Magical Business in the bookshop

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Magical Business in the bookshop

Postby Sam » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:49 am

For a long time the Muffinville bookshop for the old and decrepit had been closed down due to the owner of the store suffering from the case of heart failure. Time had long forgotten the store as people stopped caring for books and became more concerned about not getting strange fruit thrown at them. However there have been rumors spreading through the darker side of Muffinville that someone has begun using the building for a much different purpose. The purpose being the selling of highly dangerous magical items.

As for what the items are, those spreading the rumors do not know to exact detail. However they do know that the items themselves are not technological but rather more mystical. There have been some authorities that have come by the shop to investigate only to find no proof. However if one does dare to buy such magical items, the store's true identity will reveal itself along with its shopkeeper.

So come on in visitors, the doors are unlocked.
chocolate is the key to our survival, but someone doomed us all by eating it

Leader of the Muffinville Illuminati
Sam
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Re: Magical Business in the bookshop

Postby Dr. Coyote » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:36 pm

A certain man, walks into the bookshop with a jump to his step. The man shows his excitement for the shop as he begins searching for whoever runs the show

"Helooooooooo? Is the shopkeeper in?"

The man spots a bell on the desk and begins to hit it repeatedly before he calls again

Do not worry, I am not a member of the authorities. I am simply a customer interested in buying something~"
Dr. Coyote
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Sam » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:45 am

At first there is nothing but silence. It seems that the man may have arrived in the wrong bookshop or perhaps the rumor wasn't true after all... until an explosion of confetti flies from the ceiling as Sam emerges from behind the counter wearing a purple robe

"Congratulations sir! You are the 1st person to enter my shop during the holiday season sale! That means you get to be the first person to see the special items on sale~

The confetti ceases to fall from the ceiling, however it seems it was used a a distraction as five items have appeared on the counter, each with a name tag on it. The following items are:

1. "The Memetic Notepad"

2. The Super Duper Best Friends Forever Charm Bracelets"

3. Al Egro's holiday classics CD [total global submission edition]

4. The Cute Couple Camera

5. The Crowns of the Regalis Kingdom

"Please feel free to ask me about these five, because these are the only ones I got until the end of the holiday season. Oh but where are my manors? My name is Sam and it's a pleasure to meet you. What's yours

Sam
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Ryan5011 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:50 am

Arkayah enters the shop, not with her staff though, not risking wanting it stolen. Arkayah arrived in time to see the confetti and something about first person to see the special sale.

"Doesn't seem like he gets to see them long." Arkayah says while shuffling her feet. "IAnyways Im Arkayah and 'd like to know what those Charm Bracelets and the Crowns exactly do. The first one I'm not interested in, and I think I know what the third and fourth ones are for."
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Sam » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:18 pm

Sam spots Arkayah and answers her question

"Well Arkayah let me start with the bracelets first since the crowns require a little more backstory. Let's say you put on this bracelet"

Sam points to the bracelet that has some multi colored beads spell out "Prime"

"Nothing will happen when you wear this bracelet. However if you were to have some people put on the other two something special happens. Those wearing the bracelets that spell out BFF will shift to what you think would be your best friend. They may now share the same hobbies as you, they may be willing to help you in situations they would not usually, and they can even become the same gender as you or perhaps become the opposite. The new friends may even sacrifice their life to protect you if the situation arises. Of course how the bracelet shifts people into the very best of friends all depends on the prime bracelet holder."

"As for the crowns, these used to belong to the king and queen of some far away kingdom thousands of years ago. While they were not the greatest of rulers, as they were killed by the hands of barbarian wizards 10 years after they ruled, their crowns gave them a great gift. By that I mean that those who wear these crowns become the king and queen of the land they're standing in. Of course the crown will shape them to be more fitting of the role of the king/queen but it's not a total mind wipe. These don't just affect the new King/Queen though as the magic of the crown can also affect commoners by turning them into all sorts of things like jesters, knights, maids, guards and other roles if needed in the new kingdom. Of course in order to create this servant, the King/Queen have to point or touch them and say 'The King/Queen of [insert kingdom name here] commands you to serve as a [insert position here]'".

"Do you have any other questions about these two items?"

Sam
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Ryan5011 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:29 pm

"Yes. I understand that normally Best Friends Forever means what it says, but does the bracelet's power cancel out if the bracelet comes off of either person? I'm thinking of buying them, and I'd like to know wether it's permanent or not."
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Sam » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:56 pm

The bracelet's power will cancel out if it is removed as of now. However if you would like for the change to be permanent I do have the bead to make the change permanent. Of course either way the bracelet can only be removed by the one wearing the Prime bracelet so you wouldn't have to worry about some outside party trying to remove it.

Sam
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Dr. Coyote » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:59 pm

"Well I'm Dr. Coyote, but you can call me Coyote. As for the items you presented, I am very curious about item number 4, that camera you have on the counter"
Dr. Coyote
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Ryan5011 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:42 pm

Arkayah smiled. "I'll buy it then, should help relations with one of my friends. If the bead doesn't come with, I'll buy that to, but I'd rather put that in on my own time."
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Sam » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:09 pm

"Excellent of course the way to purchase items here works a bit differently than other store you'll find. You see I find the currency here practically useless to me since having a lot of HL doesn't seem to do anything. That and the fact that I could be tracked that way which isn't helpful for someone trying to sell illegal items. So instead I just ask for one of three things. For the bracelets here's what I charge"

1. You owe me one favor that you have to do

2. 2 kiwicots

3. Work in my store for a day

--------------------------------------------------

The camera is used to turn any two people into a fitting couple. It works the way you would expect it to, you get two people together and you take their picture and right as the picture comes out, the magic changes them to match the result. I warn you though, taking a picture of someone alone will cause the camera holder to become their significant other, and I highly doubt you want that to happen. As for the film used with this, it's magic so it doesn't run out so no need to worry about any limitations with how many pictures you can take.
Last edited by Sam on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sam
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Ryan5011 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:18 pm

"2 Kiwicots? I have no clue what that is." Arkayah replied, still new to the place. "I think I'll just work for a day, because I have the feeling if you told me the favor, I'd have to do it."
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Dr. Coyote » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:25 pm

I think I'll buy that camera from you then, it sounds perfect for my line of work. I suppose the three options apply to me as well?
Dr. Coyote
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Sam » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:47 pm

Working for a day it is! Don't worry I'll only have you do one thing today but once you're done you get to keep your bracelets.

--------------------------------------

Yes the same three choices I used before are the ones you get to choose from.

Sam
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Ryan5011 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:57 pm

"Alright then, just tell me what to do."
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer