Stage Select Bar and Grill

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Stage Select Bar and Grill

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:08 pm

muffinstud wrote:The woman will find a few of the little green soldiers straggling behind, harassing some of the recently transformed with little detectors and such. They continue their garbled speech, and every now and then give a thumbs up one to another.

The woman in red sighs in relief. "I'm Blues, from Monstropolis. Myself and some of my family followed a small army of robots here to try and contain them. Apparently, they're performing experiments on the locals, though I don't know why or what for." She looks down at Maxwell, and gently places her hand over hers. "Your friend here was very helpful. I'm sorry she had to get hurt."

The white-haired woman smirks at the sight of the green soldiers, and walks up to one, trying to deliver a solid kick to its side. "Hey, yo! You speak English? I've some questions for ya!" she shouts, while cracking her knuckles.

Amaranthine, meanwhile, nods to Blues. "She was doing her duty as a soldier of the CTC. It is unfortunate many ended up getting hurt."

Maxwell's eyes finally flutter up, at Blues' touch. "I... I can still fight..." she says softly.
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:31 pm

Blaze wrote:Alex giggles and snuggles into the big blue robot.

"Yay huggles~!"

She blinkus as they arrive back at the lab, looking around @_@

The lab is just as she found it! Rather, it's not a lab so much as it is a back room. The tall blue robot lets go and heads to the bar, giving Roll a cheery wave. "Hey, sis. So, who needs blowing up now?" She rolls her eyes at him.

Ookalf wrote:Um, maybe... *Ookalf dismisses his Rider gear, reverting to his regular outfit.* Do you know anything about all those robots outside?

The girl seems to completely the blue robot, who is apparently her brother. "I know more than he does, and I haven't left the bar all day." She points a thumb at her brother, and he gets a hurtful frown. "It seems Wily is making a move for the city. Standard procedure, actually. He'll have set up production facilities all over town. It will be in our best interests to take them out."

Harri-chan wrote:"Oh right... ", said Elliot with a small frown as he carefully dusted around the glass jars on top of the table. "Who made you?".

The ninja robot blushes. "Um... Dr. Wily. He isn't as smart as Dr. Light was..." She looks around and watches Elliot dust. "This was Light's lab." She continues to watch, and tilts her head as she does.

Jello Shot Mischa wrote:
muffinstud wrote:The white-haired woman smirks at the sight of the green soldiers, and walks up to one, trying to deliver a solid kick to its side. "Hey, yo! You speak English? I've some questions for ya!" she shouts, while cracking her knuckles.

Amaranthine, meanwhile, nods to Blues. "She was doing her duty as a soldier of the CTC. It is unfortunate many ended up getting hurt."

Maxwell's eyes finally flutter up, at Blues' touch. "I... I can still fight..." she says softly.

The green soldier yelps and garbles an unintelligible curse word as it rubs its side. Whatever it's saying, it's angry. Still hard to make out though.

Blues shakes her head. "You shouldn't. You need repairs. I expect to see you back up soon, okay?" She gives Maxwell a small smile. "You did well." She looks up at Amaranthine. "There are likely going to be more people getting hurt. I still don't know what they're after, but they're amassing an army. We need to stop it."
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Blaze » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:28 pm

Alex skips after the blue robot, wavewaving at te girl bartender

"Hiiiiiiii again~!"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Ookalf » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:57 pm

muffinstud wrote:The girl seems to completely the blue robot, who is apparently her brother. "I know more than he does, and I haven't left the bar all day." She points a thumb at her brother, and he gets a hurtful frown. "It seems Wily is making a move for the city. Standard procedure, actually. He'll have set up production facilities all over town. It will be in our best interests to take them out."

*Ookalf nods.* Gotcha... Any idea where these facilities might be?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:22 am

muffinstud wrote:The green soldier yelps and garbles an unintelligible curse word as it rubs its side. Whatever it's saying, it's angry. Still hard to make out though.

Blues shakes her head. "You shouldn't. You need repairs. I expect to see you back up soon, okay?" She gives Maxwell a small smile. "You did well." She looks up at Amaranthine. "There are likely going to be more people getting hurt. I still don't know what they're after, but they're amassing an army. We need to stop it."

The white-haired woman frowns in annoyance at the robot's response. "Oh yeah? Well, SAME TO YOU, pal! I bet you don't even know English at all!" She waves back in Amaranthine's direction "Hey, XIU, can't I just toss these guys around for a bit to let off some steam?"

Amaranthine sighs, but nods at Blues, ignoring the white-haired woman for the moment. "Well... if they are amassing an army, then we can ready ourselves to stop it, but such a fight will likely result in significant civilian casualties. I suspect, however, you have information that would permit a specially-selected team to strike at their forces before they can properly assemble and disrupt their plans. Am I correct?"
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:47 am

Elliot continues to dust around the things. "Where are they now? Dr. Wily and Dr. Light. Are they still around?", he asked.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby muffinstud » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:57 pm

Blaze wrote:Alex skips after the blue robot, wavewaving at te girl bartender

"Hiiiiiiii again~!"

Ookalf wrote:*Ookalf nods.* Gotcha... Any idea where these facilities might be?

Roll slaps her forehead. "Ugh, hi. Just... take a seat please? I don't want to have to explain this more than once." She motions Alex to a barstool... and seems to give the blue robot the same treatment.
"I've been able to pinpoint 8 industrial facilities in the area that they're either using to produce more robots, or to hinder the cities response to their army. From the explosions outside, it seems like they already have strength in numbers, so our best bet will be to take out production." She hands out what looks to be a translucent TicTacToe square. "Insert this into the teleporter in the back, I've imprinted it with the best guesses for where their operations are. These guys love to use jamming equipment too, so once you get in your best ticket of getting out is to eliminate whoever is in charge."
She gives a meaningful look to the blue robot. "You need to stay here and do damage control, Rock." He pouts, and kicks an E canister on the floor. "No buts! I'm not letting these guys take out our home!" He sighs. "Fine..."
Harri-chan wrote:Elliot continues to dust around the things. "Where are they now? Dr. Wily and Dr. Light. Are they still around?", he asked.

Shadow-tan blushes and looks down. "Dr. Light... passed. It's been a long time since anyone heard or Dr. Wily. We all thought he was dead too, but with the army back, I'm not so sure."
Jello Shot Mischa wrote:
The white-haired woman frowns in annoyance at the robot's response. "Oh yeah? Well, SAME TO YOU, pal! I bet you don't even know English at all!" She waves back in Amaranthine's direction "Hey, XIU, can't I just toss these guys around for a bit to let off some steam?"

Amaranthine sighs, but nods at Blues, ignoring the white-haired woman for the moment. "Well... if they are amassing an army, then we can ready ourselves to stop it, but such a fight will likely result in significant civilian casualties. I suspect, however, you have information that would permit a specially-selected team to strike at their forces before they can properly assemble and disrupt their plans. Am I correct?"

The little green soldier uses the break in the violence to run! He waves over to a couple of other stragglers, and they seem to get the idea and try to clear out as well.

Blues nods. "They have a teleporter inside. Roll, the bartender, will be able to send your team to wherever you're needed. Of course, if you have other resources, it might be wise to try and hold these things at bay. I'll see if I can do a little bit of investigation."
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Ookalf » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:42 pm

muffinstud wrote:Roll slaps her forehead. "Ugh, hi. Just... take a seat please? I don't want to have to explain this more than once." She motions Alex to a barstool... and seems to give the blue robot the same treatment.
"I've been able to pinpoint 8 industrial facilities in the area that they're either using to produce more robots, or to hinder the cities response to their army. From the explosions outside, it seems like they already have strength in numbers, so our best bet will be to take out production." She hands out what looks to be a translucent TicTacToe square. "Insert this into the teleporter in the back, I've imprinted it with the best guesses for where their operations are. These guys love to use jamming equipment too, so once you get in your best ticket of getting out is to eliminate whoever is in charge."
She gives a meaningful look to the blue robot. "You need to stay here and do damage control, Rock." He pouts, and kicks an E canister on the floor. "No buts! I'm not letting these guys take out our home!" He sighs. "Fine..."

*Ookalf takes the clear card from Roll.* All right, sounds simple enough. Anything else I oughta know before I head out?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Blaze » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:20 am

"Awww, the cool blue robot can't cooome?" :(

Alex clasps Rock's hands and looks up at him with fiery, passionate eyes.

"I'll destroy TWICE the evil bad robots I normally would! For you!~"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:51 am

muffinstud wrote:The little green soldier uses the break in the violence to run! He waves over to a couple of other stragglers, and they seem to get the idea and try to clear out as well.

Blues nods. "They have a teleporter inside. Roll, the bartender, will be able to send your team to wherever you're needed. Of course, if you have other resources, it might be wise to try and hold these things at bay. I'll see if I can do a little bit of investigation."

"H-hey! Get back here you little runt!" the white-haired woman shouts after the retreating robots, before turning to walk back over to where Amaranthine is talking with Blues. "Hmph."

The robot looks her over briefly. "Perhaps we should have you examined... your behavior seems uncharacteristic of a SIBLING."

"Pfeh... you know what template the V-series was based on, XIU," she mutters. "We've always been the most hot-headed."

"I suppose..." Amaranthine pauses. "For the purposes of this operation, you should choose an operating name."

"Eh? What, like yours?" The woman considers a moment. "Something starting with a 'v', I guess... Oooh! How about 'Violence'!"

"I do not think that would be acceptable."

The white-haired woman pouts a moment. "Hmph, you're no fun... Violetta? Nah, Violet or Viola sound like little girl's names... Oooh! How about 'Vera'!"

The robot considers that, presumably searching for varying definitions and usages. "Perhaps somewhat incongruous, but workable. Very well."

"Oorah! Vera Violence, here I come!"

Amaranthine sighs at that, before turning back to Blues. "I have already passed along your information to our command. While the citizens of Muffinville tend to be reluctant to accept martial law, given the situation we will begin mobilizing our forces to establish staging areas around the city. We will do what we can to protect the citizenry against these attackers while the strike forces disable their support structure." The robot reaches into a compartment, and offers Blues a sophisticated-looking communicator. "You can utilize this to communicate with our command, as well, in case you obtain additional information or wish to request fire support."

It then turns to the white-haired woman. "We should be going, Vera." Amaranthine nods to Blues, and then walks to Roll's bar to see about the teleporter, with Vera following along behind.

Meanwhile...

CTC armed forces begin entering Muffinville, convoys of tanks accompanied by troop transports, HMMWVs, and armored transport trucks. They begin taking over scattered parks and parking lots, establishing staging areas to operate from. Overhead, vertols circle over the city, while much higher above, the Skywatch drones and spy satellites begin searching the city with their cameras for any signs of conflict...
'
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:50 pm

Blaze wrote:"Awww, the cool blue robot can't cooome?" :(

Alex clasps Rock's hands and looks up at him with fiery, passionate eyes.

"I'll destroy TWICE the evil bad robots I normally would! For you!~"

The cool blue robot gives Alex a firm nod. "Don't do it for me... do it for burning justice!"

Ookalf wrote:*Ookalf takes the clear card from Roll.* All right, sounds simple enough. Anything else I oughta know before I head out?

Roll pinches the bridge of her nose as she looks at her brother. "Yes. There are some robots that aren't evil. If you meet any, be sure to bring them back with you. They sometimes have useful powers they can lend you, if you're nice to them."

Jello Shot Mischa wrote:"H-hey! Get back here you little runt!" the white-haired woman shouts after the retreating robots, before turning to walk back over to where Amaranthine is talking with Blues. "Hmph."

The robot looks her over briefly. "Perhaps we should have you examined... your behavior seems uncharacteristic of a SIBLING."

"Pfeh... you know what template the V-series was based on, XIU," she mutters. "We've always been the most hot-headed."

"I suppose..." Amaranthine pauses. "For the purposes of this operation, you should choose an operating name."

"Eh? What, like yours?" The woman considers a moment. "Something starting with a 'v', I guess... Oooh! How about 'Violence'!"

"I do not think that would be acceptable."

The white-haired woman pouts a moment. "Hmph, you're no fun... Violetta? Nah, Violet or Viola sound like little girl's names... Oooh! How about 'Vera'!"

The robot considers that, presumably searching for varying definitions and usages. "Perhaps somewhat incongruous, but workable. Very well."

"Oorah! Vera Violence, here I come!"

Amaranthine sighs at that, before turning back to Blues. "I have already passed along your information to our command. While the citizens of Muffinville tend to be reluctant to accept martial law, given the situation we will begin mobilizing our forces to establish staging areas around the city. We will do what we can to protect the citizenry against these attackers while the strike forces disable their support structure." The robot reaches into a compartment, and offers Blues a sophisticated-looking communicator. "You can utilize this to communicate with our command, as well, in case you obtain additional information or wish to request fire support."

It then turns to the white-haired woman. "We should be going, Vera." Amaranthine nods to Blues, and then walks to Roll's bar to see about the teleporter, with Vera following along behind.

Meanwhile...

CTC armed forces begin entering Muffinville, convoys of tanks accompanied by troop transports, HMMWVs, and armored transport trucks. They begin taking over scattered parks and parking lots, establishing staging areas to operate from. Overhead, vertols circle over the city, while much higher above, the Skywatch drones and spy satellites begin searching the city with their cameras for any signs of conflict...

Amaranthine and Vera enter the bar, to see the aforementioned scene unfold. Lucky them that they won't have to have exposition dumped on them... again.

Blues gives the injured robot one last comforting smile and a squeeze to the hand before grabbing her shield and leaping off into the woods!

The eyes in the sky manage to witness a few more groups of huddled civilians. All of them have spent canisters of gas and a few tendrils of smoke wafting around them... and they all appear to be background characters from video games and animes. So far, the staging areas haven't come up against any resistance, but there are some people that approach them and give them the whereabouts of little green soldiers with shields.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Blaze » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:58 pm

"BURNING JUSTICE~!"

Alex gives Rocks a resolute nod and turns to Roll.

"I'm ready~!"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Ookalf » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:24 pm

muffinstud wrote:Roll pinches the bridge of her nose as she looks at her brother. "Yes. There are some robots that aren't evil. If you meet any, be sure to bring them back with you. They sometimes have useful powers they can lend you, if you're nice to them."

Keep an eye out for the good robots, make sure they stay safe. Got it. *Ookalf nods.* So... You gonna show me to the teleporter, or do I make my own way there?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:40 pm

(( EEEEK! I've been falling really behind on my posting... sorry... ^_^;; ))

muffinstud wrote:Amaranthine and Vera enter the bar, to see the aforementioned scene unfold. Lucky them that they won't have to have exposition dumped on them... again.

Amaranthine listens attentively to the explanation, although Vera looks somewhat bored with the whole affair. Still, once they seem ready to head to the teleporter, she perks up, apparently eager to bash some robots!

muffinstud wrote:Blues gives the injured robot one last comforting smile and a squeeze to the hand before grabbing her shield and leaping off into the woods!

The eyes in the sky manage to witness a few more groups of huddled civilians. All of them have spent canisters of gas and a few tendrils of smoke wafting around them... and they all appear to be background characters from video games and animes. So far, the staging areas haven't come up against any resistance, but there are some people that approach them and give them the whereabouts of little green soldiers with shields.

Some tech soon arrive to give Maxwell proper treatment and her debriefing! Perhaps she'll return later!

In the meantime, the CTC forces remain on the lookout for any signs of robot activity. As people begin to report in sightings of the little green soldiers, contingents of CTC troops deploy to try and stop the robots before they do any more damage. At least they're fielding tougher forces than last time -- instead of just a couple of HMMWVs and troops with small arms, they field mecha and powered armor carrying heavier weapons to try and stop the green soldier robots.
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:01 am

"I don't get it. If you think this Doctor is behind the robot army that's blasting everyone.... and he's also behind you and your sister down there... how come you two aren't trying to kill me?", he asked, accidentally flicking a switch on the counter top as he was wiping away the dust.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse