do ballet as a kid. But idolship? I dunno... it encourages creepy guys to objectify me, and I have to remain marketable or I'm kicked to the curb. Also, it would cut into my real job, so..."

She then glances at the android and rolls her eyes.

"I already have sufficient skill in dodging and leaping about to avoid attacks. I can't exactly sing people to death, so..."

"Well"he begins, "Why can't you? "he brings hi hand up waving it in a doctor like fashion as he talks, "many schools of sorcery combined music with spell craft. Many of the most deadly martial arts styles included ones built around the use of voice and instraments. Some of the most deadly space servants of Chaos are the so called Noise Marines. And all of this is before we take into account the geomantic principals of the city"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Knight Errant » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:33 pm

The idol doll frowns, crossing her arms. "Your just repeating the denial that has already split your mind in half. Besides... we aren't the person you need to be talking to. The only way your going to resolve this is by sitting down and... well... talking to yourself. You and Stellar need to make some compromise, or this is just going to get worse. You can deny all you want, but she isn't going away just because your uncomfortable about your feminine side."
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Blaze » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:30 am

Blaze listens to the robot, frowning slightly.

"Mmm. I guess. I think... my issue is that I hate seeing power handed out so freely. Logos says that free power is fine as long as you can control and apply it, but I always feel that skills should be honed through effort, not because of magic mishaps or anything."

She looks over to Aziko and rubs the back of her head.

"... you say she's peaceful?"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:14 am

Aziko nods. "She's a nice girl... and loyal to you. And its not really nice to call her a mishap..." She narrows her eyes a bit. "I think she might be better off without you... but its not my decision. She wants to be with you, and thats what matters. All I can do is try to get through your thick head to get you to see what you already want."
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Blaze » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:46 pm

Blaze winces a little at Aziko's words, looking a little shameful.

"It's just... embarrassing to admit, you know? Suddenly saying that I like these things I would have had no interest in a while ago."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Kether » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:09 am

Blaze wrote:Blaze winces a little at Aziko's words, looking a little shameful.

"It's just... embarrassing to admit, you know? Suddenly saying that I like these things I would have had no interest in a while ago."

"it is the nature of people to change,"he says then chuckles, "more so around here than most. But even without the unusual qualities of this place people change opinions, likes dislikes all the time. Compare your favorite foods now to when you were a child for example. While this is a more extreme alteration that most. It is in the end something that happens to everyone on some level"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Previous

Return to the Muffinverse