Content Manor

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Content Manor

Postby muffinstud » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:32 pm

All around Muffinvile, the various denizens will find flyers for Content Manor, the newest and hottest place in town! No wonder no one's heard of it before. On said flyer is also... a set of job listings. It seems that this new, mysterious place is hiring for something. There are positions for groundskeepers, chefs, caretakers, musicians, pyrotechnicians... and many more. From the looks of things, it seems the place is in desperate need of staff, and is looking for some temporary positions for some kind of large celebration.

At the same time, there is another flyer with a picture of this handsome devil on it, offering a "Training Exchange." Should one wish to be trained in any field they desire, they only need offer training in another field in which they have expertise. One such flyer is tossed as a paper airplane into the Exorcist HQ by a suspiciously handsome swashbuckler type.

Both of these flyers give an address just outside of Muffinville, where things feel a little more relaxed, quaint... and where a small but very photogenic mansion awaits.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Re: Content Manor

Postby Blaze » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:54 pm

The paper airplane thrown into Exorcists HQ is caught by... Logos! Rolling her eyes, she unfolds it, reading... paying special attention to the 'Training Exchange.' Being the sort who will always take a chance to learn something new, she makes her way to the mansion, jogging up the stairs and knocking on the door!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Dr. Coyote » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:29 am

Dr Coyote arrives on the manor premises and waits for the door to open

"It wouldn't hurt to have an extra skill under my belt"
Dr. Coyote
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Maiden Miki » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:51 am

"Well," said Mike as one of the fliers had smack him on the head. He was laying down on his box and looked to be asleep. He removed it and took a deep breath as if the paper was going to chock him. Mike then read it and said, "Well, this is something."

Mike eventually falls off his box and slowly makes his way to the location that the flier had marked.
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Location: Luffy is punching me in the face, while Eneru is laughing about it

Postby muffinstud » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:11 pm

The fancy frosted glass door opens... a jaded butler stands in front of the three present. "I assume you're here because of the fliers?" He lets out a heavy sigh. "Take a seat in the drawing room... or don't. Whatever."

The same dashing gentleman from the fliers rides the bannister down a large set of stairs behind the butler. He seems somewhat familiar... they've all heard something about him. Mike has heard that Presidents take his birthday off as a holiday. Dr. Coyote has heard that police officers question him simply because they want to get to know him. Logos has heard... that his mother has a tattoo that says "Son."

Mal approaches after his dextrous dismount, with arms wide open. "Greetings! It seems you've met my cheery butler." The butler rolls his eyes. "How may I help you fine people?"
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:37 pm

*Elk Harrison can be seen on the front lawn, chasing after butterflies with the appropriate net. A minute later he is viewed running in the opposite direction, the butterflies swinging tiny flyswatters at him.*
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Blaze » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:49 pm

Logos pays no heed to rumors. If she wants to form an impression of someone, she meets them in person. She inclines her head to the man.

"I came because of the 'Training Exchange.'"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Ookalf » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:17 pm

*Yoko comes up to the manor on foot, holding a flier in one hand.* Hopefully, this works out a little better than the last place...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Maiden Miki » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:32 am

"Don't mind if I do," said Mike as he was about to go into the drawing room. He then sees the man from the flier coming down the stairs. He looked somewhat familiar and something about his birthday popped into Mike's head.

"Well, I am just showing interest in this flier here," said Mike as he raised the flier up for the man to see it.
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Dr. Coyote » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:34 am

"I guess you could say my interests are similar to the previous two that spoke already"
Dr. Coyote
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby muffinstud » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:57 pm

AmbushCat wrote:*Elk Harrison can be seen on the front lawn, chasing after butterflies with the appropriate net. A minute later he is viewed running in the opposite direction, the butterflies swinging tiny flyswatters at him.*

The butler gets a small smile. "It seems the security system is working as intended."

Everyone Else wrote:Words.

Mal makes a small bow to his guests, paying both Yoko and Logos a little more attention than the other two. "Ah, of course. I'm sure Percy here can assist you with the positions here at the manor." The butler sniffs and motions them further inside.
"As for you, my dear..." Mal offers Logos a hand. "Perhaps we could find somewhere a little more suited to a proper exchange?"
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Blaze » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:58 pm

Logos raises an eyebrow as she takes her hand back, watching the others being ushered away.

"Why pay special attention to me?"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby muffinstud » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:16 pm

Mal shrugs. "Well, they're all here for jobs, aren't they? My butler can see to employment opportunities as well as I can. As for the training... he hasn't had as diverse studies as myself." He doesn't seem to take offense at the refusal of her hand, but Mal steps back and gestures her to follow. "Besides, I believe we may have met before."
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Ookalf » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:54 pm

muffinstud wrote:Mal makes a small bow to his guests, paying both Yoko and Logos a little more attention than the other two. "Ah, of course. I'm sure Percy here can assist you with the positions here at the manor." The butler sniffs and motions them further inside.

Thank you... *Yoko watches Mal and Logos for a moment, but ultimately follows the butler's lead into the next room.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Maiden Miki » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:40 am

"Hmm...." said Mike as he notice how the man was acting. He simply kept an eye on him for a bit and the follow the butler. "Alright."
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Next

Return to the Muffinverse