A Most Intriguing Swashbuckler

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

A Most Intriguing Swashbuckler

Postby muffinstud » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:42 am

A small white sailboat enters Muffin Cay Marina, and sets anchor far from any of the docks. A figure climbs the mast, and a shot of powder goes off. The harbormaster's office now has a neat little hole and decorative grappling hook in the wall, and down the rope slides a man... a man named Mal.

Mal rolls on the dock in front of the harbormaster's office and pops up to his feet. He brushes himself off, takes a pose, and saunters idly towards the smell of alcohol in search of a good drink.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Re: A Most Intriguing Swashbuckler

Postby Mendi-chan » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:46 am

*Glances away from the sailor he had been bargaining with for supplies and looks to the flashy gentleman who had made such an entrance...*
Pardon me a moment...

*He makes his way over... raising an eyebrow*
Quite the entrance you made there...
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby muffinstud » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:58 am

The man smiles and takes a step towards the ninja. "Thanks. I figure first impressions are important. Besides, it's fun as all get out." He offers a hand. "The name is Mal by the way. You may have heard of me."

The sailor Mendo had been bartering with scratches his chin. "Didn't he win the lifetime achievement award twice?"
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Mendi-chan » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:01 am

*Shakes the offered hand, glancing back to the sailor before chuckling*
The name is Mendo... I've had the pleasure of meeting many Mals in my time, but sounds like you may be the most accomplished. Nice to meet you.
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby muffinstud » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:24 am

Mal has a firm, friendly handshake that doesn't overstay its welcome. "Likewise, Mendo. As for the rumors... make of them what you will. I prefer to make my reputation off of the here and now." He looks around and nods in satisfaction. "Say, you wouldn't happen to know of any places that serves spirits, would you? I could use a good rowdy environment."
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Mendi-chan » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:32 am

*Nods to the gentleman*
Ah yes, well that's quite noble of you... As for a good place to catch a drink? I know a bit of a rowdy tavern down the way, though it can be a bit crazy. Sailors and all, I'm sure you know. I can lead the way if you wish.
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby muffinstud » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:36 am

"I'd greatly appreciate it. Lead on, my good man." He waits for Mendo's lead, and swaggers at the ninja's side. "Hmm, seems Muffinville has been changing since I was here last. Anything interesting I missed?"
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Mendi-chan » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:38 am

*Nods at that, looking around so as to be sure to not miss the tavern which they sought*
I suppose it has changed a bit... A few new faces, a few new problems...
But, especially around here, the more things change the more things stay the same. Just avoid any weird food or drink and you should be just fine.

*The two arrive at the tavern, swinging double doors greeting them! Inside... was a raucous bunch of surly, drunken sailors! Just what you'd expect.*
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby muffinstud » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:50 am

Mal smiles the mad grin of a man that knows how to get into trouble. He saunters to the bar and throws a couple of small jewels onto the counter. "Your best scotch, on the rocks please. And..." he says as he leaps up onto the bar. "Drinks on me, if anyone here can lay me flat on my back!"
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Mendi-chan » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:51 am

*Steps back from his newfound friend... Was this guy insane?*
Mal... You may want to rethink that. This place is filled with sailors... and no offense, but you look ill equipped to deal with the the whole lot of them at once.
*He glances around, ready to step in if it looked like Mal needed help.*
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby Blaze » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:58 am

The entire bar, once filled with the sounds on laughing and chatter, immediately goes quiet. Even the sea outside seems to calm somewhat. Everyone, from the wenches to the patrons turns to Mal and Mendo.

Soon, a table of three burly sailors stand up and approach.

"You serious? Let's see the cash then." the lead one says.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby muffinstud » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:23 am

Mal nods. "Of course. I believe this should cover the tab..." He rolls up his sleeves, squats down on the bar, and leaps up, flipping backwards and landing on the floor in front of the three rough sailors. On the bar where he had been standing... is a small pile of gold, silver, precious gems, and a digital watch. "Now, are you serious?"
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Blaze » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:28 am

The sailors stare at the pile of valuables and smirk. Te leader though, he looks curious.

"Steady on mate, what's the catch? You don't last long here without askin' If we lose, can we expect to pay the next round, or become your arm candy?"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby muffinstud » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:47 am

"Fair enough. I'd say you should buy the next round." Mal looks them over and rubs his chin. "While I appreciate the offer to give me company for the evening, you're just not my type." He smirks. "Though, if I remember right, there should be a bar in town that caters to your tastes. I hear they have great daiquiris." He looks from the leader to the other two. "You don't look too bright, so I'll just say you're gay and be done with it."
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Mendi-chan » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:52 am

*Simply crosses his arms and watches for the moment. He'd let Mal handle it for now unless it got out of hand.*
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Next

Return to the Muffinverse