Silent Night (Open to Everyone ^^)

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Silent Night (Open to Everyone ^^)

Postby Blaze » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:26 pm

Nova quickly scampers inside, pausing at the threshold to flick some water from her tail. She walks in , looking around intently.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Cleio » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:57 pm

A young man in his late teens quickly runs up and enters the library. Reading and researching has been the story of most of his life, having been told that it would help him get into a good university and help him get a good career. He quickly has a look around, hoping to himself he can find a good book to read...something to give him an edge on upcoming university entrance exams.

"Aw sweet...I'm not too late"

The young man runs his fingers through his rather messy short brown hair. He is wearing a black t-shirt and a simple well worn pair of jeans. A pair of glasses rests upon his head sitting in front of a pair of light blue eyes. His shaky demeanor gives away the fact that he is rather awkward in public situations.
Cleio
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:53 am

A skinny, pink-haired teenage girl of about fourteen, wearing a smart, long-sleeved white cotton blouse, a floaty, pink knee length skirt with white polka dots, and pink and white sneakers on her feet arrived at the library. She can't have come very far, as despite the unexpectedness of the downpour, she had a pink umbrella to keep her dry in one hand, and one of the flyers clutched in the other. A small, metallic sphere floated in behind her, with several dark circles on it's surface.

Shaking the rain off the umbrella, she carefully closed it up and slipped it into a pink shoulder bag that hardly seemed large enough to contain it before straightening her clothing and using her free hand to sweep loose strands of hair from her face. Wandering forward into the building, her blue eyes looked out for someone that seemed like they might be in charge of it all.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Ryan5011 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:39 am

Arisu soon came into the library, wondering who the person that would greet them would look like.
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:21 am

Utsuko quickly follows the others inside, fluttering her wings a bit to dry them! She starts snapping pictures of the interior of the library immediately, however.
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Restless Lucidity » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:25 pm

The inside of the library is every bit as breathtaking as the outside; the walls are made of dark red wood, and the floor appears to be made of the same material. Marble that's a similar color to the platform outside also comprises a good portion of the floor, particularly in the center of the room. Immense bookcases that rise to the ceilings can be found everywhere throughout the library. There are also two massive staircases that lead up to the second floor of the building toward the back of the room.

Perhaps the most prominent thing about this room, though, is the center. In it, there is what appears to be a massive model of planets revolving slowly around a glowing neon blue object. The light coming from this object is very bright, especially considering how dark the room is; aside from the light filtering in from the stained glass windows and the somewhat dim light coming from the five chandeliers in each corner of the room, the room is a bit hard to see in. Someone who has trouble seeing in low light areas might end up bumping into the bookcases at times.

Despite it being the library's grand opening, not much about the library appears to be very festive, and the staff members don't seem overly eager to welcome visitors, either. There is one exception to this rule, however... and she will reveal herself soon enough.

In the mean time, it seems that all of the visitors are free to explore the first floor of the library. Certainly, though... this Fenestra would have to reveal herself sooner or later to show her guests around.
Captions and characters~

"A [person] may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on." ~ John F. Kennedy
Restless Lucidity
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:35 pm

The pink-haired teen wandered the library, taking note of the impressive decor, although it was clear her main goal was to find the one in charge. Eventually she grew frustrated and turned to the floating sphere. Reaching out, she flicked a switch on it's side and a red light began to flash. Sliding an arm into her shoulder bag, she withdrew a microphone topped with pink and brought it to her lips.

"This is Muffi Sugarplum, reporting from the grand opening of the new Silent Night library!", she said in a cheerful tone to the sphere, before it slowly rotated, taking in the breathtaking views, the model of the planets in particular. As she resumed her walk around, the sphere followed after her. "Let's see what different sections they have here, shall we?", she continued. "I'm sure there's something here for everyone!".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Restless Lucidity » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:23 pm

A girl in an intricately woven dress walks up to Muffi. The girl looks quite outlandish, even to her; she has white hair with a slightly green hue to it along with many decorative accessories, all of which seem to be garden themed. She proceeds to look Muffi up and down, eventually locking eyes with her, her gaze emotionless, perhaps somewhat stern...

"Miss... whatever are you doing? That is property of the library, and you shouldn't be touching it." She folds her arms and continues to stare at Muffi. "And if you are growing impatient, don't fret. My employer will be with us shortly. But I really must ask you to cease your interaction with the loudspeaker. There is already another maiden who has been designated to guide the visitors today."
Captions and characters~

"A [person] may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on." ~ John F. Kennedy
Restless Lucidity
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Feng » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:35 pm

Picks(?) scratches the back of her head before letting out a tiny inaudible eep!

"Aya! I've overslept again!" she says with a blush, wiping the drool from her face before straightening her uniform. "I do hope I'm not too late to welcome the visitors...." :oops:

Shaking her head the young librarian attempts to figure out what it is she should be doing now, trying her hardest not to make a total mess of her first day of the job.
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:36 pm

Muffi turned at the sound of a hushed voice to find the girl with the green-tinted hair standing beside her. For a moment, she found herself studying that dress before managing to meet her gaze, and her cheeks flushed with a rosy red colour.

"I'm Muffi Sugarplum, I was sent to cover the grand opening by Muffinville TV", she said, and lifted her microphone slightly, tapping a finger to the logo that was plastered along the side of it. "This is my camera", she nodded to the floating sphere, and just below the flashing red light it said 'Recording'. The way the girl was staring at her made her slightly uncomfortable, and she rubbed one hand back and forth against the back of her neck.

"I really need to send a good report back to my bosses this time... my last couple of stories didn't turn out so well...".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Ryan5011 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:55 pm

"Seems we have a news reporter..." Arisu mumbled to herself to herself, and kept on eavesdropping. "Still no sign of the owner though."
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Restless Lucidity » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:04 pm

Harri-chan wrote:Muffi turned at the sound of a hushed voice to find the girl with the green-tinted hair standing beside her. For a moment, she found herself studying that dress before managing to meet her gaze, and her cheeks flushed with a rosy red colour.

"I'm Muffi Sugarplum, I was sent to cover the grand opening by Muffinville TV", she said, and lifted her microphone slightly, tapping a finger to the logo that was plastered along the side of it. "This is my camera", she nodded to the floating sphere, and just below the flashing red light it said 'Recording'. The way the girl was staring at her made her slightly uncomfortable, and she rubbed one hand back and forth against the back of her neck.

"I really need to send a good report back to my bosses this time... my last couple of stories didn't turn out so well...".

"I... see." The girl tries her best to smile at Muffi. "Well, Miss... Muffi, I do hope you enjoy your time here. I should go to check on the librarian who will be your hostess, however, so I must be off now."

And with that, the dress-clad girl walks off, disappearing behind one of the many massive bookcases...

Picks(?) scratches the back of her head before letting out a tiny inaudible eep!

"Aya! I've overslept again!" she says with a blush, wiping the drool from her face before straightening her uniform. "I do hope I'm not too late to welcome the visitors...." :oops:

Shaking her head the young librarian attempts to figure out what it is she should be doing now, trying her hardest not to make a total mess of her first day of the job.

The same girl finds her way to the room where Penny (Picks) is, and turns to her once she comes into view.

"Ah, there you are, Miss. Penny." Despite her somewhat unnerving presence, this woman, who you recognize as your mentor of sorts while you adjust to the job, tries to give you a reassuring smile. Her name is Flos, as you recall from the orientation this morning when you two were introduced. "We are running a bit late, but the visitors have still just arrived. Just remember what I told you: even though you'll be nervous, do your best to get their attention. Once you have it, do your best to show them around, and the majesty of the library will handle the rest." Flos motions towards the door. "Now come along. And don't worry, I'm sure you'll be just fine."
Captions and characters~

Restless Lucidity
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Feng » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:07 pm

Penny blushes as she bows.

"Thank you very much Miss Flos. I won't let you down" o///o

Collecting herself young Penny does her best to locate the newcomers, putting her game face on.
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:13 pm

Muffi appeared rather relieved once the woman had walked off, leaving her to her own devices once more. "I'll edit that out later... ", she muttered quietly, her blue eyes following Flos until she was out of sight. "Hopefully this girl that's showing us around will be a little more friendly".

She ventured down one of the halls, brushing her fingers along the dark red wood, her sneakers softly tapping along the marble floor, and eventually came to the bottom of the two large staircases. Tilting her head, she peered up them, and had a quick glance back over her shoulders before she started to ascend...
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Ookalf » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:20 pm

Restless Lucidity wrote:The inside of the library is every bit as breathtaking as the outside; the walls are made of dark red wood, and the floor appears to be made of the same material. Marble that's a similar color to the platform outside also comprises a good portion of the floor, particularly in the center of the room. Immense bookcases that rise to the ceilings can be found everywhere throughout the library. There are also two massive staircases that lead up to the second floor of the building toward the back of the room.

Perhaps the most prominent thing about this room, though, is the center. In it, there is what appears to be a massive model of planets revolving slowly around a glowing neon blue object. The light coming from this object is very bright, especially considering how dark the room is; aside from the light filtering in from the stained glass windows and the somewhat dim light coming from the five chandeliers in each corner of the room, the room is a bit hard to see in. Someone who has trouble seeing in low light areas might end up bumping into the bookcases at times.

Despite it being the library's grand opening, not much about the library appears to be very festive, and the staff members don't seem overly eager to welcome visitors, either. There is one exception to this rule, however... and she will reveal herself soon enough.

In the mean time, it seems that all of the visitors are free to explore the first floor of the library. Certainly, though... this Fenestra would have to reveal herself sooner or later to show her guests around.

Whoa... This place is pretty cool! *Ookalf walks up to the model in the middle of the room and watches it closely.*

Yeah... *Yoko doesn't get quite as distracted by the pretty lights, instead walking over to the bookcases to see what they hold.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse