A Ready-Maid Residence

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

A Ready-Maid Residence

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:05 pm

Chris holds onto Claire's hand fairly tight as she follows after Claire, before looking back at Circe when Claire does, keeping silent. She smiles a little bit back at Circe being nice and letting Claire have an hour leave, before following Claire out of the shop, tightening her grip a little as they head outside.

*Directly from the shop, Claire leads Chris to a flight of stairs behind the building. At the very top is a doorway leading to what is likely an apartment, if the mailbox labeled "Claire de Loon" is any indication. The area around the door sparkles with cleanliness.*

Claire: *searching her dress for her key as she goes* Any particular kind of snack you think you'd be interested in, Miss Chris?
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Re: A Ready-Maid Residence

Postby Marky » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:46 pm

Pausing for a moment, looking around at how large everything is to her, Chris looks back up at Claire, never having let go of her hand for a moment. "I, um..." She starts to say before pausing. "Um, cookies or ice cream?" Chris says, smiling a little sheepishly.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:59 pm

Claire: *smiles in return* That can be arranged. *locates her key and unlocks the door, pushing it open* After you.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Marky » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:15 pm

Pausing for a moment, Chris stares inside, before looking up at Claire. "Um...okay." She says, slowly heading on inside.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:33 pm

*Claire enters the room behind her and closes the door, switching on an overhead light.*

*Like the exterior, the apartment's living room is virtually spotless. It isn't terribly big, but there is space enough for: a recliner, a rocking chair with a cushion on it, a small wooden table with a nice-looking doily, a large TV set dating back to the mid-1980s, and an NES hooked up to it. The walls are painted a light blue, and a border near the ceiling depicts clouds of various sizes and types. An atomic clock hangs on the wall near the kitchen doorway.*

Claire: Welcome to my humble home, little fox. *bows and smiles playfully* Our special today is: Cookies 'n' Cream ice cream. Chocolate syrup is optional.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Marky » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:14 pm

Blinkblinking, Chris stares around a little at the living room, before she is addressed once again. Smiling a little, Chris gives a little nod to Claire after the bow, before pausing, then smiling some more at the mention of the ice cream. "C-can I have some, please?"
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:50 pm

Claire: Certainly! Go ahead and make yourself comfortable, and I shall get your snack post-haste.

*With that said, Claire hustles into the kitchen. The sounds of a freezer door opening and the rattling of silverware can be heard.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Marky » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:47 pm

Watching Claire head off into the kitchen, Chris smiles a little, starting to get a bit more comfortable as she slowly wanders over to the TV to turn it on.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:51 pm

*Nothing prevents Chris from doing so.*

*As the screen brightens, a small message labeled "Interdimensional Cable Hookup Operational" appears at the bottom for a second or two before disappearing. The audio becomes loud enough to listen to while the screen depicts a sporting event.*

TV: ---on, two outs, and a 3-1 count on Cabrera. The pitch from Colon... low and away, ball four.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Marky » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:15 pm

Blinkblinking, Chris stares at the TV. "Huh...baseball?" She says, tilting her head a little, before looking at the NES, looking to see if there were any NES games out around anywhere, and what was in the NES, as well.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:59 pm

*There aren't any games sitting out at present, although a brief investigation of the area near the television reveals a plastic container hidden from casual sight. Only three games are sitting within---Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3: The Manhattan Project, Legacy of the Wizard, and Blades of Steel. A fourth game, Super Mario Bros., is already in the NES.*

TV: ...That brings the tying run to the plate. Prince Fielder has had a single and a walk so far today...
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Marky » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:36 am

Pausing for a moment as she looks through the games, not seeming to pay much attention to the baseball game on the TV, Chris pauses as she finds Super Mario Bros. already in the NES and smiles. Pausing once again, she looks at the TV, then back to the NES, before turning it on, trying to just get the days events behind her by possibly playing a video game.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:41 pm

*The game starts up right away, no pink screens/blinking or anything. Judging solely from that, one would think that the game had never been bought used at all. Perhaps Claire simply takes very good care of her belongings.*

Claire: *faintly heard murmuring* Chocolate syrup, chocolate syrup... there you are, chocolate syrup.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Marky » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:18 pm

Blinkblinking a little, Chris stares at the screen, noticing that there were no pink screens or anything. "Huh..." She says, before smiling, and starting the game, barely hearing Claire and giggling a little, as she turns her full attention back to the game.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:01 pm

*A minute or so later, Claire returns with two bowls of ice cream (supported by a plate each), the both of them having a generous amount of chocolate syrup added to them. She places one of the bowls on the living room table where Chris can get to it, then sits down in the recliner with the other.*

Claire: *smiling* I'm happy that it's seeing some use.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Next

Return to the Muffinverse