Stage Select Bar and Grill

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Stage Select Bar and Grill

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:04 am

muffinstud wrote:"Just shoot her!" Already grabbing tightly to Ook, the mystery woman leaps away from their cute target. The happy, superdense woman pouts. "Aww, don't be shy now..."

Maxwell blinks, but then nods. "Affirmative. Now transmitting telemetry information for bombardment."

Her shields flicker, faintly visible as she puts maximum power into them between herself and the bouncy, cheerful robot, while her legs hum as she immediately rushes backwards, putting as much distance between herself and the robot. Even as she moves, however, her eyes grow distant.

"Orbital laser strike now firing."

The sky abruptly explodes into a column of blue-white flame, several meters wide and blazing hotter and brighter than the surface of the sun, that slams down dead centre upon the robot girl. The intensity of the beam is enough to immediately vaporize the earth under her feet -- the rock and soil surrounding her immediately liquifies, melting into glassy black obsidian. Grass and trees in the vicinity of the blast immediately ignite, along with any other flammables, as a powerful shockwave blasts from the point of impact with a deafening thunderclap with enough force to send anything nearby flying.

Maxwell braces herself, the energy of the blast enough to make her shields flicker, but she stares forwards into the swirling smoke left behind as her sensors begin scanning the area. "Revising threat assessment."
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:09 pm

muffinstud wrote:"Don't thank me yet." She stays right on Ook as she charges up a blast and fires off a rather large blast of energy that the skipping woman dodges. If it weren't for the life and death situation, this might actually feel really nice. She may look like a robot, but with her pressed up against him like this, she certainly doesn't feel like one.

"Just shoot her!" Already grabbing tightly to Ook, the mystery woman leaps away from their cute target. The happy, superdense woman pouts. "Aww, don't be shy now..."

R-right! I should... *Ookalf moves to step out from behind the woman and rejoin the fight, until she grabs hold of him and carries him away.* Hey! What're you...?

*Whatever objection Ookalf had dies out as he sees the enemy robot seemingly be vaporized by a giant laser from the sky.* ...Wow.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:40 pm

Elliot pointed up the stairs at the girl that was peeking out from the top of them. "See that? A robot! They got inside somehow!", he said in a panic, still grasping Roll's arm. He really did seem terrified, even though the girl didn't look to be the slightest bit threatening.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby muffinstud » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:06 am

Harri-chan wrote:Elliot pointed up the stairs at the girl that was peeking out from the top of them. "See that? A robot! They got inside somehow!", he said in a panic, still grasping Roll's arm. He really did seem terrified, even though the girl didn't look to be the slightest bit threatening.

Roll sighs and rolls her eyes. "That's one of my siblings, no doubt. If they're in here and not already destroying the place, then you're perfectly safe." She tries to pry the clingy boy off of her arm. "Why don't you say hi? Perhaps you can get our mystery guest down here."

Blaze wrote:"Uhhh... I dunno! But that girl sent me here to kill some, so there totally must be more!" @__@ Alex says, nodding sagely.

The blue robot snaps his finger. "Aw, dangit. I was totally hoping to bash some more robot heads." He lets his arm cannon retract and relaxes. "I already killed all the bad guys here. And they were, like, totally evil. You should have seen the parking tickets on the table." He nods sagely in return.

Ookalf wrote:R-right! I should... *Ookalf moves to step out from behind the woman and rejoin the fight, until she grabs hold of him and carries him away.* Hey! What're you...?

*Whatever objection Ookalf had dies out as he sees the enemy robot seemingly be vaporized by a giant laser from the sky.* ...Wow.

The woman shields her eyes, but doesn't turn away from the impressive orbital bombardment.

Jello Shot Mischa wrote:Maxwell blinks, but then nods. "Affirmative. Now transmitting telemetry information for bombardment."

Her shields flicker, faintly visible as she puts maximum power into them between herself and the bouncy, cheerful robot, while her legs hum as she immediately rushes backwards, putting as much distance between herself and the robot. Even as she moves, however, her eyes grow distant.

"Orbital laser strike now firing."

The sky abruptly explodes into a column of blue-white flame, several meters wide and blazing hotter and brighter than the surface of the sun, that slams down dead centre upon the robot girl. The intensity of the beam is enough to immediately vaporize the earth under her feet -- the rock and soil surrounding her immediately liquifies, melting into glassy black obsidian. Grass and trees in the vicinity of the blast immediately ignite, along with any other flammables, as a powerful shockwave blasts from the point of impact with a deafening thunderclap with enough force to send anything nearby flying.

Maxwell braces herself, the energy of the blast enough to make her shields flicker, but she stares forwards into the swirling smoke left behind as her sensors begin scanning the area. "Revising threat assessment."

The smoke and dust clears. There is a crater of cracked glass at ground zero, and there are still residual waves of heat coming off of the superlaser's lingering aftereffects. In the center of the crater stands the woman. Her outfit is in tatters, and she seems the worse for wear. Her jovial attitude is gone though. A sneer of hatred snakes it's way to Maxwell. "That was dry clean only." She screams and leaps towards the adaptive robot with an animal ferocity.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Blaze » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:16 am

"Parking violations! The scoundrels! We must stomp on their faces and majorly end their evil ways! We need to find and fight more bad robots!" @__@ Alex declares

"... maybe that nice girl robot can send us to places with more evil robots!"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:34 am

Elliot did eventually let go of Roll, and hesitantly made his way back up the stairs.

"Hello... ?", he called nervously as he reached the upper room again.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby muffinstud » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:15 am

Harri-chan wrote:Elliot did eventually let go of Roll, and hesitantly made his way back up the stairs.

"Hello... ?", he called nervously as he reached the upper room again.

Elliot once again sees a vaguely female shape flitter through the shadows between the tables and storage boxes. "H-hello..."

Blaze wrote:"Parking violations! The scoundrels! We must stomp on their faces and majorly end their evil ways! We need to find and fight more bad robots!" @__@ Alex declares

"... maybe that nice girl robot can send us to places with more evil robots!"

"She can, but only if she got the teleporter up and working again. Part of the reason I'm here is because she needed to get some more parts for it." The manly blue robot strokes his chin. "Otherwise, I'd be right with you."
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Harri-chan » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:32 am

"I'm helping your sister out with some cleaning... ", he said, holding his hands up to show he was armed with nothing but a cloth.

"I'm Elliot. What's your name?".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Ookalf » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:38 pm

muffinstud wrote:The smoke and dust clears. There is a crater of cracked glass at ground zero, and there are still residual waves of heat coming off of the superlaser's lingering aftereffects. In the center of the crater stands the woman. Her outfit is in tatters, and she seems the worse for wear. Her jovial attitude is gone though. A sneer of hatred snakes it's way to Maxwell. "That was dry clean only." She screams and leaps towards the adaptive robot with an animal ferocity.

Um, I don't think she's very happy...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:24 pm

(( Ack, sorry Muffin! I kept meaning to reply and never felt quite up to it so I kept putting it off... @__@ ))

The smoke and dust clears. There is a crater of cracked glass at ground zero, and there are still residual waves of heat coming off of the superlaser's lingering aftereffects. In the center of the crater stands the woman. Her outfit is in tatters, and she seems the worse for wear. Her jovial attitude is gone though. A sneer of hatred snakes it's way to Maxwell. "That was dry clean only." She screams and leaps towards the adaptive robot with an animal ferocity.[/quote]

Maxwell ignores the robotic woman's sneer as she evaluates the damage she has suffered. "Revising threat assessment. ETA for reinforcements is 42 seconds. Intervention to defend local civilians required," she murmurs. As the woman leaps towards her, she glides sideways, firing blasts of relativistic muons from her floating gunpods at the robot while trying to avoid her counterattacks.
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Blaze » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:28 pm

Alex huffs and pouts, stomping her foot.

"Well poop!... maybe these dead bad robots will have the parts she totally needs!"

Alex starts looking through the piles of scrap, like she knows exactly what Roll needed.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby muffinstud » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:32 pm

Harri-chan wrote:"I'm helping your sister out with some cleaning... ", he said, holding his hands up to show he was armed with nothing but a cloth.

"I'm Elliot. What's your name?".

The girl keeps flitting between pieces of furniture, keeping herself mostly hid. "I'm Shadowtan. You... don't want to blow me up, do you?"

Blaze wrote:Alex huffs and pouts, stomping her foot.

"Well poop!... maybe these dead bad robots will have the parts she totally needs!"

Alex starts looking through the piles of scrap, like she knows exactly what Roll needed.

Alex finds all sorts of technological and useful looking parts, although what they are exactly eludes her. Each of the dead robot bodies has one thing in common. There is a place for a chip in their head that has been burned out, not even leaving connectors to put a replacement chip in its place.
"You think? I wouldn't try. These three were pretty useless to begin with."

Ookalf wrote:Um, I don't think she's very happy...

The robot woman next to Ook rolls her eyes. "No $!@%, Sherlock." She grabs him and drags him towards the Stage Select Bar and Grill. "Come on, we should take cover while she's occupied."

Jello Shot Mischa wrote:(( Ack, sorry Muffin! I kept meaning to reply and never felt quite up to it so I kept putting it off... @__@ ))

Maxwell ignores the robotic woman's sneer as she evaluates the damage she has suffered. "Revising threat assessment. ETA for reinforcements is 42 seconds. Intervention to defend local civilians required," she murmurs. As the woman leaps towards her, she glides sideways, firing blasts of relativistic muons from her floating gunpods at the robot while trying to avoid her counterattacks.

[No worries. I'll just punish you by putting you at the bottom of the reply list! Muahaha!]

This ditzy, bouncy lady sure can take a hit. It seems easy enough to dodge her, but she leaps around erratically as she tries to swipe at Maxwell. She doesn't even try to doge the blasts, instead running straight through them and revealing her metallic skeleton underneath a la Terminator. "And now I'll have to reapply my eyeliner! How rude!"
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Ookalf » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:58 pm

muffinstud wrote:The robot woman next to Ook rolls her eyes. "No $!@%, Sherlock." She grabs him and drags him towards the Stage Select Bar and Grill. "Come on, we should take cover while she's occupied."

What... Cover? Shouldn't we be trying to help her? *Ookalf struggles in the woman's grasp.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Blaze » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:10 pm

Alex does in fact notice these things! Ditzy does not imply unobservant after all.

"Heeeeeeey, why are these slots all totally ruined and burned? That is terrible unawesome!" @_@
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:10 pm

"Wha? No way... I thought you were going to blow me up!", he said, tilting her head to one side. "I've had robots do that to me before you know... ".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse