Launch of 'The Middle Way!'

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Launch of 'The Middle Way!'

Postby Blaze » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:29 pm

All over Muffinville, flyers have been set up, as things are normally done! They are dark blue with a curious symbol on them. It looks a bit like the shape on the inside of a peace symbol flipped upside down, with an arrow the same blue as the rest of the poster pointing up the middle fork. Underneath it, in yellow writing, is a date, a time and a place... the HQ of Experience, a clothing brand. They also state to dress nice.

Some of the notable people in Muffinville, along with news reporters and other journalists have been sent tickets with the same design, telling them to come. But what could it possibly be for?!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Re: Launch of 'The Middle Way!'

Postby Feng » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:45 pm

Atoq, intrepid Chibi student of Anthropology, arrives dressed in his finest sweater and slacks!

"Most curious" he says, reading the flyer upside down. "What could this be about?" @.@
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:29 am

A Muffinville TV van pulled up outside the Experience HQ, pausing just long enough for Muffi Sugarplum to hop out before it drove off again. The pink-haired teenage reporter was wearing a smart grey skirt that reached mid-thigh, with a pink blouse tucked into it, and a matching business jacket over the top, while her hair was in a ponytail, and she had black leather Mary Janes on her feet.

She squirmed a little, adjusting the quite snug skirt, and made sure the ID badge hanging on a lanyard around her neck was showing as she made her way inside the building, followed by her small, spherical floating camera. Sliding a bright pink flip phone from her jacket pocket, she dialled the number given to her by the contact within the fashion company.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:40 pm

Muffi and Atoq would both see what looks like a mountain in a suit at the door, waiting for people with passes to arrive! Muffi's phone rings three time before the person on the other end picks up... Lucy?!

"... long until that dress is fixed Collete? Hello? Is this that reporter?" the half demon asks. Muffi can hear a lot of commotion coming from her end
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:44 pm

Muffi used her free hand to hold up her pass, making sure the huge guy could see she wasn't trying to sneak it, when someone answered on the other end of the phone. She blushed slightly, and nodded... not used to using a phone.

"Uh... yeah. Muffi Sugarplum. You said to call when I got here... and I just got here", she said.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Zoey » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:58 pm

Collete is working furiously with the model as she fixes the sleeve. "Two more minutes" she says as she tries to do a careful job quickly o.o Two balls of threads and 2 needles in her hair ready to be used as she carefully sews.
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Feng » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:02 pm

Atoq approaches the imposing figure and hands him his flier!

"Here you go" @.@
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Blaze » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:39 pm

Harri-chan wrote:Muffi used her free hand to hold up her pass, making sure the huge guy could see she wasn't trying to sneak it, when someone answered on the other end of the phone. She blushed slightly, and nodded... not used to using a phone.

"Uh... yeah. Muffi Sugarplum. You said to call when I got here... and I just got here", she said.

THe shaved gorilla nods and lets her through. She finds herself in a large lobby with two lines of velvet ropes leading her to a door on her right.

"You're here? Great! Just follow the directions and wait a bit. You'll have a great story! I'm really busy here, but I can do an interview after the show!" Lucy says before hanging up.

Zoey wrote:Collete is working furiously with the model as she fixes the sleeve. "Two more minutes" she says as she tries to do a careful job quickly o.o Two balls of threads and 2 needles in her hair ready to be used as she carefully sews.

Lucy hangs up the phone and walks over , checking Collete's needlework.

"Atta girl! Keep it up!"

Lucy walks around the busy backstage, full of models preparing themselves in front of mirrors and workers doing last minute checks on the dresses. Lucy herself is dressed in a smart purple suit with business skirt, a red cravat tucked into her purple jacket. She wears black stockings and matching purple shoes with a tiny heel to them. Her hair has been left long and unbound and her face is tastefully made up.

"10 minutes until we get started people! If that replacement model doesn't show up, we go without her!"

Feng wrote:Atoq approaches the imposing figure and hands him his flier!

"Here you go" @.@

The wall of muscle takes the flyer and sniffs dismissively.

"You need a ticket, not a flyer."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:59 am

Muffi rolled her eyes when Lucy hung up on her, and she slipped the phone back into her jacket pocket. Making her way between the velvet ropes, she headed for the door on the right, pausing briefly and glancing back before she stepped through it.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Zoey » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:51 am

Collette raised an eyebrow. "I can do this myself. I'm a designer too you know..." says Collette as Lucy checks on her work. Which was up to her standards. She kept on working at a fast pace. "Lucy, we can't be freaking waiting for models now! What are you thinking?!" says Collete with the same anxiaty as Lucy.

Zoey dressed in some capri jeans and a sweater ran as fast as she could to the backstage. She pushed people on the outside trying to make her way inside. "Excuse, excuse me... In a hurry" she said, showing ever guard the tag she got which said she was a model for the event. The out of breath pinkette burst through the backstage doors just as Lucy finished wondering where the replacement was. "Im here!" she says bending over to catch her breath. "Sorry...I didn't find the damned place..." she said.
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby KonokoHasano » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:19 pm

Kurina Yui looks around a little as she arrives at the area. She appeared to be about 15 with shoulder-length, wavy light blue hair and pink eyes. Her clothing was basically as so. Looking around, she gives a hum. "So this was the place?"
Jump up and fly!
My characters
KonokoHasano
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Feng » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 pm

By the time the bouncer has taken the flier Atoq has already wandered inside, oblivious to his lack of proper papers.

@.@

"This place is huge!"
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Blaze » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:34 pm

Harri-chan wrote:Muffi rolled her eyes when Lucy hung up on her, and she slipped the phone back into her jacket pocket. Making her way between the velvet ropes, she headed for the door on the right, pausing briefly and glancing back before she stepped through it.

Into the room, she finds a middling-sized auditorium. Several collapsible chairs surround a catwalk, red velvet curtains closed over the far end. If she listens hard, Muffi can make out the sound of commotion coming from the other side of it!

Looking at the chairs, she may spot one at the front with a sign that bears her name on it.

Zoey wrote:Collette raised an eyebrow. "I can do this myself. I'm a designer too you know..." says Collette as Lucy checks on her work. Which was up to her standards. She kept on working at a fast pace. "Lucy, we can't be freaking waiting for models now! What are you thinking?!" says Collete with the same anxiaty as Lucy.

Zoey dressed in some capri jeans and a sweater ran as fast as she could to the backstage. She pushed people on the outside trying to make her way inside. "Excuse, excuse me... In a hurry" she said, showing ever guard the tag she got which said she was a model for the event. The out of breath pinkette burst through the backstage doors just as Lucy finished wondering where the replacement was. "Im here!" she says bending over to catch her breath. "Sorry...I didn't find the damned place..." she said.

The bouncer lets her through with a nod. Lucy was about to retort when the pinkette bursts in!

"About time! Collette, you finish up the last munite checks, I'll get her ready!"

Without even noticing who the model is, Lucy takes her by the wrist and pulls her into a free changing stall, her face set into a steely frown that begs no argument.

KonokoHasano wrote:Kurina Yui looks around a little as she arrives at the area. She appeared to be about 15 with shoulder-length, wavy light blue hair and pink eyes. Her clothing was basically as so. Looking around, she gives a hum. "So this was the place?"

It does seem like the place! 'Experience' is written on a sign above the door and it seems like people are starting to show up! She just needs to flash her ticket to the bouncer and she's in.

Feng wrote:By the time the bouncer has taken the flier Atoq has already wandered inside, oblivious to his lack of proper papers.

@.@

"This place is huge!"

The bouncer starts to give chase! When...

"Ah, he's with us. Don't mind him sir, he's with us!

The owner of the voice is... Jean! Followed by Blaze, Okuni, Logos and Alex!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Zoey » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:20 am

Zoey is quite surprised by Lucy's quick action and is dragged away. She knows not to question the half demon when she's like this, but she is a bit worried too... for her sake and her own. .__.

Collette groans and shakes her head. "Noobies..." she mumbles as she goes finish the damned sleeve. "Everyone make damn sure to be ready, check up your make up, make sure your clothes are ok. I don't want anything wrong going on!" she shouts to the girls backstage.
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Harri-chan » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:06 am

Muffi spotted the little card displaying her name sitting stop one of the chairs and made her way over to it. Taking the card, she sat herself down, and then pressed a button on the floating camera, and it drifted up over the catwalk, and tried to make its way through the curtain to discover the source of the commotion that could be heard.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Next

Return to the Muffinverse