Betcha can't eat just one!

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Betcha can't eat just one!

Postby Blaze » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:23 am

Felix stares at the man, a cold sweat forming on him. People with dangerous powers are one thing, but people with dangerous powers they can't control are worse.

"My hands... are green. I would like them to be the same color as the rest of me."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Kether » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:24 am

Blaze wrote:Felix stares at the man, a cold sweat forming on him. People with dangerous powers are one thing, but people with dangerous powers they can't control are worse.

"My hands... are green. I would like them to be the same color as the rest of me."

"You know that's going to turn the rest of you, green right?"
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby all_knowing_frog » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:48 am

The frog pauses in its consumption of the treats to make a croak and shift itself to a better position to eat more of the candies. The resulting sound is actually painful it's so loud, the inflated vocal sack being as large as a soccer ball.
All Glory to the Hypno Suwako...
I know quite a bit, but it's mostly useless info.
all_knowing_frog
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Restless Lucidity » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:33 am

She gives the candy cane a curious look and glances up to the rest of the candy canes for some point of comparison. It does seem a bit small... but that doesn't seem like it would affect the taste much. Not to mention, if she ended up not liking it, she wouldn't want to be wasteful. She smiles and decides that this little candy cane is just fine... and the thought of it being unripe never comes to her mind. It's candy, after all! Even if it was growing on a tree...

She gives the candy cane a lick to see if it does indeed taste like a steak dinner...
Captions and characters~

"A [person] may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on." ~ John F. Kennedy
Restless Lucidity
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:43 am

Blindsense wrote:"Very well. I won't tell you that it will rain. As for you," the man adds, turning his gaze back to Felix, "I fear you'll have to be more specific. What, exactly, is the matter?" His smirk seemed condescending - surely he was responsible for Felix's sudden complexion disfunction? Then again, he was getting a WEIRD vibe from this guy. He seemed harmless - like he wasn't really in control of anything at all.

Aw... *The Santa girl pulls out an umbrella and opens it above her.* Santas don't like wet...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Blindsense » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:08 pm

Blaze wrote:Felix stares at the man, a cold sweat forming on him. People with dangerous powers are one thing, but people with dangerous powers they can't control are worse.

"You know that's going to turn the rest of you, green right?"

The red haired man tilts his head to the side as a befuddled expression plays across his face. "Why would it? Skin doesn't just change color all willy-nilly after all." Suddenly, Felix would feel a sharp pain in the back of his head, as if he had been hit with a falling object - nothing debilitating of course, but it was certainly annoying, like a decently sized hailstone. Should he turn around and search for the culprit, he would find the remnants of another candy cane, broken into fragments and cast to the ground by his feet. Of course, considering the tree nearby this wasn't entirely unusual - though how a cane from the tree in front of him had managed to hit him in the back of the head was rather perplexing.

The frog pauses in its consumption of the treats to make a croak and shift itself to a better position to eat more of the candies. The resulting sound is actually painful it's so loud, the inflated vocal sack being as large as a soccer ball.

The man winces noticeably at the sound of the frog's rather impressive croak. "You know," he comments idly. "I know this man in another world who would LOVE to meet you. He's a musician - not my cup of tea, mind you, but a lot of people appreciate his work, and I think he could use someone with your..." He winces again. "Vocal range." He pats the toad on its abnormally large head and offers him another candy cane, all the while mumbling something about dropping a bass.

She gives the candy cane a curious look and glances up to the rest of the candy canes for some point of comparison. It does seem a bit small... but that doesn't seem like it would affect the taste much. Not to mention, if she ended up not liking it, she wouldn't want to be wasteful. She smiles and decides that this little candy cane is just fine... and the thought of it being unripe never comes to her mind. It's candy, after all! Even if it was growing on a tree...

She gives the candy cane a lick to see if it does indeed taste like a steak dinner...

It tastes like a candy cane... Albeit a sour one. Ew. It put a bit of a bad taste in the young girl's mouth - but at the same time, it felt like a waste to simply throw it away...

Aw... *The Santa girl pulls out an umbrella and opens it above her.* Santas don't like wet...

The man doesn't respond. The santa girl is in an excellent position to see the candy cane fall from the sky and collide with Felix's head, however.
Blindsense
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Restless Lucidity » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:21 pm

The girl moves her tongue about in her mouth to get a better sense of the taste. As she does, a look of disgust begins to form. She sticks her tongue out and narrows her eyes, even throwing in a long 'ewwww' to further communicate her displeasure. For a moment, she considers turning to the man and complaining, but all she does in the end is give him a small frown.

But... that was true. She probably shouldn't just throw it away. Even if it tasted really horrible, there were probably worse things out there. Maybe it would even taste better with the second lick? She gives it another try...
Captions and characters~

"A [person] may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on." ~ John F. Kennedy
Restless Lucidity
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Blaze » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:35 pm

"Well, mine just di-" Felix starts to say when he is struck! Wincing, he spins around, looking for the culprit, only seeing a broken candy cane. He looks over at the tree and frowns.

"Ricochet shots huh? I got my eye on you..."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby all_knowing_frog » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:52 pm

The frog ingests the candy cane, almost pulling the man's hand into its maw as well.

Blaze wrote:"Well, mine just di-" Felix starts to say when he is struck! Wincing, he spins around, looking for the culprit, only seeing a broken candy cane. He looks over at the tree and frowns.

The massive frog then turns towards the fallen candy, again snatching it up with its tongue. It again makes a happy croak.
All Glory to the Hypno Suwako...
I know quite a bit, but it's mostly useless info.
all_knowing_frog
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:16 pm

Blindsense wrote:The man doesn't respond. The santa girl is in an excellent position to see the candy cane fall from the sky and collide with Felix's head, however.

*Santa's eyes go wide as she watches the candy cane fall.* ...Did I just see that? *After the frog eats the cane, she runs over and crouches down next to him.* Did you just see that? 'Cause I thought I just saw a candy cane fall outta the sky...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kether » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:09 pm

Blaze wrote:"Well, mine just di-" Felix starts to say when he is struck! Wincing, he spins around, looking for the culprit, only seeing a broken candy cane. He looks over at the tree and frowns.

"So planting.."
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Harri-chan » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:52 am

A girl or around eleven or twelve, with blonde hair in pigtails, wearing a red velvet coat with white fur trim appeared around the edge of the tree, a short, grey, pleated skirt covering the tops of her thighs, with white socks coming up to her knees and shiny black shoes on her feet. She had a small coin purse hanging at her side, and was digging around in it, until she noticed everyone else was simply just taking the candies from the branches!

Chewing her bottom lip, she got a little closer, and reached up onto her toes, plucking down a red and white striped candy cane. Lifting it to her mouth, she ran her tongue along the top curve, while her blue eyes peered at the others, as if worried someone was going to come over shouting at her and demanding payment for the festive treat.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blindsense » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:11 pm

Restless Lucidity wrote:The girl moves her tongue about in her mouth to get a better sense of the taste. As she does, a look of disgust begins to form. She sticks her tongue out and narrows her eyes, even throwing in a long 'ewwww' to further communicate her displeasure. For a moment, she considers turning to the man and complaining, but all she does in the end is give him a small frown.

But... that was true. She probably shouldn't just throw it away. Even if it tasted really horrible, there were probably worse things out there. Maybe it would even taste better with the second lick? She gives it another try...

It's... Slightly more bearable this time, though still not exactly pleasant - though an odd tingle does run up the little girl's spine.

all_knowing_frog wrote:The frog ingests the candy cane, almost pulling the man's hand into its maw as well.

The massive frog then turns towards the fallen candy, again snatching it up with its tongue. It again makes a happy croak.

The frog swells even larger still, its croaks sending tremors about the ground - and likely aggravating the headache that poor Felix had acquired from the falling candy cane. To make matters worse, another one of the confections suddenly whizzes by his head, impaling itself into the ground at his feet. What on earth was going on?

*Santa's eyes go wide as she watches the candy cane fall.* ...Did I just see that? *After the frog eats the cane, she runs over and crouches down next to him.* Did you just see that? 'Cause I thought I just saw a candy cane fall outta the sky...

The second candy cane zipping past Felix's head would seem to confirm this oddity. How utterly peculiar... They did, however, only seem to be falling around him - at least for now.

"So planting.."

The red-haired man cheerfully offers the cybernetic being a small shovel. "By all means! Give it a try."

A girl or around eleven or twelve, with blonde hair in pigtails, wearing a red velvet coat with white fur trim appeared around the edge of the tree, a short, grey, pleated skirt covering the tops of her thighs, with white socks coming up to her knees and shiny black shoes on her feet. She had a small coin purse hanging at her side, and was digging around in it, until she noticed everyone else was simply just taking the candies from the branches!

Chewing her bottom lip, she got a little closer, and reached up onto her toes, plucking down a red and white striped candy cane. Lifting it to her mouth, she ran her tongue along the top curve, while her blue eyes peered at the others, as if worried someone was going to come over shouting at her and demanding payment for the festive treat.

Nobody seemed to notice the pigtailed newcomer as she swiped a cane from the branch - or did they? The red haired man seemed to flash her a look for the slightest of moments... But she could very well be imagining things.
Blindsense
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Blaze » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:15 am

Felix winces at the frog's loud croaks, reaching into his coat and taking out wads of cotton wool, stuffing his ears to try and block out the noise. He quickly backs away from the tree as the candy cane strikes at his feet, a predatory grin appearing on his face.

"You wanna throw down tree? I would be careful if I was you, metal beats wood in the Chinese elements."

He draws a sword and points it at the tree!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Ookalf » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:37 pm

Blaze wrote:Felix winces at the frog's loud croaks, reaching into his coat and taking out wads of cotton wool, stuffing his ears to try and block out the noise. He quickly backs away from the tree as the candy cane strikes at his feet, a predatory grin appearing on his face.

"You wanna throw down tree? I would be careful if I was you, metal beats wood in the Chinese elements."

He draws a sword and points it at the tree!

Hey, wait! *The Santa girl places herself between Felix and the tree, her arms outstretched.* That tree didn't do anything! Can't you see it's raining candy canes?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse