Silent Night (Open to Everyone ^^)

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Silent Night (Open to Everyone ^^)

Postby Ryan5011 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:45 am

Arisu followed Penny to the center. ~I hope she's okay with this job, she seems very nervous.~
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:13 am

Restless Lucidity wrote:Suddenly, an odd jingle is heard, seeming to come from the ceiling. Although there don't seem to be speakers anywhere to relay voice messages, the voice of an exuberant woman rings throughout the entire building.

"Hello and welcome, one and all! Thank you so very much for your patience! This is Fenestra, the one that posted the fliers all of you have no doubt seen. It is with great pleasure that I would now like to ask, without further adieu, that you all gather in the center of the floor you stand on. There, you will find benches to rest on and a model of one of my very favorite universes, along with Penny, the lovely young lady who will be guiding you on your tour around the library today. Finally, I wish you all the most enjoyable of days here at Silent Night! Toodles!"

With that, the voice seems to disappear, and the room grows somewhat lighter. Bright yellow arrows appear in front of each visitor to guide them to the heart of the room.

"Unyu? Okay!" Utsuko has been trying to resist the urge to examine that shiny blue glowing orb at the center of the model, but with the invitation made to examine it, she immediately darts over to begin inspecting the model!
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Restless Lucidity » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:19 pm

"A-alright everyone!" Penny tries her best to get the attention of the audience with several motions of her hands.

"The tour can start now! I-I'm your guide, and... well..." She rubs the back of her head, and a slight hint of red comes to her cheeks. "I've never done anything like this before! ... but Fenestra thought that I would be good at it, so here I am!" She pauses a moment, a frantic and nervous expression on her face, even though she is trying desperately to hide how utterly uncomfortable she is.

"B-but that's enough standing around and talking! We have a tour to get to!" Penny does her best to give a smile, and motions to the right. "So, let's start of by heading this way!" And with that, Penny walks forward, expecting the crowd to follow her into the different areas of the library.
Last edited by Restless Lucidity on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Captions and characters~

"A [person] may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on." ~ John F. Kennedy
Restless Lucidity
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Cleio » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:26 pm

The nervous looking young man, having taken a seat in the center of the room, stands to begin the tour. He keeps his head on a swivel and strains his eyes in the dim, trying to mentally trying to mark books that would be interesting or advantageous to check out.
Cleio
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:26 pm

Reaching out, Muffi curled her fingers around the top of one book with a red spine, and carefully tugged it out from the shelf. In gold lettering across the front it read simply 'Fairy Tales'. Settling back onto her knees, with her bottom resting on the tiled floor, between her feet, she opened the book and laid it across her lap. One hand brushed pink strands back from her face, tucking them behind her ear, and she began to read.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Restless Lucidity » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:33 pm

Harri-chan wrote:Reaching out, Muffi curled her fingers around the top of one book with a red spine, and carefully tugged it out from the shelf. In gold lettering across the front it read simply 'Fairy Tales'. Settling back onto her knees, with her bottom resting on the tiled floor, between her feet, she opened the book and laid it across her lap. One hand brushed pink strands back from her face, tucking them behind her ear, and she began to read.

As Muffi is reading the book she pulled from the shelf, she feels a poke on her back, and several giggles that seem to come from right behind her. They're enough to make her nervous, and to make her want to look behind herself before continuing with her search through the books. But before she can glance back, she hears the most adorable voice from behind her...

"Hello, Miss~!" The cheerful voice of a smiling girl calls to Muffi, and seems to await her response.
Captions and characters~

"A [person] may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on." ~ John F. Kennedy
Restless Lucidity
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:39 pm

Muffi's heart skipped a beat, and she felt her chest tighten something poked her in the back, but as she heard that adorable voice and turned her head to see the little girl, relief washed over her, and she broke into a wide smile.

"Oh... Hi", she said, blushing a little at having got so nervous, when she could see now there had been no reason for it. Still kneeling, her blue eyes took in the girl's frilly dress.

"Well isn't that the prettiest little dress", she smiled. "Have you come looking for a book? This one starts off pretty well... ", she said, glancing down at the open red book across her lap, and it was as if only then did she realise she had been sitting on the floor reading a book meant for children.

"Would you... like this one?", she asked, carefully closing it up, and holding it out towards the little girl.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Restless Lucidity » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:51 pm

Smiles brightly, her expression alone being almost enough to make Muffi blush. Beside the girl are a few other young women, all in similar, frilly outfits of different colors.

"Oh! No, but thank you very much anyway." The girl continues to smile at Muffi, her presence making her feel so warm... so happy... it was almost intoxicating, much like the room itself was. "I'm Laeti, and these are a few of my friends. We happened to see you come in and were wondering if maybe... you wanted to play with us?"

Of course, you briefly wonder why they're here... who their parents are, and if they had any. All of these thoughts seem to disappear into the recesses of your thoughts, however, the longer you stare into Laeti's eyes...
Captions and characters~

Restless Lucidity
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:55 pm

Restless Lucidity wrote:"A-alright everyone!" Penny tries her best to get the attention of the audience with several motions of her hands.

"The tour can start now! I-I'm your guide, and... well..." She rubs the back of her head, and a slight hint of red comes to her cheeks. "I've never done anything like this before! ... but Fenestra thought that I would be good at it, so here I am!" She pauses a moment, a frantic and nervous expression on her face, even though she is trying desperately to hide how utterly uncomfortable she is.

"B-but that's enough standing around and talking! We have a tour to get to!" Penny does her best to give a smile, and motions to the right. "So, let's start of by heading this way!" And with that, Penny walks forward, expecting the crowd to follow her into the different areas of the library.

"Unyu?" Utsuko waves an arm at the model hanging above them! "But what about this model! Aren't you going to tell us what that cool glowing globe is?"
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:01 pm

Muffi's eyes widened in surprise to see they were far from alone in the beautiful room, and she lightly scratched her head as she wondered how she had failed to notice them come in. "Huh... I thought everyone had to stay downstairs... ", she murmured to herself before her attention returned to Latei.

"I'm Muffi", she introduced herself, and she laughed nervously as the little girl asked if she wanted to play. "I'm here for work... ", she continued, although her voice wavered slightly, and she looked... unsure for a moment. Her teeth lightly pinched her bottom lip between eachother, and she tilted her head just a tiny bit to the side while studying the youngster.

"I guess it couldn't hurt to just take a little time out from work...", she said with a shrug, and reached up, flicking a switch on the floating camera. The blinking red light went out, and it softly landed upon the floor, falling still. Muffi placed the red book beside it, and climbed to her feet, brushing off her swishy skirt with her hands.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Restless Lucidity » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:11 pm

Jello Shot Mischa wrote:"Unyu?" Utsuko waves an arm at the model hanging above them! "But what about this model! Aren't you going to tell us what that cool glowing globe is?"

Penny stops in her tracks. ~ Oh my gosh... I forgot something! I'm already falling all over myself, and we haven't even left the first room... ~

"O-oh! Right..." Penny turns around to look at Utsuko with a noticeable red flush on her face. "That's a model Cae... Calum..." Penny stumbles with words trying to remember what it is. ~ Wasn't it...? Oh, wait! I remember! ~

"It's a model of Caelum Amplexu, the name of a galaxy in one of Fenestra's favorite books!" Penny can barely stop herself from heaving a huge sigh of relief. "That blue light in the center is the world's sun. In the story, the sun burned out, but people worked together in order to make a new one. It just so happened that the new sun was blue. Their civilization was really cooperative and advanced!"
Captions and characters~

Restless Lucidity
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Cleio » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:27 pm

The nervous looking young man, stares at the model with a thoughtful look upon his face.

"Even if a society was very cooperative, how would they go about making a new sun."

The young man realizes that he is speaking out loud and quickly hushes himself up.
Cleio
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Restless Lucidity » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:51 pm

Harri-chan wrote:Muffi's eyes widened in surprise to see they were far from alone in the beautiful room, and she lightly scratched her head as she wondered how she had failed to notice them come in. "Huh... I thought everyone had to stay downstairs... ", she murmured to herself before her attention returned to Latei.

"I'm Muffi", she introduced herself, and she laughed nervously as the little girl asked if she wanted to play. "I'm here for work... ", she continued, although her voice wavered slightly, and she looked... unsure for a moment. Her teeth lightly pinched her bottom lip between eachother, and she tilted her head just a tiny bit to the side while studying the youngster.

"I guess it couldn't hurt to just take a little time out from work...", she said with a shrug, and reached up, flicking a switch on the floating camera. The blinking red light went out, and it softly landed upon the floor, falling still. Muffi placed the red book beside it, and climbed to her feet, brushing off her swishy skirt with her hands.

Nods her head and still continues to smile.

"You always need some time to play, right?" Holds her hand out to Muffi. "Come on. We were about to play musical chairs."
Captions and characters~

Restless Lucidity
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:00 pm

Muffi gently took Laeti's hand, blushing a little at how she'd gone from doing serious work, to entering a game of musical chairs with these children.

"Oh wow, that's one of my favourites!", she said, not realising just how patronising she came across. She wasn't used to dealing with kids, and while her intentions were good, she had no idea how to treat a ten year old any differently from a two year old. Her blue eyes looked around at the girls in their adorable little dresses as she was led into the middle by Laeti.

"I hope you girls are going to go easy on me. It's been a long time since I played this... ".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Restless Lucidity » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:53 pm

Laeti gazes into Muffi's eyes... and she begins to feel less out of place among the children. More at home, like she had nothing to be embarrassed about here. It was strange... but after looking into her eyes, it became easier to see the children on a different level. It felt like she was much closer to them than she did just moments ago.

"Don't worry, Muffi! Just keep holding my hand. I'll help you get used to it, okay?" Laeti kept a firm, but still soft, grasp on Muffi's hand. The pair stood holding hands as part of a circle of children that had formed around the piano in the center of the room. And all of a sudden, a petite girl, perhaps even younger than the rest of them, began to play a happy melody as chairs appeared behind the circle of children. Laeti guided Muffi around the circle, never letting go of Muffi's hand, and giving her clues as to when to sit down. The pair continue to run around the room, grabbing seats as quickly as they can when the music stops until they and about 15 other children still remain. Changes start to take place in the midst of this chaos; Muffi's hair starts to loose some of its pink color, becoming lighter over time, and thinner... it doesn't stick out as much, and becomes more relaxed and straight, and to the touch, it would feel like the softest silk. As time wears on, it goes from being pink to a color closer to a platinum blond, and a pure white rose appears in her hair above her right ear. All of Muffi's clothes have become lighter colors, and seem to be growing lighter still, each color slowly becoming a white as pure as that of the rose.

In addition, she's lost a bit of height since the song began. She's closer to Laeti's height now, and the height of the rest of the children in the room. And the changes don't seem as if they're anywhere close to stopping...
Captions and characters~

Restless Lucidity
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse