A Most Intriguing Swashbuckler

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: A Most Intriguing Swashbuckler

Postby Blaze » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:46 pm

And so the trio steps into the Rusty Claw, and immediately the first part of the name seems accurate. It seems like every conceivable piece of metal in the structure has been thoroughly oxidized by the salt air. And while the second part might not be verbatim, there are a few sailors within with replacement limbs, some wood and some even advanced prosthetics.

However, one thing they all have in common is that their owners turn to regard the new arrivals. They stare at Mal with suspicion and ogle Sylvie and Melody blatantly, the later more than the former. Sylvie, still thinking like a sailor, meets all their stares coolly.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby muffinstud » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:53 pm

Mal returns the steely gazes of the sailors with a confident smirk. His bright eyes quickly flicker to his two lovely accomplices, then trains his eye on the bar. "Let's see if the bartender has any information, eh Sylvie?"

And with that, Mal quickly reaches his arms to the two girls. Sylvie he lightly touches at the small of her back, motioning her forward gently. It feels less like a prod and more like he's leading her in some kind of dance. For Melody, he wraps his arm around her shoulder and pulls her in a little closer. "Stay close... I don't like the way they're eyeing you..."
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Mendi-chan » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:33 pm

*Melody's cheeks redden slightly more as she's pulled close, but she makes no move to pull away. She makes her best effort to look tough, glaring at the seedy group. The ninja had told Mal she could take care of herself... but it seemed like it would be easier to talk about that later, especially considering this afforded her an opportunity to be closer to him*
A-alright...
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby Blaze » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:59 am

Sylvie trembles as Mal puts an arm around her, suddenly remembering how she looks and where she is. She flinches a little when she realizes what the salty lot were thinking while looking at her makes her shrink against Mal just a bit.

"Right, right..." she nods, the bartender being a man of pure muscle, meat, sweat and hair, standing behind the bar, polishing a greasy glass with an oily rag that he coughs into, then goes right back to polishing the glass with. As the trio approaches, he leers with piggy eyes.

"What'll it be?"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Feng » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:08 pm

A Hobo enters the Rusty Claw carrying a pink bucket full of mysterious rattlings and jingles setting it down next to the trio as he tries to flag down the barkeeper.

"I's gots these free booze tokens" mutters the one-eyed hobo with a sly grin, pouring the bucket and revealing a bunch of coins soon revealed to be "Boozehound Anonymous Tokens".

He cranks his head, acknowledging Melody with a wide grin. "Oh hey there Gladys! What are you doins here?"
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:31 pm

Mal loosens his hold on Melody and leans against the bar. "I'm looking for some information about a ship. The Selene's Light." He reaches into his pocket and fiddles with a silvery coin. "I'll make it worth your while."

Not being quite so close to Mal is a bit of a disappointment for Melody... especially with the odd sorts in the bar at the moment leering at her.
Before he leaned onto the bar, Mal gave Sylvie a reassuring squeeze on her arm. He really must have confidence that she can handle herself, despite the icky odds.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Feng » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:51 pm

The one eyed hobo lets out a small audible *gasp* as his one good eye spies the coin in Mal's fingers.

"Sirs is a rich man, eh Gladys?" he says with a wide grimace.
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Mendi-chan » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:08 pm

*Glares at the hobo cautiously, making sure to keep her distance...*
The name isn't Gladys... and you'll pardon me if I think you're being a bit intrusive. I'm not sure whether he is or isn't rich, but I bet there are better ways to get donations than creeping upon every group that walks in.
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby Blaze » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:04 pm

At the mention of the Selene's Light, the dangerous silence is broken... by loud, mocking laughter from every patron. Knee slapping, belly laughs and finger pointing all go down, all aimed at Mal.

"Hah, you and every dreamer on the docks boy. That old sot hasn't paid for a drink in his life because of you idiots. But hey, a fool's money is still money to me." the bartender says, taking the coin indicating a corner stall where a hooded figure sits.

As for Sylvie, she gives Mal a soft, confident smile, keeping a watchful eye on the homeowning-impaired man.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Maiden Miki » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:42 am

-Delete-
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Location: Luffy is punching me in the face, while Eneru is laughing about it

Postby Feng » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:44 am

The hobo head-tilts, his stocking cap slipping and revealing his battered eye-patch (most strange that he would go through extra lengths to conceal that, non?).

"Then at least buy me a drink, Gladyz? Tis been many a moon since a kindly stranger shared a beer with this old bird of prey" he says with a grimace. "Buy me a drink and I's follow you to the ends of the Earths and all e nine realms beyonds!"
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Previous

Return to the Muffinverse