Maria: Learning the Ropes (Open to all)

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Maria: Learning the Ropes (Open to all)

Postby Blaze » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:30 pm

Yama appears in a field outside Muffinville with Maria in tow. The field is rather elevated, resulting in a stiff breeze blowing through every now and again. Sakura trees line one end of the field, scattering petals everywhere with every gust. As the field isn't exactly private property, people could wander by at any time!

"We shall train here." Yama says, letting go of Maria's hand
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Re: Maria: Learning the Ropes (Open to all)

Postby Ryan5011 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:47 pm

Maria had just grabbed her sword before Yama had teleported them to the field outside of Muffinville. The first thing she noticed were the sakura trees. She didn't let this distract her from what she came to do though, and began 'shadow boxing' with her sword by swinging horizontally to the right a few times. She normally would have swung vertically towards the ground, but her weapon was as big as herself unfortunately. The sword wasn't exactly being swung straight however. Given, she isn't used to it quite yet, but the swings weren't terrible...Hopefully.
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Blaze » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:50 pm

Yama quickly hops out of the way of the swipes!

"Eager are we? Slow down Miss Maria and let the memories I gave you surface. You are not even holding the sword right." :P
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Ryan5011 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:01 pm

Miki stopped swinging her sword after she was told she was holding the sword wrong. "Eh? Really? I guess I should slow down a little." Maria looked around at the scenery. While she looked at the scenery, Maria was trying to focus on the memories Yama had given her earlier rather than focusing entirely on her practice, hoping that might help the memories 'click' a bit.
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Blaze » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:04 pm

As she thinks, the first memory seems to slide into place... grasping the sword. Dominant hand directly under the hilt, other hand down by the pommel.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Ryan5011 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:55 pm

Maria loosened her right hands grip and then gripped the handle tightly once her hand would be under the hilt. After that, she brought her left hand on the sword near the pommel, now holding it with two hands. ~Alright, that worked, what's next.~ Maria said to herself in her mind, also taking note she may want to get something to put her sword in after this, but ruled out getting a normal sheath, it'd be too darn big.
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Blaze » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:18 pm

The next memory that surfaces is how to swing it! Due to it's shape, it is not a thrusting weapon and due to its size, she can only swing it horizontally or straight down.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Ryan5011 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:35 pm

Maria did a few horizontal slashes at the air again, this time the slashes were going straight, or if they weren't, it wasn't that noticable. After about 6 slashes, she did 1 vertical, stopping it just above the ground. She was glad this was a light weapon, as it didn't take too much energy to swing the sword around. She kind of wished she had targets of some sort though, since slashing at thin air isn't useful when compared to having wooden targets.
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Blaze » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:47 pm

Yama smiles as he watches Maria swing, soon opening his book. Some orbs of light float out and land on the ground, expanding into a wooden dummy!

"Here, try on this."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Ryan5011 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:06 pm

Maria began swinging at the dummy, only doing horizontally and every now and then diagonal. She was swinging somewhat hard, but not enough to break the dummy right away. While still striking, Maria decided to ask Yama a question.

"Outside of giving people memories, being able to give others a new body, and make wooden dummies out of thin air...Is there anything you can do that doesn't involve creating stuff?"
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Blaze » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:36 pm

"Hm? I must say, you're the first here to take an interest in my powers." Yama says with a grin.

"Well, my powers are limited. That dummy I just happened to have on hand. Sometimes people give me things in trade for their reincarnations, and I store them in this book."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Ryan5011 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:44 pm

Maria stopped striking the dummy to look at the book a little more closely. She couldn't help but feel that she was being taunted by Yama mentioning the book can store stuff...since her sword is kinda, as big as her, and as a result just gave him a stare.
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Blaze » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:01 pm

Yama smiles genuinely and tilts his head, his face and body showing no hints of him teasing Maria in the slightest.

"Yes?"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Ryan5011 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:15 pm

"It'd be a little strange for me to carry this sword all the time, it'd be weird carrying it all the time, even when I need it...Plus this simple fact." Maria placed the bottom of the handle on the ground flat, and stood straight while holding the sword by the blunt sides, showing that the sword was in fact, as big as her.
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Blaze » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:19 pm

"Mm? Ah yes, of course. Forgive me, I am getting forgetful in my old age."

Yama pulls out an enormous leather sheath from his book, one that looks like it would fit the sword perfectly! Straps coming from it seem to indicate that it was made to be strapped across the back.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Next

Return to the Muffinverse