The Muffinville Horror

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: The Muffinville Horror

Postby Feng » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:14 pm

Bones turns to the worker, unperturbed by the gruesome injury.

"Who am I?" inquires Bones, raising a holy emblem shaped as a black winged toaster. "I am known by many names my friend. The Gentleman. The Baron of Death. Lord of the Dance."

Hoisting the amulet towards the ring, the criminal mastermind cries out "But you can call me LORD BONES!" :twisted:

Adjusting his glasses, the crime lord leans in. "Now then, to business.... The Exorcists! Where are they? Point me in their direction and I shall guarantee you a safe, easy passage to the next world if that is your desire" =.=
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby KonokoHasano » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:20 am

Through that first door, she finds herself in a hallway with three doors on each side. It seems that the mansion could have six on-site staff at a time.

Usagi walks into the hallway and tries to open the first door on the left side.
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Knight Errant » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:28 pm

Blaze wrote:"D-Don't hurt me!" the owner of the eyes yelps, scrabbling out of the hole. The fall to the floor and look up at Dact.

"Are you a demon hunter?..." Ryan whispers.

Dact... blinks... and lowers his sword... "I dont 'hunt' anything. And as for demons... I only slay them if they give me no other choice. Who are you, miss?"
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Harri-chan » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:02 pm

Matt read the note with a frown, one hand lifting to scratch at his head as he did so. After reaching the end, he flipped the note around, and tore the key from it.

"Wonder who she's writing too", he muttered, slipping the note and the key into his pocket before making his way out, rolling a billiard ball across the table as he passed, sending it crashing into others. Stepping back into the corridor, he made his way along to the next door!
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:22 pm

Kether wrote:*he carefully examines the room trying to get some idea what someone might have been looking for*

Looking around the room, the robot finds a hastily scribbled note in one of the opened drawers!

The Note wrote:Found a key in here. Was hidden in the mattress.

-Logos

Taped to the note is a key!

Feng wrote:Bones turns to the worker, unperturbed by the gruesome injury.

"Who am I?" inquires Bones, raising a holy emblem shaped as a black winged toaster. "I am known by many names my friend. The Gentleman. The Baron of Death. Lord of the Dance."

Hoisting the amulet towards the ring, the criminal mastermind cries out "But you can call me LORD BONES!" :twisted:

Adjusting his glasses, the crime lord leans in. "Now then, to business.... The Exorcists! Where are they? Point me in their direction and I shall guarantee you a safe, easy passage to the next world if that is your desire" =.=

The spirit looks up, hope shining in his eyes for what must be the first time in a long time.

"THe Exorcists sir? You mean those five wimmenfolk who came here? I'm sorry but... they're in the spirit world now sir."

KonokoHasano wrote:Usagi walks into the hallway and tries to open the first door on the left side.

The door leads into a small sparse bedroom with a single small bed, a cupboard, a dresser and a mirror. Should she look in the other rooms, she would find much of the same... but it looks like the closet in this room had been kicked in recently, given the cracked door and the lack of dust around the impact point.

Knight Errant wrote:Dact... blinks... and lowers his sword... "I dont 'hunt' anything. And as for demons... I only slay them if they give me no other choice. Who are you, miss?"

The demon slowly gets to her feet. Now that she's standing in the light, Dact can see that she's mostly skin and bones, her hair is lanky and unwashed and the ribbons that hide her modesty have seen better days.

"Name's Ryan... used to be a reporter. But last Halloween, I was doing an interest report at some old mansion and got turned into this... they fired me."

Harri-chan wrote:Matt read the note with a frown, one hand lifting to scratch at his head as he did so. After reaching the end, he flipped the note around, and tore the key from it.

"Wonder who she's writing too", he muttered, slipping the note and the key into his pocket before making his way out, rolling a billiard ball across the table as he passed, sending it crashing into others. Stepping back into the corridor, he made his way along to the next door!

The next room is through some double doors at the end of the corridor. It seems to be an office/lounge, considering the crumbling desk directly across from the door, the broken bookshelves at the far wall, the impressive globe of the planet Muffinville occupies next to the desk and the coffee table in the center of the room with comfy chairs around it. THere is also a liquor cabinet on the left wall.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Kether » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:59 am

Blaze wrote:
Kether wrote:*he carefully examines the room trying to get some idea what someone might have been looking for*

Looking around the room, the robot finds a hastily scribbled note in one of the opened drawers!

The Note wrote:Found a key in here. Was hidden in the mattress.

-Logos

Taped to the note is a key!

*takes the key, is there anything nearby that it might be used on in the room?*
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Knight Errant » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:31 pm

Blaze wrote:The demon slowly gets to her feet. Now that she's standing in the light, Dact can see that she's mostly skin and bones, her hair is lanky and unwashed and the ribbons that hide her modesty have seen better days.

"Name's Ryan... used to be a reporter. But last Halloween, I was doing an interest report at some old mansion and got turned into this... they fired me."

Dact's eyes widen a bit as he hears this and sees her state... he sheathes his sword. "My name is Dactylos... and you seem in need of help. What in the world are you doing here?"
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Harri-chan » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:07 pm

Matt grinned to himself as he stepped through into the office. He examined the bookshelves before moving to the liquor cabinet, and searching through it for a glass, as well as browsing the selection of bottles. Picking out one, he poured himself a drink and then went to search through the drawers on that old desk.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby KonokoHasano » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:35 pm

[... weird, I thought I already had posted.]

The door leads into a small sparse bedroom with a single small bed, a cupboard, a dresser and a mirror. Should she look in the other rooms, she would find much of the same... but it looks like the closet in this room had been kicked in recently, given the cracked door and the lack of dust around the impact point.

Usagi frowns as she looks around at the dust. Though her eye soon spots the cracked door, and she makes her way on over. Once over, she tries to open the door.
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:47 pm

Kether wrote:*takes the key, is there anything nearby that it might be used on in the room?*

Looking around, it doesn't look like. The key is a big bulky thing that would only fit into a big bulky keyhole.

Knight Errant wrote:Dact's eyes widen a bit as he hears this and sees her state... he sheathes his sword. "My name is Dactylos... and you seem in need of help. What in the world are you doing here?"

"I live here... lost my house a couple months back." Ryan mutters, rubbing her arm in shame.

"I really didn't want to disturb the bodies, but I've had demon hunters come after me before... wanted to hide somewhere out of the way."

Harri-chan wrote:Matt grinned to himself as he stepped through into the office. He examined the bookshelves before moving to the liquor cabinet, and searching through it for a glass, as well as browsing the selection of bottles. Picking out one, he poured himself a drink and then went to search through the drawers on that old desk.

There are a few bottles in there, one of which is a dark amber liquid. Taking a drink of it, Matt finds that it is very VERY strong whiskey, burning his digestive tract!

IN the drawers, he finds some sheets of paper with faded ink, a few old fountain pens and stamps. All business stuff, not terribly exciting.

KonokoHasano wrote:Usagi frowns as she looks around at the dust. Though her eye soon spots the cracked door, and she makes her way on over. Once over, she tries to open the door.

Through the door is a closet! A bare one, with a few wire coat hangers... and a large key on the ground, taped to a note!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Kether » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:59 pm

Blaze wrote:
Kether wrote:*takes the key, is there anything nearby that it might be used on in the room?*

Looking around, it doesn't look like. The key is a big bulky thing that would only fit into a big bulky keyhole.
!

*does the standard search for secret/hidden doors and since that's unlikely he heads back out into the hall looking for a door nearby that might apply to the key*
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Harri-chan » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:39 pm

Matt coughed as the whiskey went down, and thumped his chest a few times before setting the glass down and wiping a hand across his lips.

Still clearing his throat, he looked through the paper and the pens before frowning, and scratching at the back of his head. Stepping away from the desk again, he grabs the bottle of whisky and slides it into his bag before leaving the office, and returns to the corridor to check the next room!
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Knight Errant » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:00 pm

Dact winces a bit at that. "Would you like to come with me, Ryan? I have a place you could stay... no one would bother you there. I can help you get back on your feet."
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby KonokoHasano » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:08 pm

Through the door is a closet! A bare one, with a few wire coat hangers... and a large key on the ground, taped to a note!

"Hm?" She notices the key and reaches down, picking it up. "What, am I now in some kind of video game where keys are laying around?" She mutters as she takes the note and reads.
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:08 pm

Kether wrote:*does the standard search for secret/hidden doors and since that's unlikely he heads back out into the hall looking for a door nearby that might apply to the key*

Looking around, the machine does not find any suck hole that would fit the key. Perhaps he can ask the others for help? They could have found something.

Harri-chan wrote:Matt coughed as the whiskey went down, and thumped his chest a few times before setting the glass down and wiping a hand across his lips.

Still clearing his throat, he looked through the paper and the pens before frowning, and scratching at the back of his head. Stepping away from the desk again, he grabs the bottle of whisky and slides it into his bag before leaving the office, and returns to the corridor to check the next room!

Matt will find that he has exhausted all the rooms on this side of the hallway! Perhaps it's time to look back downstairs, or meet up with the machine man?

Knight Errant wrote:Dact winces a bit at that. "Would you like to come with me, Ryan? I have a place you could stay... no one would bother you there. I can help you get back on your feet."

The demon girl looks up at Dact, her cheeks going a bit red.

"I... don't get the wrong idea about me, I'm not a succubus or anything, so... if you were hoping for me doing that for you, forget it! I still have SOME dignity!"

KonokoHasano wrote:"Hm?" She notices the key and reaches down, picking it up. "What, am I now in some kind of video game where keys are laying around?" She mutters as she takes the note and reads.

THe note reads as follows.

The Note wrote:I found this note in this closet! Always in the last one you check isn't it? The door on it was locked, so I used the key that God gave me, aka my foot!!!!!

-Jean
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse