Another Invitation To Dinner

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Another Invitation To Dinner

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:39 am

(( I have a terrible track record of dropping these sorts of RPs after a while... but I might as well try and see if I can keep this one going! ))

Commander Pleasance, wearing her rather official yet elegant dress uniform, sits at a table in the rather elegant restaurant named The Winslow, glancing out the window at the setting sun glinting off of the water in the harbor down below. Oddly, despite being the time for the dinner rush, the restaurant is largely deserted, with the only other table occupied by two young women and a man. A sign placed out front indicates that the restaurant has been booked for a special occasion, and any curious patrons are quickly turned away. In fact, the staff seem slightly on edge and nervous about the whole affair.

The commander takes a sip from her tea. "Well, it's about time for them to arrive," she murmurs. "This should be interesting."
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Re: Another Invitation To Dinner

Postby Blaze » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:49 am

A black stretch limo pulls up outside the restaurant. The driver, an android dressed in a black suit with sunglasses opens the backdoor, allowing Fimbulvetr to step out! Not dressed in her usual attire, she wears a black knee-length cocktail dress trimmed with white fur and black heels. Her hair is free from it's usual style and goes down her back. Her eyepatch however remains.

She steps into the restaurant and makes her way over to Pleasance's table!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:11 am

Commander Pleasance rises at the arrival of Fimbulvetr, offering her hand to shake. "Miss Fimbulvetr... a pleasure to finally meet you in person. I'm glad you accepted my invitation." She motions to one of the chairs across from her. "Please, have a seat while we wait for our other guest to arrive."
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Blaze » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:13 am

Fimbulvetr gives a tiny smile and shakes the offered hand.

"Commander Pleasance. Good to meet you in the flesh as well."

She sits in the offered seat.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:26 am

Commander Pleasance sits down as well. "Now we wait for our other guest to arrive. Would you like to order a drink while you wait?" she asks, motioning to a rather nervous-looking waitress, who walks over to the table to take Fimbulvetr's order."
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Blaze » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:31 am

"I would. Some strong black coffee please." she says to the waitress.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:21 am

At the other table, one of it's occupants, a blonde-haired teenage girl was fiddling with her uniform. In most ways it was a replica of the one worn by Lily, consisting of a tan coloured blouse, a brown skirt and a brown tie, with brown leather shoes, yet while Lily looked smart and professional, the uniform took on a sort of girl scout sort of feel on the teenager.

"Last time I came to one of these dinners with the commander it didn't go so well...", she mumured to the man and woman, before glancing over at Pleasance, remembering the time she'd almost caused a war to break out when all she 'd wanted to do was listen. Her cheeks flushed red at the memory, as her own stupidity had left her feeling more like a child than any of the reading from her unit ever did.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Smash Daisaku » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:23 am

Outside... a muffled roaring steadily grows in volume... anyone glancing out of the window would see a speck of red zooming across the bay in the distance... rapidly approaching and kicking up spray behind it. A creepy, echoing laugh arrives just before the man himself, as Smash zooms into the building... trailing fire, broken shards of glass from the window, and a warm ocean breeze. He does a flip and lands on an unoccupied table, posing!
Smash Daisaku
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Location: Hovering above your head, tossing down explosives for you to catch.

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:31 am

Blaze wrote:"I would. Some strong black coffee please." she says to the waitress.

The waitress nods, and quickly hurries back into the kitchen!

Harri-chan wrote:At the other table, one of it's occupants, a blonde-haired teenage girl was fiddling with her uniform. In most ways it was a replica of the one worn by Lily, consisting of a tan coloured blouse, a brown skirt and a brown tie, with brown leather shoes, yet while Lily looked smart and professional, the uniform took on a sort of girl scout sort of feel on the teenager.

"Last time I came to one of these dinners with the commander it didn't go so well...", she mumured to the man and woman, before glancing over at Pleasance, remembering the time she'd almost caused a war to break out when all she 'd wanted to do was listen. Her cheeks flushed red at the memory, as her own stupidity had left her feeling more like a child than any of the reading from her unit ever did.

Lily gives Summer a reassuring smile, giving off the sort of reliable aura of an older sister -- despite looking visibly younger than Summer does! "It will be all right," she tells Summer, pausing to take a sip from her tea. "The fact that you're here today means the Commander is willing to give you another chance."

Smash Daisaku wrote:Outside... a muffled roaring steadily grows in volume... anyone glancing out of the window would see a speck of red zooming across the bay in the distance... rapidly approaching and kicking up spray behind it. A creepy, echoing laugh arrives just before the man himself, as Smash zooms into the building... trailing fire, broken shards of glass from the window, and a warm ocean breeze. He does a flip and lands on an unoccupied table, posing!

Commander Pleasance glances briefly out the window as the roaring sound becomes audible, but turns her attention back to her cup of tea after a moment, even as Smash Daisaku makes his rather impressive (if violent) entrance!

"Ahhh... that would be our other guest," she murmurs to Fimbulvetr, before rising from her seat and turning to face Smash. "Mr. Daisaku, it's an honor to meet you in person," she says, offering her hand to him to shake. "I'm glad you accepted my invitation. Would you mind joining us at our table here?" she asks, motioning to the unoccupied chair across from her.
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Smash Daisaku » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:35 am

Smash grins, hopping down from the table and shaking the Commander's hand. "Yes, I'm sure it is." He straightens his immaculate red uniform, heading over to the offered seat and sitting down. Putting his rocket pistol from its harness on his back to a hip holster.
Smash Daisaku
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:49 am

Smash Daisaku wrote:Smash grins, hopping down from the table and shaking the Commander's hand. "Yes, I'm sure it is." He straightens his immaculate red uniform, heading over to the offered seat and sitting down. Putting his rocket pistol from its harness on his back to a hip holster.

Commander Pleasance nods, and sits down as Smash seats himself. "Now then... I suppose you are both curious as to why I invited you here," she says, pausing to look between Fimbulvetr and Smash, before noticing the waitress returning from the kitchen with Fimbulvetr's requested drink. "Oh, Mr. Daisaku... if you'd like to order a drink or refreshment, please feel free," she offers as the waitress walks over... trembling a bit. She may just be unnerved at the large hole now in the wall... or perhaps it's excitement about being near the great Smash Daisaku?
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Blaze » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:31 pm

Fimbulvetr turns her head to regard Smash. Normally she would just look from the corner of her eye but... eyepatch.

"Mr. Smash. Good to meet you in the pixels finally."

She takes her coffee from the waitress and nods, sipping it.

"Of course I am curious Miss Pleasance. Do enlighten us."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:15 pm

*Callista can be seen in the background, relaxing as she eats for a change. She isn't bothering anyone, although every now and then she steals a glance at Pleasance's table.*
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Smash Daisaku » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 pm

Jello Shot Mischa wrote:Commander Pleasance nods, and sits down as Smash seats himself. "Now then... I suppose you are both curious as to why I invited you here," she says, pausing to look between Fimbulvetr and Smash, before noticing the waitress returning from the kitchen with Fimbulvetr's requested drink. "Oh, Mr. Daisaku... if you'd like to order a drink or refreshment, please feel free," she offers as the waitress walks over... trembling a bit. She may just be unnerved at the large hole now in the wall... or perhaps it's excitement about being near the great Smash Daisaku?

Smash grins... of course it has to be from the great, great honor of being in the presence of the immortal Smash Daisaku! As for Pleasance, he shrugs. "I assumed it was a matter of great importance and gravity. You wouldn't want to be wasting my time... would you?" He stares levelly at Pleasance for a moment... then continues. "Of course, if you just wanted my autograph, that would also be acceptable." He says, once more letting off his echoing cackle.

He then turns his full attention to the waitress! "Indeed! I require... a martini. Dry, extra olives, and as dirty as you feel comfortable with. Also put the wall on my bill. Price of making an entrance."

Blaze wrote:Fimbulvetr turns her head to regard Smash. Normally she would just look from the corner of her eye but... eyepatch.

The pixelated villain turns and nods at Fimbulvetr. "Ah... the head of the robot harem. Your machines are impressive, technically, if lacking in style."
Smash Daisaku
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:18 pm

Blaze wrote:Fimbulvetr turns her head to regard Smash. Normally she would just look from the corner of her eye but... eyepatch.

Smash Daisaku wrote:Smash grins... of course it has to be from the great, great honor of being in the presence of the immortal Smash Daisaku! As for Pleasance, he shrugs. "I assumed it was a matter of great importance and gravity. You wouldn't want to be wasting my time... would you?" He stares levelly at Pleasance for a moment... then continues. "Of course, if you just wanted my autograph, that would also be acceptable." He says, once more letting off his echoing cackle.

He then turns his full attention to the waitress! "Indeed! I require... a martini. Dry, extra olives, and as dirty as you feel comfortable with. Also put the wall on my bill. Price of making an entrance."

The commander nods, taking another sip of her tea. "I invited you both here this evening because you each represent significant economic and military assets. Of course, the three of us here are not the only powers of note in the Muffinville area. However, of the others..." She begins to count off on her fingers. "Black Isles controls significant assets, but has fallen into a certain disarray due to the eccentric behavior of Azer. The Steel Talons only deploy during periods of significant military threats, and we have been able to achieve a certain amount of cooperation with them in the past. We have also been able to negotiate at least standing truces with other powers of note in the area, such as Raleigh and Lord Bones."

"However, as it currently stands the CTC still knows little of both of your organizations, and in particularly, their goals and philosophies. And while things appear to be peaceful in this area at the moment, there does always remain the potential of a significant threat to Muffinville and its environs. The Brotherhood has made two efforts to dominate the world in the past, and while it has largely collapsed recent signs have suggested it may be gathering its strength once again. There is also the entity known as Nokel, who has devastated the other major continent on this world, and while it appears to be quiescent for the moment, we have suspicions that it will eventually try to move against Muffinville at some point in the future. So in anticipation of potential future threats, I would like to use this opportunity to learn more about both yourselves and your organizations, in the hopes of determining whether or not you will be willing to considering cooperating against any future threats to this community."

The waitress, meanwhile, quickly nods at Smash's order, and dashes back into the kitchen!

AmbushCat wrote:*Callista can be seen in the background, relaxing as she eats for a change. She isn't bothering anyone, although every now and then she steals a glance at Pleasance's table.*

Commander Pleasance doesn't seem to pay Callista much note, but Lily, seated at her own table, does seem to be keeping an eye on her.
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Next

Return to the Muffinverse