Silent Night (Open to Everyone ^^)

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Silent Night (Open to Everyone ^^)

Postby Restless Lucidity » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:29 pm

Suddenly, an odd jingle is heard, seeming to come from the ceiling. Although there don't seem to be speakers anywhere to relay voice messages, the voice of an exuberant woman rings throughout the entire building.

"Hello and welcome, one and all! Thank you so very much for your patience! This is Fenestra, the one that posted the fliers all of you have no doubt seen. It is with great pleasure that I would now like to ask, without further adieu, that you all gather in the center of the floor you stand on. There, you will find benches to rest on and a model of one of my very favorite universes, along with Penny, the lovely young lady who will be guiding you on your tour around the library today. Finally, I wish you all the most enjoyable of days here at Silent Night! Toodles!"

With that, the voice seems to disappear, and the room grows somewhat lighter. Bright yellow arrows appear in front of each visitor to guide them to the heart of the room.
Captions and characters~

"A [person] may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on." ~ John F. Kennedy
Restless Lucidity
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Ryan5011 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:34 pm

"Finally~." Arisu said aloud as she walked up to Penny, getting a little impatient for this to start.
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:36 pm

Muffi had only made it up a couple of the steps when the voice reached her ears, causing her to pause as she listened. Once the message had finished, she chewed her bottom lip, glancing further up the staircase, and then back through to the central room that she'd come from, clearly torn wether to attending the scheduled event, or to explore on her own.

Drawing a deep breath, she proceeded up the staircase, hurrying her pace before anyone else official looking came along and ordered her back to the main gathering. The sphere floated along after her, the pink skirt lightly swishing around her knees as she took the steps two at a time, all the way to the top!
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Feng » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:40 pm

Perks her head up.

"Huh? Oh, they mentioned my name. What was I supposed to do now?"

.... ....

"D'oh!" she says with a face palm. "Of course! Silly Penny! I must go to the center and-oof!" she stammers, accidentally bumping into Arisu.
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ryan5011 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:42 pm

Arisu was knocked off her balance and fell to the floor. "Careful..." Arisu said to Penny as she got up and dusted herself off. ~Is she really our tour guide?~
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Restless Lucidity » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:55 pm

Ryan5011 wrote:Arisu was knocked off her balance and fell to the floor. "Careful..." Arisu said to Penny as she got up and dusted herself off. ~Is she really our tour guide?~

(Since Feng is going to be gone a while, I'm going to take control of Penny for just a bit. ^^)

Stumbles and falls backward, and after taking a moment to recover, rubs the areas that are sore after the fall. A small frown appears on her face, and after a second, Penny blinks a few times, and looks up to Arisu with a blush.

"O-oh my goodness! I'm so, so sorry, Miss! ><" She bows deeply in apology. "I was in a rush, and, and... I didn't see you..."
Captions and characters~

"A [person] may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on." ~ John F. Kennedy
Restless Lucidity
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:10 pm

All Muffi had to illuminate her way was the tiny flashing red light on her floating camera. She ran her hand along the banister as she got to the top of the stairs, her heart beginning to race inside her chest as she ventured along the dark corridor of the upper floor. Part of her wanted to turn back, but something was urging her on, desperate to produce a report that would impress the boss that had sent her.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Restless Lucidity » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:22 pm

Harri-chan wrote:All Muffi had to illuminate her way was the tiny flashing red light on her floating camera. She ran her hand along the banister as she got to the top of the stairs, her heart beginning to race inside her chest as she ventured along the dark corridor of the upper floor. Part of her wanted to turn back, but something was urging her on, desperate to produce a report that would impress the boss that had sent her.

As Muffi finds her way to the top of the stairs, a faint light comes into view, and once she reaches the top, Muffi sees another set of double doors.The doors have an intricate floral pattern carved into them, and the knobs take the form of roses. She can't, however, make out the colors on the door; the lighting is too dim.

For a fleeting moment, Muffi hears the quiet, dulled echo of what she could only imagine as being a giggle. While not exactly haunting, the giggle is still strange to hear, and makes the prospect of opening the double doors a bit more uncertain than before...
Captions and characters~

Restless Lucidity
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:25 pm

Restless Lucidity wrote:Suddenly, an odd jingle is heard, seeming to come from the ceiling. Although there don't seem to be speakers anywhere to relay voice messages, the voice of an exuberant woman rings throughout the entire building.

"Hello and welcome, one and all! Thank you so very much for your patience! This is Fenestra, the one that posted the fliers all of you have no doubt seen. It is with great pleasure that I would now like to ask, without further adieu, that you all gather in the center of the floor you stand on. There, you will find benches to rest on and a model of one of my very favorite universes, along with Penny, the lovely young lady who will be guiding you on your tour around the library today. Finally, I wish you all the most enjoyable of days here at Silent Night! Toodles!"

With that, the voice seems to disappear, and the room grows somewhat lighter. Bright yellow arrows appear in front of each visitor to guide them to the heart of the room.

And here we go... *Yoko turns away from a book she was inspecting and follows the arrows to the center of the room. There, she meets back up with Ookalf, and the two take a seat at one of the benches.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:27 pm

Approaching the doors, Muffi traced her fingers along the pattern that was carved into the wood, and brushed her palms against the rose-shaped handles before wrapping her hands around them and twisted slowly. She began to inch the door open, only to pause when she thought she heard a giggle, yet after waiting a second or two to listen, she told herself that she must have been imagining the sound.

She drew a deep breath, her knees now trembling slightly beneath her weight as she forced herself to pull the set of doors open further, her curiosity winning out over her nervousness. Opening them just enough so she could squeeze her skinny body through the gap, she did exactly that, letting them close behind her...
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Ryan5011 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:29 pm

"I-It's okay." Arisu really didn't like people bowing to her, she wasn't quite an important person after all, she just loved seeing new things, and thought this library may have a book that would tell her a bit about Muffinville.
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Blaze » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:29 pm

Nova was busying herself looking at the books, her eyes fairly adept at looking in the dark when she hears the chirpy announcement. Carefully, she makes her way to the center and waits patiently.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Restless Lucidity » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:10 pm

Ryan5011 wrote:"I-It's okay." Arisu really didn't like people bowing to her, she wasn't quite an important person after all, she just loved seeing new things, and thought this library may have a book that would tell her a bit about Muffinville.

Penny gives a small nod and stands back up, dusting herself off as well.

"I-I'll be more careful in the future..." She's still blushing a bit, but she looks less rattled than before. "But for now, I have to go talk to everyone and tell them about the library. I'm the tour guide, you know!"

And with that, Penny walks briskly toward the front of the gathering audience in preparation to speak. ~ I really hope I don't screw this up >< ~

Harri-chan wrote:Approaching the doors, Muffi traced her fingers along the pattern that was carved into the wood, and brushed her palms against the rose-shaped handles before wrapping her hands around them and twisted slowly. She began to inch the door open, only to pause when she thought she heard a giggle, yet after waiting a second or two to listen, she told herself that she must have been imagining the sound.

She drew a deep breath, her knees now trembling slightly beneath her weight as she forced herself to pull the set of doors open further, her curiosity winning out over her nervousness. Opening them just enough so she could squeeze her skinny body through the gap, she did exactly that, letting them close behind her...

The room Muffi steps into is quite bright, likely due to the presence of a stunningly beautiful pink chandelier with many lights of varying colors lining it. The floor consists of beautiful white tiles that have been decorated with spiraling floral patterns that circle around the room, ultimately leading to a rose pattern in the center of the floor. To her right, Muffi can see one of the stained glass windows, and a dazzling show of lights of all colors filtering in to the room through it. Like the floor below, immense bookcases rise to the ceiling, the only differences being that the bookcases curved to conform to the circular shape of the room, and that the books on the shelves looked considerably more... colorful.

Everything about this room feels... refreshing. Elegant, but also pleasant, youthful, and new. To Muffi's left is a sign labelled, in a beautiful font and pink lettering, 'Children's Section'. Everything about this room is alluring... and in the center of the room, above the rose that adorns the floor, lies a pink piano playing upbeat melodies on its own. The piano, even more so than anything else in the room, seems to stand out to her... it's quite beautiful, really. An instrument that lovely deserves to be played, but perhaps some exploration of the room is in order before she goes to it.
Captions and characters~

Restless Lucidity
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:06 am

The brightness of the room was unexpected, and Muffi squinted as her eyes had to readjust to going from the dark to the light. Her mouth fell open as her gaze was immediately drawn to the pink chandelier above, but she also took in the beautiful patterns on the floor as she walked across the room.

"This is... beautiful...", she murmured to the floating camera, quite stunned by the beauty of the room, even if it was overwhelmingly feminine. Even though she wore a very pink outfit herself, it wasn't through her own choice, and she was actually rather embarrassed about it all, but for the moment she forget about all that, the light skirt swishing up a little as she turned in a circle to take in the room. She stood and gazed up at the stained glass windows, the little floating camera twisting and turning to record it all.

"Children's section?", she gasped as she saw the sign, her sneakers pattering across the tiles to the pink lettered sign. "All this work... for the children's section?". At first, she wondered if that was a mistake, but as she walked along the curved bookshelves, she saw the colourful spines. The more of it she took in, the more she fell in love with the room.

"It's so... relaxing...", she said with a sigh, either talking to herself or her camera as she found herself tapping a foot to the music. Pink hair flicked across her back as she turned suddenly to see the pink piano that was playing itself. Her blue eyes widened, and she shook her head gently in disbelief.

"If all libraries are like this... I wish I'd come sooner", she murmured. Muffi was a huge fan of comic book, but she actually couldn't remember the last time she'd read a proper book. The thought actually made her feel guilty, now that she could see how much work had gone into this room alone. She started to look across the titles of some of the books, tilting her head to one side, and then lowered herself down onto her knees, the tiles cool against the bare skin of her legs, her butt poking out a little as she leaned forward on all fours and read the names of the books on the bottom row.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:21 am

Nova waits patiently as Penny tries to compose herself enough to give the tour. Noticing the girl's nervous behavior, she is reminded of herself somewhat...

'Is that how I act?... poor girl.'

She gives Penny an encouraging smile and a thumbs up, mouthing, 'You can do it!'
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse