Yuki: Magic On Ice

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Yuki: Magic On Ice

Postby Restless Lucidity » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:06 pm

Yuki tilts her head and speaks moments later, still in Japanese. "Wait... what was that? Something about speaking English?" She takes another moment to think on what Orville had said and blinks. She seems to have had a light bulb moment!

"Oooh, you mean that you want us to talk in English while we're here? Well... okay..." She nods, switching to English herself.

"I... can... try." She speaks slowly... one word at a time. She still has a thick accent and seems to be struggling to use the last shreds of the language that still linger in her thoughts.
Captions and characters~

"A [person] may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on." ~ John F. Kennedy
Restless Lucidity
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Blaze » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:26 pm

Orville gives a nod and... smiles? As much as his beak allows him anyway.

"Very good. Under my tutelage, you will be totally bilingual in no time at all. Also, I am to teach you how to use your powers."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Restless Lucidity » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:29 pm

Yuki giggles slightly to herself. Though the sound of her voice as she giggles still makes her pause and flush, it's not as noticeable now. She seems to be adjusting... "You look silly when you smile..."

She nods "Good... I miss English..." Ironically, these words and those before were spoken in Japanese again. She catches herself this time, though, and switches back to English. "Ehm... I slip up. Slipped!"

She blinks a bit as her eyes begin to reflect some genuine curiosity. She had been feeling this strange energy coursing through her for a while now... so of course she wanted to see what she could do with it. "Okay! I..." She pauses for a second, considering her next word. "Excited? A bit." ^^
Captions and characters~

"A [person] may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on." ~ John F. Kennedy
Restless Lucidity
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Blaze » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:40 pm

Orville nods.

"Aye, magic is a truly fascinating subject. Come, let us head up onto the roof... this time, you MAY carry me."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Restless Lucidity » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:39 pm

Yuki lets out a small giggle. "Okay, professor." ^^

On their way, she can't help but give the cute little plushy a hug~
Captions and characters~

Restless Lucidity
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Blaze » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:54 pm

Orville gives a tiny 'hmph' at the tiny hug, but says nothing else. Yama follows the pair up to the roof. It's a bit chilly, but Yuki will find that cold doesn't really bother her anymore.

"Riht. Put me down and we shall get started." Orville says.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Restless Lucidity » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:55 pm

She smiles a little too herself, idly commenting to herself and Orville before they begin: "The weather is pretty nice out..."

At the sound of Orville's voice, though, she refocuses her attention. "R-Right. I... um... listening."
Captions and characters~

Restless Lucidity
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Blaze » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:08 pm

Orville nods.

"Listen well. Magic is primarily a power that allows you to exert changes on reality. You use ice magic, one of the more complex types. Creating ice with magic involves violating the Laws of Thermodynamics. But first, you need an activation keyword, a phrase that is right for you, and allows you to focus your magic. Observe."

He waddles over to the railing and waves his flippers around. Piscis congelo gelu! From his flipper, snow flies out and falls to the ground below.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Restless Lucidity » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:58 pm

Yuki's eyes get a bit wide. "Sugoooiii..." She doesn't seem to remain impressed for too long, though, and her expression darkens some again.

"But... I must to use ice magic?" She pouts a bit. "I use others, too, right?"
Captions and characters~

Restless Lucidity
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Blaze » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:16 pm

"Perhaps, in time. But ice is your strongest affinity, so it will come the most naturally." Orville explains.

"But, time for you to try. First, you need to know the beginner's activation phrase. Repeat after me, Practe Bigi Nar."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Restless Lucidity » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:26 pm

She frowns. "But what if I don't rike ice?" She sighs, though, and repeats the activation phrase.

"Practe Bigi Nar." She pauses for a second and says flatly, "I remember enough about Engrish to know that sounds rike practice beginner." She has a bit of trouble pronouncing those words, but she gets the message across.
Captions and characters~

Restless Lucidity
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Blaze » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:33 pm

Orville gives a small nod. "Good. I was worried your new language handicap might be an issue. Now, for your very first spell! Magic is best channeled by old languages. As such, Latin is often considered the language of magic, but there exists spells with incantations in Ancient Greek or even Sanskrit."

"Your first spell will involve simply freezing together water molecules in the air. After you recite the beginner's activation phrase, say 'Gelo' while trying to channel magic into this."

Orville tosses Yuki a wand! It's rod it black, with a snowflake at the tip.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Restless Lucidity » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:41 pm

Yuki does tilt her head a bit after that. "What's... incantation?" But before her question can be answered, she catches the wand... and gives it a queer glance as well.

"... magic people rearry use wands?" She waves it around a little bit. "That seems a rittle sirry..." After a bit, though, she stops swishing the wand around and holds it steady. She looks as if she might want to ask something else at first, but then she turns around and seems to focus.

"Practe Bigi Nar..." She pronounces each word slowly and carefully, obviously having a bit of a tough time with some of those syllables, but the slurring isn't bad enough to void the incantation. Then, after a short pause, she adds the last word...

"Gelo!" The word comes out with more energy than those before it...
Captions and characters~

Restless Lucidity
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Blaze » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:19 am

"An incantation is any phrase that results in magic being channeled and formed. And yes, mages use various things as the foci of their magic. That staff Yama gave you is stronger, but a bit unwieldy for practice." Orville explains.

As she speaks the incantation, an ice cube forms in the air at the tip of her wand, clattering to the ground!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Restless Lucidity » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:36 am

Yuki nods to Orville, but seems much too absorbed in what she's doing to pay him any mind. She's quite fascinated by the fact that she has just made an ice cube appear. Orville might get the impression that she would be easily impressed by much of the magic they would encounter, at least for a while.

"Sugoi!!" She smiles wide and repeats what she had done before, hopefully making another ice cube. Whether she succeeds or not, she then directs her attention back to her teacher.
Captions and characters~

Restless Lucidity
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse