Betcha can't eat just one!

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Betcha can't eat just one!

Postby Blindsense » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:51 pm

Admittedly, it was hard to stand out in a place like Muffinville - when you lived in a town where gender-changing fruits were common and there was no such thing as a "normal Tuesday evening", it proved understandably difficult to attract anyone's attention for more than a few seconds. Even still, there was something positively, deliciously absurd about a candy cane tree.

Indeed, that's what seemed to have sprout overnight on the side of a nondescript road leading into town - a massive arboreal display of holiday sweetness, its snow-laden branches sagging under the weight of thousands upon thousands of red-and-white striped confections. The breeze gently blew against the strange tree, every so often dislodging a treat and casting it to the snow-covered ground. Beneath the candy cane tree, a white-suited man stood, humming a strange tune to himself while sucking cheerfully on one of the candies that he had plucked from the mysterious (and awesome) tree. Beside him, a sign had been haphazardly hammered into the cold earth - a simple series of wooden planks held together with some rather questionably placed nails (and even a bit of duct tape). Upon the sign, a simple message was scrawled in bizarre, chaotic letters - "Betcha can't eat just one!"
Blindsense
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Re: Betcha can't eat just one!

Postby all_knowing_frog » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:55 pm

A dinner plate sized frog suddenly nears the white suited man.
All Glory to the Hypno Suwako...
I know quite a bit, but it's mostly useless info.
all_knowing_frog
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Blindsense » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:59 pm

The man glances down at the frog with a curious expression - something between genuine intrigue and... hunger? "Well, hello. Little out of your element, don't you think, little frog?" A breeze blows by, knocking a candy cane from the boughs of the tree and sending it falling gently into the snow between the frog and the man.
Blindsense
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby all_knowing_frog » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:11 pm

Before the candy cane can actually hit the snow, the frog's tongue shoots out, snatches it, and swallows it whole. It lets out a loud croak, vocal sack inflating. Also, strangely enough, the snow is melting around the frog. Of course that would also explain why it's even hopping about at this time of year.
all_knowing_frog
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Blaze » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:24 pm

Felix wanders up to the tree, examining the 'fruit' hanging from it, the sign and the man, a slight grin on his face.

"Hey man, what would happen if I planted one of these? Would it grow another tree?"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Kether » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:41 pm

Blaze wrote:Felix wanders up to the tree, examining the 'fruit' hanging from it, the sign and the man, a slight grin on his face.

"Hey man, what would happen if I planted one of these? Would it grow another tree?"

*wanders up in his normal mechanical form*clearly a test is needed.
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Restless Lucidity » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:46 pm

A small girl with platinum blond hair and an ever curious look in her blue eyes walks by with her arms held behind her back as she happily marches through. Her attention is removed from her walk, though, first being grabbed by the sign, then the tree itself. Afterward, her first inclination is to try one. If you can't just eat one, they're probably tasty, right? That... seemed like what it was getting at, anyway.

She skips over to to the tree and glances to the man. "Sooo..." She gives him a curious grin. "What do these thingies taste like?"

She stares up at the tree, tempted to snatch one...
Captions and characters~

"A [person] may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on." ~ John F. Kennedy
Restless Lucidity
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:07 pm

*A blonde woman in a modified Santa outfit comes by and stares at the still-hanging candy canes.* Oh, wow... I didn't know these came on trees!
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Blindsense » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:49 pm

all_knowing_frog wrote:Before the candy cane can actually hit the snow, the frog's tongue shoots out, snatches it, and swallows it whole. It lets out a loud croak, vocal sack inflating. Also, strangely enough, the snow is melting around the frog. Of course that would also explain why it's even hopping about at this time of year.

The Frog would discover, assuming that this was not the first candy cane that it had ever consumed, that this particular treat was one of the sweetest, most pleasant confections that it had ever ingested. It also seemed to make the already-abnormally-sized frog grow ever so slightly bigger... Perhaps one or two more of the treats wouldn't hurt?

Blaze wrote:Felix wanders up to the tree, examining the 'fruit' hanging from it, the sign and the man, a slight grin on his face.

The strange man smiles at Felix, a peculiar sparkle dancing in his level gaze. "Well, that depends!" He responds simply. "It is certainly possible - they are, after all, in season. But then, I suppose it all comes down to how green you consider your thumbs to be." The strange twinkle in his eyes seems to flare for a moment as he gazes at Felix's hands - where the boy's skin had turned the color of fresh evergreen needles.

Restless Lucidity wrote:A small girl with platinum blond hair and an ever curious look in her blue eyes walks by with her arms held behind her back as she happily marches through. Her attention is removed from her walk, though, first being grabbed by the sign, then the tree itself. Afterward, her first inclination is to try one. If you can't just eat one, they're probably tasty, right? That... seemed like what it was getting at, anyway.

She skips over to to the tree and glances to the man. "Sooo..." She gives him a curious grin. "What do these thingies taste like?"

She stares up at the tree, tempted to snatch one...

The man turns his gaze to the young girl, his brow elevated ever so slightly as he examines the little blue-eyed human. "A steak dinner," he deadpans.

Ookalf wrote:*A blonde woman in a modified Santa outfit comes by and stares at the still-hanging candy canes.* Oh, wow... I didn't know these came on trees!

"And how else do you think they came about? Honestly, it's not like they just fall from the sky." And yet, in that moment distant thunderclap can be heard - rather peculiar on this calm winter's day.
Blindsense
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby all_knowing_frog » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:43 pm

The large frog doesn't seem to notice its increased size, merely that these cane shaped sugar thingies taste amazing. It begins to start snatching them off the tree, disregarding the fact that it seems to be ingesting more mass that it itself possesses.
all_knowing_frog
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:55 pm

Blindsense wrote:"And how else do you think they came about? Honestly, it's not like they just fall from the sky." And yet, in that moment distant thunderclap can be heard - rather peculiar on this calm winter's day.

Well, I always figured people made 'em somehow... *Hearing the thunder, the Santa girl looks up.* Aw, don't tell me it's gonna rain...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Blaze » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:26 pm

Felix blinks and looks at his hands, frowning slightly.

"Hahah. Very funny, now put them back wise guy."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Kether » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:49 pm

"lets get to planting.."
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Restless Lucidity » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:09 pm

She tilts her head and gives the man the most peculiar glance. "What? Really?" She narrows her eyes and peers up at the tree again. Before long, she turns to the man again. "... are you sure about that? They look like candy canes and, as far as I know, those don't taste like steak at all."

Well... she could try one for herself. She attempts to pick one off of the tree...
Captions and characters~

"A [person] may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on." ~ John F. Kennedy
Restless Lucidity
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Blindsense » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:03 pm

all_knowing_frog wrote:The large frog doesn't seem to notice its increased size, merely that these cane shaped sugar thingies taste amazing. It begins to start snatching them off the tree, disregarding the fact that it seems to be ingesting more mass that it itself possesses.

For every candy cane that the amphibian munched, it found itself growing a little bit larger. Soon enough it was the size of a small sheep - and still growing! The sight was admittedly rather disconcerting, though the strange man by the tree seemed to be paying it no particular mind.

Well, I always figured people made 'em somehow... *Hearing the thunder, the Santa girl looks up.* Aw, don't tell me it's gonna rain...

Felix blinks and looks at his hands, frowning slightly.

"Hahah. Very funny, now put them back wise guy."

"Very well. I won't tell you that it will rain. As for you," the man adds, turning his gaze back to Felix, "I fear you'll have to be more specific. What, exactly, is the matter?" His smirk seemed condescending - surely he was responsible for Felix's sudden complexion disfunction? Then again, he was getting a WEIRD vibe from this guy. He seemed harmless - like he wasn't really in control of anything at all.

She tilts her head and gives the man the most peculiar glance. "What? Really?" She narrows her eyes and peers up at the tree again. Before long, she turns to the man again. "... are you sure about that? They look like candy canes and, as far as I know, those don't taste like steak at all."

Well... she could try one for herself. She attempts to pick one off of the tree...

It's not hard to grab one of the low-hanging canes - though this one seemed a bit shrimpy. Could it be that it simply hadn't ripened yet? Was that even POSSIBLE for a sugar-based treat?

"lets get to planting.."

"By all means. I'd recommend that spot on the other side of the road - it's quite fertile!"
Blindsense
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Next

Return to the Muffinverse