A Most Intriguing Swashbuckler

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: A Most Intriguing Swashbuckler

Postby Blaze » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:50 pm

The sailor grins and shrugs... feeling a pang of envy at the idea of all the girls Mal has probably had and could have.

"Well, don't got much else planned. An adventure sounds like it could be fun."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby muffinstud » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:23 pm

Mal shakes Mendo's hand, and the hand of the sailor as well. "It's settled then." He points dramatically into the haze of the bar. "To adventure!"

That pang of envy the sailor feels creeps into envy of the girls themselves... after all, Mal would have been just as friendly or moreso to all of them.

Mendo gets his handshake... but alas, that and a pat on the back is the most he could ever expect of Mal like this. But... it could be possible to get a hug, a wink...a kiss on the back of the hand or cheek... if only he weren't a man.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Mendi-chan » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:33 pm

*Mendo smiles as he shakes the hand... and then gets up to go leave... The thought is dangerous and alien, but nevertheless it was still there. What could he do? It was hard to deny his own mind. Fidgeting as he stares at the door he sighs. Knowing the difference between what he could have and how he was being treated now was frustrating. This was true not only because he wanted to get that extra bit of attention... but also because he didn't know why he felt that way.*
Right... Off to adventure.
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby Blaze » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:35 pm

The sailor's amused grin ad these landlubber's antics fades into a look of slight horror at the turn his thoughts took. He quickly shakes his head to dislodge them!

"R-Right... best thing to do is head to the harbour office, they should have records as to where Jerry sunk the Gallows Humor. That would narrow our search."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby muffinstud » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:34 am

Mal lets his hand droop a little, unsure of where to point it. "Oh. Um... To the office?" He shrugs, and heads out of the tavern!

The thoughts don't leave the sailor's mind... but Mal doesn't seem to be doing anything. Could it be... that this is how he really feels?

Mendo might not know why he feels so... but it doesn't keep him from feeling. Just why can't he have it all? What's stopping him? With just a quick transformation, he could have what he craves so keenly.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Mendi-chan » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:39 am

*Mendo closes his eyes... before clenching his fists. It was so frustrating... but... he was sure he could find something to change him somewhere nearby. Then this feeling would be satiated right? Just a hug... or a kiss on the cheek... Just anything! Then this feeling would go away... right?*
A-actually guys... I'm going to head off for a bit... Hopefully I'll see you some later, but I have to go take care of something.
*He gives a little nod to the two... and then walks off down the docks without waiting for their reply. He had to find something to change himself!*
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby Blaze » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:54 am

THe sailor scowls and shakes his head. He KNOWS he swings for the ladies only, this was just... he had drunk too much! Yeah, that's it.

"Alright mate, meet you back here okay? This way to the office." he says to Mal, leading him down the cobblestone street.

-----

As for Mendo... well, this is an oddity isn't it? Actually LOOKING for a method to attain girlhood?! But anyway, he certainly sees many options around him. Some sailors are unloading various transformational fruits in nets off a ship, there are several stores and booths staffed by mysterious men and woman who cackle whenever someone buys something, several shabby looking people mill about, the kind who look like they would take the tiniest slight as an excuse to flip your whole life on it's head...
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Mendi-chan » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:02 am

*Mendo's eyes dart around... landing on the nearest booth on the side of the street. A little frantic, he looks to the shopkeeper*
I... I need something to change gender. And I need it quickly.
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby muffinstud » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:08 am

"Pity. It was a pleasure meeting you, Mendo." Mal bows as Mendo leaves, and then follows the sailor down the street. "By the way, what's your name, my fine fellow?"

With Mendo gone, the feeling seems to intensify just a bit. But then again, the sailor does feel a little buzzed, so his excuse seems to make sense. Still, he can't help but feel that he's missing out on something grand that Mal can only offer to the fairer sex.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Blaze » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:53 pm

"Eh? M'name's Daniel, nice to meet ya... Mal right?" the sailor mutters, half-tempted to jump into the sea to clear his head. They soon arrive outside the Harbour Office, an old, weathered building of wood and stone. MDaniel holds the door for Mal to enter.

-----

As for Mendo, the old lady in the stall looks at him, narrowing her eyes suspiciously.

"You a cop?"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Mendi-chan » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:38 pm

*Mendo frowns at that*
Do I look like a cop?... Just need something that can turn me and then turn me back later at will. Got anything like that?
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby muffinstud » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Mal nods his head in half a bow as he enters. "Thank you, Daniel." He goes into the office, looking for the most official looking person to help him.

Ah, but if Daniel jumps into the ocean, he wouldn't be able to spend time near Mal, would he? Besides, while he was away, someone else might decide to tag along. And if that someone was a woman, there would be no telling just how jealous he would feel.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Blaze » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:03 pm

Mendi-chan wrote:*Mendo frowns at that*
Do I look like a cop?... Just need something that can turn me and then turn me back later at will. Got anything like that?

"Bah, it's no fun when they ask..." the old woman mutters, taking a pendant from the table. It looks like a Venus and Mars symbol, combined at the circles, pink on one side, blue on the other.

"Put this on and flip it so the pink side is facing out. TO change back, flip it back around. 2000 HL."

muffinstud wrote:Mal nods his head in half a bow as he enters. "Thank you, Daniel." He goes into the office, looking for the most official looking person to help him.

Ah, but if Daniel jumps into the ocean, he wouldn't be able to spend time near Mal, would he? Besides, while he was away, someone else might decide to tag along. And if that someone was a woman, there would be no telling just how jealous he would feel.

Inside, a woman sits behind the reception desk, looking bored out of her mind. She wears thick glasses, her hair tied back into a bun and a rather offical suit. She looks up as Mal enters and drones, 'Welcome to the Harbour Office, how may I help you?"

Daniel shakes his head some more! Nonono, stupid booze! After this, he's swearing off the stuff... until he and Mal part ways.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Mendi-chan » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:16 pm

*Pulls out a bag from his vest... breathing deeply... and handing over the HL. If he just did this then he could turn back and get this whole thing behind him.*
Thanks lady... Much appreciated.
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby muffinstud » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:34 pm

Mal leans his elbow on the counter and gives the woman a huge grin. "Hello there, Miss. I hope you're the person I need to speak to about the sinking of a ship. I don't believe I'd be lucky enough to find two heavenly creatures in the same office. Unless you're a twin, of course."

Are Daniel's ears deceiving him? He's buttering up this librarian type? Why, he... he could be prettier than that! Mal's charm is wasted on her!
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse