A Crystal Palace

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

A Crystal Palace

Postby Ryan5011 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:32 pm

A palace made entirely out of crystals of various colors rested on a hill outside of Muffinville, finally having been constructed. Maybe 'finally' isn't the correct word, as construction only started a couple days ago. The colors of the crystals were primarily purple, green, yellow, and blue, but there were other colors inbetween those as the colors blended in with eachother. Just outside of the palace's entrance, was a sign warning others to not bring in iron or steel. About a week ago, fliers were dropped all around Muffinville, saying the owner of the palace wanted to meet them all in person, without wanting to do a repetitious door-by-door method. Arisu could be seen sitting at the front gate, but something told whoever arrived that Arisu herself wasn't the owner of the palace.
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Re: A Crystal Palace

Postby all_knowing_frog » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:16 pm

A downright massive frog (about as tall as a large dog) lands with a 'wump' in front of Arisu. Unlike 'Frog' though, it's a deep brown color and has some sort of harness on its back with what appears to be a letter sticking from a pouch on it.

The frog stares at Arisu, obviously more intelligent then your average frog as it's actually looking at her as opposed to staring in her direction. How much more intelligent isn't clear though.
All Glory to the Hypno Suwako...
I know quite a bit, but it's mostly useless info.
all_knowing_frog
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Ryan5011 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:05 pm

Arisu looked at the massive frog, and noticed it had a paper in the pouch on it's harness. It looked slightly different from her own. ~Then again, boss doesn't use the same paper for each print...It's probably here because of that letter.~ Arisu thought to herself as she got up to her feet. "A frog or a toad...I wonder which. I could never tell the two apart..."
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby all_knowing_frog » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:57 pm

the frog looks indifferent on Arisu's inability to tell the difference between a frog and a toad, as apparently it's not clear if there even is a difference (I'm not kidding, I've read that there is no scientific difference, but I've also read that the difference has to do with frogs having tiny teeth that help keep things from escaping their mouths). In a demonstration of tongue dexterity that should be impossible, the frog grabs the letter and offers it to Arisu, making a brief croak. the letter is addressed to "owner of crystal building" it's apparently from Frog... this could get confusing -_-;
all_knowing_frog
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Ryan5011 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:43 pm

Arisu takes the letter, and notices it's for the owner. "This...isn't for me. I don't own the place."
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby all_knowing_frog » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:37 pm

Upon being informed that it had delivered the letter to the wrong person, it casually grabs the letter back with its mouth, using its tongue at the last moment to ensure its grip. It looks at Arisu, wondering what it should do now, go inside? Wait? Scale the palace walls with its sticky toes and croak like a normal, if large, tree frog?
all_knowing_frog
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Ryan5011 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:45 pm

The palace's doors open inwards, as if on cue with the frogs thoughts!

"Oh hey, it's open." Arisu says as she goes inside. "I wonder if anyone else cared to come..."
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Sam » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:14 pm

Sam wanders in the area and notices the doors open

"Well I may as well let myself in"

Sam strolls right through the entrance
chocolate is the key to our survival, but someone doomed us all by eating it

Leader of the Muffinville Illuminati
Sam
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Ryan5011 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:23 pm

The lobby of the palace looked like it was made of wood, despite the exterior clearly being crystal! To Sam's left is what appears to be a doorway that had a label over it saying CAFETERIA. To Sam's right was another door, labeled LIBRARY, and finally, to Sam's front were several doors with numbers on them, except for the middle of that wall, which instead was a large staircase that split into a left and right path which would be the 2nd floor.

No matter how hard someone may look, there wasn't a sign of a person, though past the doors, movement could definitely be heard!
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Sam » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:28 pm

"Hmm may as well check ou the library. Who knows I may find someone around here yet."

Sam walks through the Library door

Sam
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Ryan5011 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:03 pm

The library, so to speak, was huge, bigger than most. The books were set up in alphabetical order based on book name instead of author name, and there didn't seem to be a section dedicated to each genre. Arisu could be seen reading a book written in latin on the other side of the library, there was also a librarian that looked somewhat busy looking at each book and marking them down on paper, probably making sure they had all the right books in stock.
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby all_knowing_frog » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:04 pm

The frog enters the palace, takes a brief glance around and, upon seeing that no one is there, proceeds to make a deafening croak that, assuming nothing prevents it from doing so, reverberates through out the entire structure. It then waits, occasionally looking about.
all_knowing_frog
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Ryan5011 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:13 pm

When the frog croaked, it'd notice the croak seems louder than intended, as if the croak bounced off the walls more than they normally would, blocking the sound...Or it could be multiplying the sound. The frog won't know that though.

----------------------

Arisu covered her ears, losing her place in the book, all to protect her ears from a deafening croak. "Oww oww oww! My ears..." Arisu doesn't seem to notice Sam quite yet.
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Sam » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:41 am

Sam begins to cover his ears from the croak

"And here I thought it would be quiet in the library"

Sam
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby all_knowing_frog » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:50 am

Taking note of the pained cries, the frog approaches the library. Seeing the librarian the frog hops over to the apparent employee and makes a much softer croak. Somehow, it manages to convey its confusion and dismay at its inability to deliver the note.
all_knowing_frog
MSFer
MSFer

Next

Return to the Muffinverse