Bogged Down

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Bogged Down

Postby all_knowing_frog » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:32 pm

Something is going on in the large marsh that Frog lives in. Namely black oily smoke is rising from the place at large. Anyone capable to identifying magical phenomena would quickly notice the malignant power pulsing through the wetland and the smoke in particular.
All Glory to the Hypno Suwako...
I know quite a bit, but it's mostly useless info.
all_knowing_frog
MSFer
MSFer

Re: Bogged Down

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:55 pm

*Ellen passes by, backpack equipped; just got out of school, apparently. She takes one look at the smoke and the marsh, and promptly skedaddles.*

Ellen: ... ... I think I'll stay at the Mungojerrie today. Let some other poor fool with no common sense investigate.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:11 pm

On the outskirts of the swamp, Tenko, magnificent and indolent goddess of heaven and earth, stands upon a boulder, frowning at the display of malignant magics. "Hmm... I wonder if those Mishaguji are acting up again," she murmurs. "Perhaps something happened to that goddess that was supposed to be tending to them..."

She glances down with distaste at the murky water, however. Oh, certainly, just a little of her power would allow her to walk through the fetid swamp without even getting dirty... but it was such a hassle. Better to let someone else investigate this for her... And a smile crosses her face, as she knows just who'd be willing to look into a mystery like this! A quick gestures summons up a minor spirit, and she murmurs a message for it to carry, before it vanishes from sight!

A few minutes later, a sonic boom can be heard in the distance, as a crow-winged girl rushes towards the swamp! "Unyuuuuu~! A news story?? This'll be just the thing to get my paper back in circulation!" Utsuko shouts eagerly!
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby all_knowing_frog » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:23 am

The phenomena seems to have been quite devastating to the local flora and fauna, not a single living thing can be found. All the plants have wilted and not even a single mosquito can be found. An unnatural silence hangs over the entire swamp while the smoke churns in an ominous wind. In the center of the swamp, Frog's hut can be found, blown apart and pieces scattered about the surrounding landscape. It appears to have been from an external source though, as the destruction leans westward.
all_knowing_frog
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Blaze » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:45 am

Nova, in one of her many mindless, meandering walks, finds herself by the marsh, spotting the smoke rising from the hut.

"O-Oh no... O hope no one is hurt..." she stammers, carefully picking her way towards it, taking care not to step into deep areas. Faint wisps of steam seem to emanate where the water touches her bare skin.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby all_knowing_frog » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:30 am

Nova's approach seems to agitate the wetland, the ground (aka mud) keeps shifting about, determined to slow her progress. The mud occasionally even seeps up around her feet, only to begin drying out and crumbling away. She'll probably notice bubbles forming every so often elsewhere, swelling up before bursting, releasing the malignant smoke that hangs over the entire place.
all_knowing_frog
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:26 am

Realizing that the swamp is quite literally dead, with not even insects remaining alive, and spying the shattered remnants of Frog's hut from the air, Utsuko gasps in horror. "This... this isn't good news at all! It's bad news!" She swoops down to hover above the hillcock that Frog's hut was built upon, not terribly keen to land in the bubbling muck, and glances westward, wondering what could've done something like this to the unfortunate Frog -- not to mention that there was no sign of Frog himself!

"Hellooooo? Is anyone here?" Shivering slightly in the silence, she then notices Nova's approach. "Oh! Hey there!" Flapping her wings, she moves over to hover near Nova. "Do you have any idea what happened here?"
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby all_knowing_frog » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:57 pm

The smoke seems to cling to Utsuko, constantly being dragged behind her movements through the air. It's not particularly exaggerated though, only a trained eye would actually see the smoke's unnatural movement. The reporter though, she can feel it almost grasping at her, working its way into her hair and feathers, sliding into her clothes. While there's no visible consequence, the smoke clinging to her being all but invisible it was so thin, the bird woman would feel dirty, far more so then she should.
all_knowing_frog
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Blaze » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:42 pm

Nova looks back at the path she took, noticing the spots of dried, cracked earth that show where she put her feet. She can feel the mud trying to trip her, only for her body heat to dry it out. The fact that the bog is alive, and apparently doesn't want her here makes her anxious, which is reflected in the tongues of blue flame that begin to emanate from her body, from the tips of her ears, from her wrists, from her tail and from her ankles.

She yelps as Utsuko appears before her, those flames becoming thicker and hotter as she stammers. "Uhm, n-no... I just got here..."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby all_knowing_frog » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:21 pm

The muck surrounding Nova doesn't seem too fond of the blue flames. It suddenly retreated from her position revealing the actual ground, she is unlikely to notice this as the displaced mud begins rising around Nova's space, seemingly intent on encapsulating her, probably attempting to simply smother the flames with dirt.
all_knowing_frog
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:59 am

Utsuko beings to squirm and wriggle in discomfort as the smoke clinging to her clothes, skin, and feathers leaves her feeling increasingly dirty. "Unyu... I'm going to need a shower after this..." she mutters, before turning her attention back to Nova... and realizing that the mud looks like it's rising up to engulf her! "Ack! L... Look out!" she shouts, waving frantically at the shifting muck.
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Blaze » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:41 pm

Nova shrieks as the mud begins converging on her. flailing wildly. trying to keep it away.

"G-Get away! Stop it!"

Her whole body begins to burn brighter with the flames, wreathing her whole body!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby all_knowing_frog » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:19 pm

The intensified flames appear to be enough to disuade the mud's attack, all of it promptly collapsing to the ground. In fact, the mud seems to want her to leave as soon as possible, quickly forming a dry path back to where she'd come from, and towards the hill in the center of the marsh.

Utsuko, on the other hand will feel as if something is trying to pull energy away from her, and the draw seems to be increasing in strength at a rapid pace!
all_knowing_frog
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Blaze » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:10 pm

Nova looks back at the dry path that suddenly forms, some part of her wanting to run, to forget everything. But... someone might have been in that hut. And this strange bird girl was being attacked by the smoke, the same way she was attacked by the mud...

With a resolute nod, she takes out her enormous axe, Nebula and begins to spin it, pointing it at Utsuko. A jet of blue fire begins to blast from the head, accelerating the spin, generating a breeze that tries to blow the smoke away from the reporter!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:42 pm

all_knowing_frog wrote:Utsuko, on the other hand will feel as if something is trying to pull energy away from her, and the draw seems to be increasing in strength at a rapid pace!

Utsuko yelps, and starts flailing about in midair, trying to wave the smoke away with her wings! "G-get awaaaaaay~" she shouts, before noticing Nebula's efforts to force the smoke away with her flames!
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Next

Return to the Muffinverse