Silent Night (Open to Everyone ^^)

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Silent Night (Open to Everyone ^^)

Postby Restless Lucidity » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:04 pm

(EDIT: Just so anyone participating is aware, I'm (typically) online from 3 - 11 PM EST on Weekdays and 11PM - 1AM on Weekends. Those are the times I'll be here and be able to help the RP progress. Oh, and while I'm at it, thanks so much for being here! ^-^)

(Foreword: This is, more than likely, going to end up being something of a horror RP that, obviously, will contain some zappy. If you're uncomfortable with things like emotional manipulation, memory alteration, and generally losing control of your own emotions or mind, then be forewarned that this is, more than likely, going to contain a lot of perceptive manipulation in general. Maybe even mind control. Characters that get involved with this may temporarily lose many of their abilities and have their appearances changed. These changes, however, will not likely be of significant concern for most. These changes could include AR, AP, male to female and female to male gender swaps, and temporary disfigurement. If you want to back out at any point, or if you find anything particularly disturbing, feel free to tell me. Otherwise, thank you for your interest. ^^)

It's a beautiful fall morning in Muffinville, and vibrantly colored leaves are just starting to fall from the trees in the area. The birds are happily chanting melodies, and morning dew still rests on the leaves of some plants. With the sun high in the sky, and pleasant, cool weather to make the atmosphere all the more wonderful, it seems like an ideal day for just about anyone to go have an adventure outside. Muffinville seems unusually quiet, however, despite the ideal conditions.

Perhaps the most interesting thing about this day, though, are the messages that none seem to be able to venture around Muffinville, perhaps even the entirety of the Muffin Continent, without seeing: fliers have appeared, on nearly every door and street corner, with a message to invite those who happen upon them to the grand opening of a certain library...

"Greetings, one and all! It has taken many long days and nights, but at long last, my library, Silent Night, is preparing to welcome its very first visitors! I, Fenestra, would like to welcome any man, woman, or child reading this invitation to attend the grand unveiling of perhaps the greatest establishment ever to grace Muffinville. I can personally guarantee that the festivities will be enjoyable, and that the event will be something that each visitor will remember for the rest of their lives.

So please, join myself and the Silent Night staff today at 12 PM sharp for what will most certainly be a day to endure in your memories."
Last edited by Restless Lucidity on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captions and characters~

"A [person] may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on." ~ John F. Kennedy
Restless Lucidity
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Re: Silent Night (Open to Everyone ^^)

Postby Feng » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:58 pm

A shady character approaches the Silent Night library shiftily as he eyes the mysterious facility up and down. Like any good spy he sports the trademark trench coat, fedora and shades.

::Picks here:: says the gentleman speaking into a communicator in the collar of his shirt. ::I have arrived at the library. Orders?::

::Excellent Mr. Picks:: replies a voice on the other end. ::Your assignment is to infiltrate the library and obtain what information you can about its structure and schematics. Once you've succeeded you are to return to rendezvous point Gamma for further orders.::

::It will be done Bones:: he replies as he casually scans his surroundings.
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Restless Lucidity » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:23 pm

Feng wrote:A shady character approaches the Silent Night library shiftily as he eyes the mysterious facility up and down. Like any good spy he sports the trademark trench coat, fedora and shades.

::Picks here:: says the gentleman speaking into a communicator in the collar of his shirt. ::I have arrived at the library. Orders?::

::Excellent Mr. Picks:: replies a voice on the other end. ::Your assignment is to infiltrate the library and obtain what information you can about its structure and schematics. Once you've succeeded you are to return to rendezvous point Gamma for further orders.::

::It will be done Bones:: he replies as he casually scans his surroundings.

Leaves blow in a sudden gust of cool wind, one of them brushing Picks' side. In front of Picks is the library, a truly massive structure in the shape of a hexagon. Stained glass windows with various, ornate designs can be found on every side of the building. In the center of the structure, a large clock tower reaches far above any of the other buildings in the area. The clock reads 11:30; the doors to the library will not open for another half an hour.

The library itself is an elegant cool brown color, and large columns on each 'vertex' of the hexagon rise to the top of the building. Directly in front of Picks are the double doors to the entrance, a red carpet leading to the door, and two statues on either side of the door: one an angel, the other a devil. The ground beneath Picks is made of marble; the library itself stands on top of another hexagon-shaped dais made of the aforementioned material. Aside from the rustling of trees and gusts of wind, the area nearby is mostly silent.

This area is flanked on all sides by buildings; the nearby area is like a downtown district of sorts. The area seems as if it would look quite beautiful at night.
Captions and characters~

"A [person] may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on." ~ John F. Kennedy
Restless Lucidity
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Ryan5011 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:29 pm

(Pic linked isn't completely accurate, the top part of the clothing is still over her shoulders xD Otherwise, yeah it's accurate)

Arisu appears in the adapted miko costume she had just bought from Circe's shop...Jeez she finds places to change in quite fast, as she wasn't wearing it when she left the store. Arisu looked at the Library entrance. "I wonder if Kain's here...somewhere." Arisu whispered softly to herself, still gazing at the libraries entrance.

(Just don't FtM me or Furry me, those are two no-no's for me and I'll back out once that happens, I don't mind becoming a neko girl or Kitsune though xD AR's that go under 8 PM me for permission though, same going for memory alteration that isn't minor, though if you do personality altering, feel free to a certain extent, I'll PM you if it's a little too far '^-^ Also, I may make any of the TF's here a form that Arisu can switch between if I like the forms enough, otherwise I won't make it universal xD)
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Blaze » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:45 pm

Nova meekly approaches the library, having seen one of the flyers on one of her shopping runs for the Hasano mansion. Now on break, she is using her freee time to check out this new library.

Unfortunately, she is early! So she sits on a nearby bench and nibbles at some sandwiches as she waits.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Restless Lucidity » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:57 pm

The hands on the massive clock, as well as another, seemingly superfluous, small clock to the right of the double doors tick and tock, slowly counting away the seconds. The hands move to indicate that it's 11:34, then 11:38, and finally, 11:45. It won't be long until the doors open and reveal the interior of this grand structure...

... but in the meantime, birds play in the summer sun, bathing together in an immaculately clean bird bath nearby. Gusts of cool wind blow, providing momentary diversions from the seemingly long wait for the doors to open.
Captions and characters~

Restless Lucidity
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Ryan5011 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:03 pm

Arisu sat on the grassy ground, waiting for the doors to open. "Only 15 more minutes." Arisu looked to her left, where the benches are and notices Nova nibbling on a sandwich.
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Feng » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:05 pm

Mr. Picks decided to pass the time by lighting one of his smokes while he still had the chance. He had a feeling the library would have a no smoking policy.

He glances over at Nova and then Arisu before wandering closer to the library itself.
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Blaze » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:09 pm

Nova finishes off her first sandwich when she notices Arisu looking a her. Her cheeks go red as she waves at the miko.

"H-Hello... are you here to visit the library too?"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Restless Lucidity » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:13 pm

A younger girl with brown hair, glasses, and an umbrella despite the weather, walks up to the library. She glances at the other guests, and walks to the left side of the double doors. She leans one foot on the side of the library and glances up at the sky.
Captions and characters~

Restless Lucidity
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Ryan5011 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:19 pm

"Yeah." Arisu waved back. "Thought I'd check out the library, the ad seemed interesting." If one were to look close at Arisu, she had a grimiore with her, the pages looked like they were made of gold.
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Feng » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:25 pm

Picks notices said shiny grimiore but doesn't do more than plot to himself. He barely notices the newcomer but instead focuses on the upcoming mission, wishing that noon would hurry up and arrive already.
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:26 pm

*Ookalf has also seen the fliers scattered about town, and so rides up to the library on his bike, along with his "daughter" Yoko. Once they've pulled up to the building, the latter climbs off the bike and checks her watch.* 11:45... Looks like we managed to get here early, Dad.

Yep! I told you we'd make it, didn't?

You did, you did... *Yoko looks up at the building while Ookalf climbs off the bike and sets up the kickstand.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Blaze » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:28 pm

"I-It really did, right? Most libraries are government things, but this one seems private... I wonder who owns it." Nova murmurs, fidgeting and poking her fingers together. Seems she is bad at socializing!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Ryan5011 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:32 pm

"Hey, no need to be nervous." Arisu said to Nova, trying to give her some encouragement, and maybe boost that self confidence that may or may not be holding back her speech. "As for who owns it, I don't really know anyone here. Does it matter who owns it?"
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Next

Return to the Muffinverse