Hunting (with) the Exorcists

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Hunting (with) the Exorcists

Postby Harri-chan » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:54 am

Someone had been going around Muffinville, asking about the Exorcists. The person in question was a dark-haired woman, clad in a light grey leather bodysuit, with a matching hooded cape of cloth. A large, silver cross pendant hung around her neck on a chain, and she had a very large and long weapon strapped across her back. It was rather odd in design, a creation of dark wood and silver, and seemed to be a rifle of some sort, but with a curved blade running along one side of it.

Now she was just outside a children's playground within the the town, inspecting a car that had somehow ended up on it's roof.
Last edited by Harri-chan on Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Re: Hunting the Exorcists

Postby Blaze » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:08 pm

As the woman examines the car, suddenly Lucy sidles up to her, licking a waffle cone, a big smile on her face. Her demonic features, such as wings and tail are hidden under a t-shirt top and pants with baggy legs.

"Hiya! You've been asking about the Exorcists right?" ^^
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:24 am

The woman's nose twitched, and she glanced to the side, her eyes looking at the waffle cone, and then to Lucy herself. A frown creased her brow, and she nodded her head.

"That's correct. Do you know where I can find them?", she asked, already looking back to the flipped car, and bent her knees, crouching down, and lowered her face to the road, sniffing at a dark red splatter before recoiling suddenly and tipping her head back to draw fresh air.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:28 am

Lucy stares at the woman curiously as she sniffs the blood splatter.

"Uh... yeah, I do. But... why are you smelling blood? You some kind of vampire?"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:07 am

"Me? A Vampire?", she asked, looking horrified by the youngster's question. She leaned down slightly to bring herself closer to Lucy's eye level and spoke firmly.

"No. I hunt them. Vampires and all other kinds of demons. Werewolves, witches... whatever form they might take. See this?", she asked, pointing down at the blood splatter on the ground.

"That's Werewolf blood. I've been tracking her for some time. In turn, she's hunting a Vampire... and I'm going to cleanse this world of them both. Now, where do I find these Exorcists?".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:02 am

Lucy gives the woman a crafty, analytical look before giving a small nod.

"Right. I can lead you, follow me."

She turns her heels and begins walking towards an alley between two high-rise building.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:19 am

The woman frowned, watching Lucy walk away for a moment before she followed. Her longer legs soon caught her up with the girl, without the need for anything more than a brisk walking pace.

"And just how does a child know the whereabouts of their headquarters?", she asked, suspicious.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:15 pm

Lucy turns her head to look at the woman, childish innocence replaced by a crafty look as she takes a lick of her ice cream.

"This child has her ways~"

She continues to lead the woman through twisting alleys, eventually arriving at a wide, circular intersection of five alleys. It's clean and brightly lit, a glass roof over it. It has 12 gardens, arranged in three quartered circles. If the woman knows her plants, she may note that each set of quarters has plants that bloom in each of the four seasons. At the center is a pedestal, and on the pedestal is a doll house.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:27 am

The woman's expression remained serious as Lucy replied, and she continued to walk behind her in silence. Her gaze seemed to take in everything as they walked, studying homes and businesses, peering down alleyways before they came to the glass-covered garden.

Coming to a stop in front of the pedestal upon which the doll's house rested, she let out a weary sigh, and lifted a hand to rub the bridge of her nose between her finger and thumb.

"I should have known this was a waste of time. Never work with kids", she muttered to herself, and then reached a hand out, settling it on Lucy's shoulder.

"Listen to me, child. Grave business brings me to your town. People's lives are at risk. I don't have time to play games with you".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:06 pm

Lucy pouts and crosses her arms, glaring up at the woman.

"Look, I know how this looks, but Muffinville is a weird place. Just open the door of the little house and you'll see."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:45 am

The woman continued to look down at Lucy with a serious, unamused expression, but as the girl tried to reason with her, that expression softened slightly, and sucked in a deep breath.

"Don't disappointment me, child... ", she said, lifting the hand from Lucy's shoulder, and pointed a finger close to the girl's face before she used that same hand to reach towards the little house. Leaning herself down a little so she could be level with the doorway, she pushed it against it with two fingers.

"What exactly should I be seeing in here?".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:01 pm

As the woman nudges the door open, she catches a glimpse of a well lit living room with couches, a wall-mounted TV and... people? But suddenly, she experiences a sense of vertigo, shrinking down into the house! One of the people on the couch, a blond woman clad in a blue and white nun's habit looks over and smiles, waving cheerily.

"Hello there! Welcome to the Exorcist HQ."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:56 am

The woman's gaze was on the figure on the couch, from the moment she peered through the little door, to the one where the blonde girl rose from her seat and smiled at her. A look of fear briefly flickered across her face, and she stumbled back, one hand clutching at the cross that hung around her neck. Her eyes narrowed at the other woman, and she shook her head.

"What evil magic is this?", she asked in a hissing voice as her gaze darted around the room. Her other hand darted into the folds of her cloak, only for a split-second, coming back out clutching an old-fashioned revolver. She straightened her arm, pointing the gun at the woman who had just greeted her so cheerily, and began marching towards her.

"What are you? Witch? Demon?".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:54 pm

The woman raises her hands, eyes crossing to stare at the revolver.

"Pax, pax! It is not evil magic, if you leave you return to your size! Please, calm down miss, we mean no harm!"

Lucy has followed the woman inside and looks between the two with concern on her face.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:06 pm

The woman continued until the gun was an inch from the blonde woman's face, but her own expression was uncertain as she protested the magic that had just shrunk her was not evil. She lowered the weapon and shook her head in frustrating.

"All magic is evil...", she muttered as she turned to look back at Lucy for a moment, but soon returns her focus to the girl in the nun's clothing.

"This is not what I was expecting... the reputation of the Exorcists reaches far... stories of your great deeds hunting the demons... but here I find you being seduced by their wicked ways... ".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Next

Return to the Muffinverse