Another Invitation To Dinner

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Another Invitation To Dinner

Postby Blaze » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:33 pm

Smash Daisaku wrote:The pixelated villain turns and nods at Fimbulvetr. "Ah... the head of the robot harem. Your machines are impressive, technically, if lacking in style."

The corners of Fimbulvetr's mouth tighten slightly.

"I object to the phrase 'harem.' You make me sound like a being with base sexual desires."

Jello Shot Mischa wrote:The commander nods, taking another sip of her tea. "I invited you both here this evening because you each represent significant economic and military assets. Of course, the three of us here are not the only powers of note in the Muffinville area. However, of the others..." She begins to count off on her fingers. "Black Isles controls significant assets, but has fallen into a certain disarray due to the eccentric behavior of Azer. The Steel Talons only deploy during periods of significant military threats, and we have been able to achieve a certain amount of cooperation with them in the past. We have also been able to negotiate at least standing truces with other powers of note in the area, such as Raleigh and Lord Bones."

"However, as it currently stands the CTC still knows little of both of your organizations, and in particularly, their goals and philosophies. And while things appear to be peaceful in this area at the moment, there does always remain the potential of a significant threat to Muffinville and its environs. The Brotherhood has made two efforts to dominate the world in the past, and while it has largely collapsed recent signs have suggested it may be gathering its strength once again. There is also the entity known as Nokel, who has devastated the other major continent on this world, and while it appears to be quiescent for the moment, we have suspicions that it will eventually try to move against Muffinville at some point in the future. So in anticipation of potential future threats, I would like to use this opportunity to learn more about both yourselves and your organizations, in the hopes of determining whether or not you will be willing to considering cooperating against any future threats to this community."

The waitress, meanwhile, quickly nods at Smash's order, and dashes back into the kitchen!

Fimbulvetr listens close, taking a mouthful of her coffee at the end of Pleasance's speech.

"I understand... very good. However, I would hate if Mister Daisaku and I took over the conversation entirely."

She grins at Pleasance.

"In return, you will tell us more about the CTC. Agreed?"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:47 pm

Commander Pleasance doesn't seem to pay Callista much note, but Lily, seated at her own table, does seem to be keeping an eye on her.

*Callista sees her, but does nothing more than acknowledge her with a nod. Food, food, glorious food...!*
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Smash Daisaku » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:38 pm

Jello Shot Mischa wrote:The commander nods, taking another sip of her tea. "I invited you both here this evening because you each represent significant economic and military assets. Of course, the three of us here are not the only powers of note in the Muffinville area. However, of the others..." She begins to count off on her fingers. "Black Isles controls significant assets, but has fallen into a certain disarray due to the eccentric behavior of Azer. The Steel Talons only deploy during periods of significant military threats, and we have been able to achieve a certain amount of cooperation with them in the past. We have also been able to negotiate at least standing truces with other powers of note in the area, such as Raleigh and Lord Bones."

"However, as it currently stands the CTC still knows little of both of your organizations, and in particularly, their goals and philosophies. And while things appear to be peaceful in this area at the moment, there does always remain the potential of a significant threat to Muffinville and its environs. The Brotherhood has made two efforts to dominate the world in the past, and while it has largely collapsed recent signs have suggested it may be gathering its strength once again. There is also the entity known as Nokel, who has devastated the other major continent on this world, and while it appears to be quiescent for the moment, we have suspicions that it will eventually try to move against Muffinville at some point in the future. So in anticipation of potential future threats, I would like to use this opportunity to learn more about both yourselves and your organizations, in the hopes of determining whether or not you will be willing to considering cooperating against any future threats to this community."

The waitress, meanwhile, quickly nods at Smash's order, and dashes back into the kitchen!

Smash grins at Pleasance. "Ahhh... a woman after my own heart. There is nothing I like better than proclaiming the noble goals and ideals of the Empire! We are an institution dedicated to Order through strength!" He clenches a black clad glove. "Our ultimate goal is to control the solar system, imposing peace, prosperity, and a brighter future for its citizens."

Blaze wrote:The corners of Fimbulvetr's mouth tighten slightly.

"I object to the phrase 'harem.' You make me sound like a being with base sexual desires."

The uniformed rogue turns his grin back upon Fimbulvetr. "I am stating the obvious insinuation. For what other reason would most of your force be comprised of women in fetish outfits?"
Smash Daisaku
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Location: Hovering above your head, tossing down explosives for you to catch.

Postby Blaze » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:40 pm

"Two reasons Mr. Daisaku. First, my forces can't have bulky clothes on, due to the risk of overheating, not to mention the fact that loose clothing can be a liability in combat. Second, I find curves more aesthetically pleasing." Fimbulvetr replies evenly.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby AmbushCat » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:52 pm

*Callista almost chokes on her food when she hears this. Upon recovering she glares at Fimbulvetr's table for a few moments before deciding not to butt into something that isn't her business.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:58 pm

Blaze wrote:Fimbulvetr listens close, taking a mouthful of her coffee at the end of Pleasance's speech.

"I understand... very good. However, I would hate if Mister Daisaku and I took over the conversation entirely."

She grins at Pleasance.

"In return, you will tell us more about the CTC. Agreed?"

Commander Pleasance nods. "I will answer any questions to the best of my ability, so long as I feel they do not jeopardize our operations. Of course, I will expect the same from you."

Smash Daisaku wrote:Smash grins at Pleasance. "Ahhh... a woman after my own heart. There is nothing I like better than proclaiming the noble goals and ideals of the Empire! We are an institution dedicated to Order through strength!" He clenches a black clad glove. "Our ultimate goal is to control the solar system, imposing peace, prosperity, and a brighter future for its citizens."

The commander nods. "Hmmm, I see. At least you believe in an orderly society... although I suspect, given your philosophy, there would be little disagreement tolerated within your society? Order through strength can lead to a very... hmm... shall we say 'static' society?" She sips at her tea. "So how would you respond to an external threat that menaced Muffinville?"
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Blaze » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:41 pm

Fimbulvetr gives a nod at that.

"Understood. As for Niflheim's goal... how familiar are you with Marxism?"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:33 pm

Commander Pleasance considers for a moment. "I'm familiar with the basic tenets of the philosophy..." she says finally. "I'm curious as to how you feel it applies to the local society, though."
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Blaze » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:11 pm

"Well, despite what most people who subscribe to Marxism say, he did not see capitalism as all bad. It denied people their rights as creative individuals, but it promoted progress. Imagine for a moment, a capitalist society that spans universes, entire planets terraformed into factories... imagine the progress there!"

Fimbulvetr grins and clutches her hand into a fist.

"But imagine what happens as we approach the singularity... Marx also said that it was a natural trend for capitalist societies to become communist societies, but that it would be due to economic crises and the uprising of the working class... but what if the person at the top of the chain welcomed and encouraged it? Imagine Commander... the entire multiverse, coming together in a single society, one where goods are traded freely, everyone is equal. That is Niflheim's goal. To bring about the singularity and create a multiverse of peace and equality."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:50 pm

*Callista quietly coughs the words "elephant in pajamas" around a mouthful of garlic bread.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ebony » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:59 am

*Poking her head out from under Callista's table.* You know, its hard to eavesdrop with you doing that. Aside from that though, are you alright? I would suggest taking smaller bites in the future.
*Rolls eyes.* Yeah, I'm sure you can.

Spammer Rank 4
Ebony
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:49 pm

*Callista swallows and give Ebony a short, placating wave. When she answers, she keeps her voice down.*
*toothed grin* Sorry, sorry. I couldn't resist.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:00 pm

Commander Pleasance appears to pay no notice to Callista and Ebony. :3

Blaze wrote:"Well, despite what most people who subscribe to Marxism say, he did not see capitalism as all bad. It denied people their rights as creative individuals, but it promoted progress. Imagine for a moment, a capitalist society that spans universes, entire planets terraformed into factories... imagine the progress there!"

Fimbulvetr grins and clutches her hand into a fist.

"But imagine what happens as we approach the singularity... Marx also said that it was a natural trend for capitalist societies to become communist societies, but that it would be due to economic crises and the uprising of the working class... but what if the person at the top of the chain welcomed and encouraged it? Imagine Commander... the entire multiverse, coming together in a single society, one where goods are traded freely, everyone is equal. That is Niflheim's goal. To bring about the singularity and create a multiverse of peace and equality."

The commander considers Fimbulvetrs words for a few moments after she finishes. "Well... that is a rather interesting scenario you propose," she finally says, taking another sip of her tea. "I am curious about what sort of role Muffinville plays in such a plan, as the economic and social situation here is... complex, to say the least. I'm also curious as to what role the armed forces your corporation appears to employ play as well."
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Blaze » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:17 pm

"Well, one must constantly be on the hunt for new materials with which to make things in a capitalist society. Muffinville has many strange and wondrous thing in it that could be harnessed to various ends."

Fimbulvetr takes another sip of her coffee and continues.

"As for our military, well... some places aren't willing to surrender and join our society, and so we must use force. Always a carefully applied amount, but still. Not to mention, Niflheim is obviously not the only force out there bent on domination."

She gestures to Smash as she says this.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Previous

Return to the Muffinverse